PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike mayock combine coverage

Bledsoehasaring

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Someone please help me.. If I have to hear mike mayock lisp his way through one more sentence where he is talking about twitchy guys, I might kill myself. Every other word out of his lispy mouth is either tweener or twitchy. When did this coverage get so brutal? I can't be the only one. Please let's talk about it or I will continue to obsess

this thread was deff needed

I was just joking around. No one else is wondering why the word twitchy is used more than the word "the" during these broadcast. It's the off season 18 days before free agency. We are a little slow. Just trying to lighten the mood

I reached my lifetime limit of Mike Mayock on those dreadful NFL Network Thursday night games last year. You would have to pay me to watch combine coverage. Mike Mayock assessing Pop Warner players in ghastly orange underwear is more than I can bear.

Call me when they make an NFL roster.

I respect all the effort guys like Mayock and Kiper put into it, but they're pretty rarely right. The NFL is such a crap shoot, goodluck guessing and being correct more than 15-20% of the time, no matter how educated you are.

I respect all the effort guys like Mayock and Kiper put into it, but they're pretty rarely right. The NFL is such a crap shoot, goodluck guessing and being correct more than 15-20% of the time, no matter how educated you are.

So true because they miss out the interview stage they don't get to learn what teams learn about the character of a player. and the human element is such a big one when it comes to NFL players. They also seem to be unable to pick the right people to compare players with They want to try and compare Mariota with Wilson and Griffin Based on 40 times neither of those guys were option QB's in colleges a bit of a stupid comparison to make.
I think there is a lot to be gained at the draft but not from timed drills other than the 3 cone and 2yard shuttle. The jumps can also show a lot of explosiveness, but are just an indicator.
Sadly I have been housebound after surgery since 2 days after the Super Bowl so I now have now watched every combine workout as TV shows were running out.

Someone please help me.. If I have to hear mike mayock lisp his way through one more sentence where he is talking about twitchy guys, I might kill myself. Every other word out of his lispy mouth is either tweener or twitchy. When did this coverage get so brutal? I can't be the only one. Please let's talk about it or I will continue to obsess
There are LOADS of people doing NFL games and other programming with voices and speech characteristics I find far more irritating than Mayock's.

It's gotta be tough broadcasting the combine, it's not the most exciting thing. After watching the first 5 40 yard dashes, they all look the same, a few times I found myself uttering, man he's flying, only to find out if was a 4.55. So not the most exciting subject matter.

So true because they miss out the interview stage they don't get to learn what teams learn about the character of a player. and the human element is such a big one when it comes to NFL players. They also seem to be unable to pick the right people to compare players with They want to try and compare Mariota with Wilson and Griffin Based on 40 times neither of those guys were option QB's in colleges a bit of a stupid comparison to make.
I think there is a lot to be gained at the draft but not from timed drills other than the 3 cone and 2yard shuttle. The jumps can also show a lot of explosiveness, but are just an indicator.
Sadly I have been housebound after surgery since 2 days after the Super Bowl so I now have now watched every combine workout as TV shows were running out.

I agree that the interviews matter, but I think it goes even beyond that and to where they get drafted, who the coach is, do they have a plan for him, does he even fit their system?

We place most of the emphasis on the player only, but we often overlook the situation they're walking into. Alex Smith was pretty much written off as a bust, but 3 different head coaches and 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 years is bound to leave a kid confused. Once there was some stability and he matured, he turned into a fine QB (although not as good as Rodgers).

Would Brady become the GOAT if the Jets had drafted him? I think they would have ****ed him up, like everything they do. Jules landed in the best spot for him, I think, and I think he could have washed out elsewhere. In addition to learning how to be a receiver, he made his bones early on as a punt returner and emergency DB, and the former QB had done none of those things in college and had to learn them on the fly. Our coaching staff was patient and coached him up. Does that happen if he gets drafted by Buffalo?

There are just so many variables as to whether a kid makes it or not, and the level they improve. JJ Watt was definitely a 1st rounder on everyone's board, but I didn't see anyone pushing him into the top 5. Nobody knew he would turn into what he did, even though we knew he had the chance to be good. And I remember some thinking he went a bit higher than he should have at #11. I don't think anyone believes that anymore.

Which is all just a long way of saying that as we watch all the draft gurus on TV and on this board, it's important to remember nobody knows what a kid will become, not even that kid himself.

There is a funny article on PFT today about how Millen (even as the GM of the Lions, holding the second pick) warned Mr. Burns against drafting Russell. Apparently Millen had Russell in Detriot and both he and Rod Marenelli kicked Rissell out of their offices because he couldn't/wouldn't pat attention!

Millen said Russell looked at his watch three times in the first five minutes. so he gave him the boot, ditto too for Marinelli, so Millen actually called Al Davis and told him. OT to pick him!

BTW, the two picks after Russell: Megatron and Adrian Peterson.

What a difference missing on a top pick makes.

It's gotta be tough broadcasting the combine, it's not the most exciting thing. After watching the first 5 40 yard dashes, they all look the same, a few times I found myself uttering, man he's flying, only to find out if was a 4.55. So not the most exciting subject matter.

It was the same for me watching some of the fatties run. One of the defensive lineman ran a a quick 5 but his effort looked like he was going to chase down Chris Johnson.

I was just joking around. No one else is wondering why the word twitchy is used more than the word "the" during these broadcast. It's the off season 18 days before free agency. We are a little slow. Just trying to lighten the mood

Moaning about stuff is a novel approach to lightening the mood...

SURE you were, now go stand in the corner for 30 minutes!

Moaning about stuff is a novel approach to lightening the mood...
mike mayock's lisp could lighten any mood. Clearly you don't understand the power of the soft s.

Him rapping funk was pretty funny.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back