PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Martz on the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Martz. He's an awesome OC... would be nice to bring him in :O

I like the part where Martz could see during the 2001 regular-season game that the Pats were Super Bowl quality.

me too; it was the part of the article that impressed me more

Wow, Martz is a pretty classy coach. Very nice article. It must be hard to admit that another team is doing it better than you could, but here he comes out and says it. I was surprised. Martz comes across as a pretty humble guy.

Martz is an innovator who has a belief in a new type of NFL football, an up tempo passing attack that controls the game through aggressive offensive play never allowing the opposition to gain their balance or play from their strength.

If Martz had remained an OC he might have pulled it off, but the demands of HC duties derailed him. So now he gets to see someone else fulfill his dream, like the true innovator who loves the idea more then the credit he can appreciate BBs taking his dream to fulfillment.

BB made several comments back in 01 to 03 about how much he respected Martz and what he was doing with that Ram offense....BB was very interested in what he saw and now we get to see that it was more then just admiration it was so unique and powerful BB wanted to implement it himself and has.

This is also why BB chose Josh Mc Daniels for OC being young, smart and not having already developed his own offensive scheme he was the perfect pick to groom and mentor into the role of OC of this new offensive approach. No retraining required just fertile ground for BB to plant in.

I remember that 'fumble' he talks about at the end of the first half ! Ant. Smith kinda fell on a pile of players without hitting the ground and fumbled and i can still remember what i screamed at him!!! From scoring 7 , they go the other way and score. But i can also still remember taking so much positives from a defeat that was than against the top seed of the NFL. Seems like yesterday.

FOXBORO | While the 1972 Miami Dolphins aren't yet willing to share the pedestal as the NFL's only undefeated Super Bowl champion, the architect of "The Greatest Show on Turf" in St. Louis has already transferred that title.

Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, sitting in his office last night while preparing for the San Diego Chargers this Sunday, says that title now belongs to Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

"Bill (Belichick) is doing what we envisioned (in St. Louis)," said Martz, whose team lost a tough game, 28-27, to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

"It's fun to watch. I am so impressed with the Patriots, especially the way they attack on offense," said Martz. "I think it just goes to show you how unique Bill is. He is always looking to get better. They have the best offense I've ever seen."

That must be killing Marshall Faulk!:singing:

It's the classiest piece of self-serving analysis I've seen in a while.

Mainly, it's straightforward, gracious, and a little insightful. And the bragging is high-class, boiling down to "I recognized their greatness early; what a smart boy am I" and "I lost to the best, so how bad was I really?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes