PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Martz is new Lions OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what happened to his willingness to sit out a year and wait for an HC opening?

i'm very interested to see what he can do with that large pool of offensive talent that the lions have.

The Lions are an immediate contender in the black and blue division. This was a great signing for Detriot.

skri65 said:
i'm very interested to see what he can do with that large pool of offensive talent that the lions have.

NEM will really be in a funk now.

It's gonna take a lot more than Mike Martz to right that ship. I wonder if Damon Woody is enjoying his big pay day or if he hates going to work every Sunday. I don't blame him for taking the money but it can't be easy to lose every week.

Hoodie said:
It's gonna take a lot more than Mike Martz to right that ship. I wonder if Damon Woody is enjoying his big pay day or if he hates going to work every Sunday. I don't blame him for taking the money but it can't be easy to lose every week.
He's happy, there's some good bar-b-q there, courtesy of southern migration.

Box_O_Rocks said:
He's happy, there's some good bar-b-q there, courtesy of southern migration.

And that's just what Woody needs is BBQ. Looks like he's had plenty already. :)

Box_O_Rocks said:
NEM will really be in a funk now.

Especially because in another Forum I challenged him on his predictive ability (which I said was ZERO) and he just today guaranteed that Martz would "soon be with the Patriots." ROTFLMAO!

Has he EVER been right???

you guys are nuts for thinking detroit isnt a season or 2 away from being a force...thye just need to realize..harrington = nfle material..theyve waited long enough for him and its obvious it aint happening..no maybe a stud G/T would be a lil better...but other than that a premo :rocker: DL/LB combo would do it just right..in 2 drafts ull see..but they still wont have a thing on the pats. :D

I really like the signing and think it will help them figure out if Harrington is NFL quality.
Martz always has a top 10 ranked offense so this will definitely improve the weakest part of the Lions game.

Fresh start for a lot of those underachieving players..

It really doesn't take much to be a playoff contender in the NFC.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55 said:
you guys are nuts for thinking detroit isnt a season or 2 away from being a force...thye just need to realize..harrington = nfle material..theyve waited long enough for him and its obvious it aint happening..no maybe a stud G/T would be a lil better...but other than that a premo :rocker: DL/LB combo would do it just right..in 2 drafts ull see..but they still wont have a thing on the pats. :D

win-win-win-winwin-win

skri65 said:
1. the lions get a truly talented OC, for whom OC isa the top of level of competence.
2. matrz get a job at which he excels, not one at which he sucks.
3. a set of team owers begin a 4-year path in this order:
1 and 2 years of anguish while the team reaches a level of mediocrity, then declines.
3rd year where owners, press and fans realize that MM has to go.
4th year =, where MM is fired and a new coach comes inwhith a new system. everybody starts all over again.
instead, the lions get a really good OC with a diabolical approach. Martz gets a job he does well. whoever brought him in looks like genius.
whatcha got heeer is......wins 'till the sun go down.

the right version., sorry

drpatriot said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2323226
Maybe he'll actually DO something with all the talent they have.
i blew this completely.

1. the lions get a truly talented OC, for whom OC isa the top of level of competence.
2. matrz get a job at which he excels, not one at which he sucks.

if somebody ever again hires him as a HC, the team owers begin a 4-year path in this order:
1 and 2 years of anguish while the team reaches a level of mediocrity, then declines.
3rd year where owners, press and fans realize that MM has to go.
4th year =, where MM is fired and a new coach comes in whith a new system. everybody starts all over again.
instead, the lions get a really good OC with a diabolical approach. Martz gets a job he does well. whoever brought him in looks like genius.
whatcha got heeer is......wins 'till the sun go down.
Today 10:43 AM

I think the Lions will come on in leaps and bounds this year. Having watched a number of their games (gf is a Detroiter), it is so clear that they have talent but a complete lack of direction and discipline.

Marinelli might just be the type of coach they should have hired last time around, instead of picking a 'nice guy' type who hails from Michigan. And Martz can't help but improve the most under-achieving offence in the entire league.

Just have to wonder how much his heart will be in it, working for a rookie head coach, and Martz was close to being a super bowl winning coach.

Orlovsky..

What do you think they take another Wide Receiver.
With Matt Millen there, I don't see them getting too far. Maybe a good offence, what about the defence and do you really think they will have a good draft or free agent signing, I don't see it. They may win the division but so what that maybe the worse division in the history of the NFL.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Just have to wonder how much his heart will be in it, working for a rookie head coach, and Martz was close to being a super bowl winning coach.

That is what I am wondering, with his ego, if things don't go well, what is the likelihood of Martz not opening his mouth and undermining a HC in Marinelli ,who Martz may not believe should be a HC over him?

Does Marinelli have the gravitas to keep Martz in his place?

I rest my case. Proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey