PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Martz, anyone? 49ers fired him today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think BB likes Martz, right? Just wondering if he might be a candidate if Josh leaves.

Re: Mike Martz, anyone? 49ers fired him today ...

we've got the personel he wants, but no one here wants martz. i'll let someone else mention 2001.

we've got the personel he wants, but no one here wants martz. i'll let someone else mention 2001.

Maybe Martz just needs to work under the right head coach. ;)

The Rams and 49ERs fired his butt and not to mention the lowly Detroit Lions

Do you really want a guy that even the Lions thought was not very good?

No thanks,Lets pass on this bum

i thought marshall faulk wanted him

Just because BB says he admires his schemes doesn't mean he'd want him as his offensive coordinator.

There are certain things Martz believes such as ball security and limiting turnovers not being as important as trying to make big plays that BB would never go along with.

Last edited:

I think BB likes Martz, right? Just wondering if he might be a candidate if Josh leaves.

Likes him because every time he plays him he knows how to shutdown his "crazy/high powered" offense!

Btw...BB says he likes mangini too!

The Lions fired him because he thought he knew more than the HC and I would assume his personality got him in trouble with Singletary in SF as well. I hate Mike Martz, it maybe irrational but he drives me crazy...as a HC! As an OC he is as good as they come, he is creative, aggressive and dynamic in his play calling. What he could do with Brady and company quite possibly would be amazing, probably record breaking!

But I don't want him...it would be a whole new offense for everyone to learn, who knows if he could check his ego (my guess is he would respect Bill enough to not step on his toes) and he gambles too much.

No Martz for me....Please!!!!

Last edited:

Btw...BB says he likes mangini too!

Really? Has he said that anytime in the last three years?

I'll take Shanahan as the OC!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

Really? Has he said that anytime in the last three years?

it's a bit of hyperbole but I hope you get the point. BB says he likes/respects a lot of people but there are deep down those who he despises and wants nothing to do with. I firmly believe martz falls into the category of the latter.

it's a bit of hyperbole but I hope you get the point. BB says he likes/respects a lot of people but there are deep down those who he despises and wants nothing to do with. I firmly believe martz falls into the category of the latter.

If you follow BB closely you can tell the difference. He's expressed genuine admiration more than once for Martz's acumen as an offensive strategist in specific terms. He's also given similar praise to Shanahan.

Martz? I'll pass! (Get it?)

Seriously I agree that the guy has creativity and ability, but his go for the big play philosophy, and stubborn inability to adapt to what a D counters you with makes him a No-Go for BB. Rather than constantly fight it out with his OC I'll wager that BB would prefer a less experienced but cerebral up and comer assuming he couldn't find a greybeard congruent with his move the chains first, and wait for a big play opportunity philosophy.

Martz? I'll pass! (Get it?)

Seriously I agree that the guy has creativity and ability, but his go for the big play philosophy, and stubborn inability to adapt to what a D counters you with makes him a No-Go for BB. Rather than constantly fight it out with his OC I'll wager that BB would prefer a less experienced but cerebral up and comer assuming he couldn't find a greybeard congruent with his move the chains first, and wait for a big play opportunity philosophy.

He'll be perfect for the Jest and Favre.......The two will deliver the Jest right back to sub 500 record.....:D

If you follow BB closely you can tell the difference. He's expressed genuine admiration more than once for Martz's acumen as an offensive strategist in specific terms. He's also given similar praise to Shanahan.

agree with shanahan. just like jauron...saban (when he was in the pros)...norv turner....gruden....etc..

But, a guy like martz, and i've listened to BB's press conferences more times than you know, BB may like martz but he has no use for him.

He may talk about him being an offensive genius, creative or whatever words you want to describe but I'm telling you, deep down, BB knows he can squash him. One thing about those other guys, very rarely does their ego get in the way of winning a game. Martz is a guy who's ego does and that's something BB can't stand.

The Rams and 49ERs fired his butt and not to mention the lowly Detroit Lions

Do you really want a guy that even the Lions thought was not very good?

No thanks,Lets pass on this bum
Oops. Looks like someone stole PATRIOTSFANINPA's log in info and is posting reasoned analysis under his name.
:eek:

I like Martz and I think he could fit in fine here, Belichick doesn't have a history of going outside of the organization for top jobs though. OTOH there doesn't appear to be a clear succession plan if McDaniels leaves.

A stubborn fool who would rather lose doing things his way, then win doing things a different way... no thanks...

Martz? I'll pass!
groan :bricks:

Seriously I agree that the guy has creativity and ability, but his go for the big play philosophy, and stubborn inability to adapt to what a D counters you with makes him a No-Go for BB.
Sound a lot like McDaniels in the last superbowl.

No No No No No

NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes