PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Lombardi leaves Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rate the 2014 draft a B-. We did get stork who is a genuine starter. Earley was pretty good but not sure what happened at the end. Gap is still valuable and Fleming contributed that season.

But we had an A++ free agency. Browner, revis, lafell and not to mention udfa Butler. Plus return of blount

I did a pretty in depth breakdown with my thoughts on it in the draft forum prior to this year's draft...

Revisiting the 2014 draft

It's only one word (out), but I did laugh at how the editors at BSPN wrote the headline for this news in comparison to other media outlets. These guys just can't help themselves with any type of news if it involves the Patriots.

BSPN: "Lombardi Out from Patriots' front office"

This led to PFT being unable to resist the bait, and speculating that Lombardi might leak info about deflategate and what it is like to work in the front office for the Patriots - despite Reiss reporting that the split was amicable.

By comparison the headline at WEEI was simply Source: Mike Lombardi parting ways with Patriots and at CSNNE the headline read Report: Michael Lombardi leaving Patriots' staff.

Why the alleged world wide leader cannot report news without having to attempt to sensationalize it is mind boggling.
You know, if I watched BSPN, I too would have been pissed at the way they reported Lombardi's exit from the Pats. However since it's been over a year since I have watched that steaming pile of **** of a network, my blood pressure has never been better. I suggest you do the same.

Mike Reiss would be the ONLY reason to watch them or click on their web site, and most of Mike's good stuff can be seen on Pats all access or talked about on this site in one of Ian's media roundups . There is really no need to have anything to do with them. JM, join the millions upon millions of sports fans who have found better sources for their sports news. If you want to be aggravated you can watch or listen to plenty of our local media sources. They may be assholes too, but at least they are OUR assholes. ;)

BTW- another media gig is most likely for Lombardi - It's good money and far easier than the really undefined roll he had here. Like all good football guys he had his hits and misses. But in the end he did OK and I wish him well. My bet he winds up on HBO with Bill Simmonds

BTW- another media gig is most likely for Lombardi - It's good money and far easier than the really undefined roll he had here. Like all good football guys he had his hits and misses. But in the end he did OK and I wish him well. My bet he winds up on HBO with Bill Simmonds

I hope so, IMHO Lombardi was extremely entertaining on the old Simmon's BS podcasts. He had an opinion on everything related to football, and compared to the usual mediots he was extremely knowledgable. The quality of the BS podcasts really went down several notches when Lombardi took the Cleveland (and then Patriots) gigs and gave up his media jobs.

I hope so, IMHO Lombardi was extremely entertaining on the old Simmon's BS podcasts. He had an opinion on everything related to football, and compared to the usual mediots he was extremely knowledgable. The quality of the BS podcasts really went down several notches when Lombardi took the Cleveland (and then Patriots) gigs and gave up his media jobs.

Lombardi was great on the BS Report. I hope he ends up with Simmons on a pod soon at least. Would be awesome if he ended up at the ringer.

Mixed feelings on this. Yeah, he brought insider info on Sheard and Lewis, but he was there. He reportedly convinced the Pats to take Easley. How good is he at identifying talent who is not already playing for his team?

Mixed feelings on this. Yeah, he brought insider info on Sheard and Lewis, but he was there. He reportedly convinced the Pats to take Easley. How good is he at identifying talent who is not already playing for his team?
It's pretty hard to have much feelings on him unless you work in the Pats front office in my opinion. Bill isn't exactly giving us details information on what everyone does lol.

do we know what ernie adams actually does?

I have a sneaking suspicion that "Ernie Adams" was made up as a boogeyman for other teams to check under the bed for.

A few stories in books and magazines and around an awards banquet table or two, and an out-of-work actor from Burbank, and boom, something scarier than Belichick.

It's guys like you who were fooled by the moon landing "footage" :)

It's guys like you who were fooled by the moon landing "footage" :)

Sorry, but if I told you what I know I'd have to ... er, terminate you with extreme prejudice.

Sorry, but if I told you what I know I'd have to ... er, terminate you with extreme prejudice.

I browse PatsFans for fun. You'd be doing me a favor.

I take it back, tell me after Belichick and Brady have both retired and they rename the stadium Schick.

Anybody know why Albert Breer is such a smug ****head about Lombardi? Did he bang his wife or something?

Last edited:
Anybody know why Albert Breer is such a smug ****head about Lombardi? Did he bang his wife or something?

There could be some truth to that. Breer doesn't look like the kind of guy capable of consistently pleasing a woman.

The last thing Belichick needed was another yes man and he had his fill of those.
Mike Lombardi was good for Bill ... unafraid to speak his mind and give other opinions.
So glad we had him and hopefully some of the staff learned from him ... I bet they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes