Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mike Huckabee

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Again, im talking objective political observation, not talking who you/I like or prefer.
    The void in the Republican field has made it possible for a second tier candidate to move up. Huckabee is now running second in Iowa, and hes the true social conservative the religious right say they want. Guiliani is this years Howard Dean, Thompson is a bust, McCain destroyed himself by saddling up to the war, Romney is, well, Romney.

Huckabee, if he can come in strong in Iowa, has a huge court waiting for their king. So look out for him.

The Democrats would still beat him, as 2008 is simply their year, but im just sayin.......

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I like Huckabee and he has that feel about him that I think could do well in the general election; the problem is that he doesn't have a big national campaign so even if he wins Iowa his infrastructure the rest of the way isn't strong. That's not to say he can't go on to win the nomination but, unfortunately, winning Iowa would be the easy part for him.

3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm agnostic, leaning towards atheist, but I'm fine with a religious fanatic as President; I just want one with some brains and one who will actually watch spending.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

He's got no shot nationally. Huckebee winning Iowa is the best gift Giuliani could ever wish for. I like Huckabee personally, in that he speaks very politely, and in a manner that is simplistic and sensible. He's a charming guy, but his rise to second has resulted in more articles describing his governorship in Arkansas, and I'm not sure he's the type of candidate the right is genuinley looking for.

5. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

You mean like the founding fathers?

I thought it was the war that divided the country? I guess by 'divide this country in much the same way as bush' means that since you don't like him, he's the same as bush.

Hilarious, you give him the 'religious fanatic' title....then use it against him :rolleyes:

It's led you off the couch and to this political forum continuously :D
    ............................................................................................

I have no idea who i am going to vote for, but i heard Huckabee on the radio the other day doing an interview: he was the only candidate to date (on both sides) that I have heard that actually sounded good. He came across as a 'strait shooter' and answered all the questions without sidestepping into the 'political speak' ......and seemed to be a strait-forward guy. (he was getting some tough questions too, not the softballs so many candidated get) I don't know where he stands on all the different issues, but his attitude was a breath of fresh air!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

So they're all the same, huh ? Where's Patters to cry of religious discrimination here ?

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Let's see NEM's tune toward religion when Obama talks to god, or when Hillary starts going to church next year. What was Obama saying about God and creating a Kingdom on Earth? Was NEM overly critical then, calling him a "religious fanatic"? Probably not. See, I don't want, nor require religious anything in candidates. I have no problem with someone who is religious, just as I don't have one with someone who is not. Someone's faith, or lack there of, does give you some insight into their charactor, and that's the only thing I pay attention to.

8. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Or if someone pretends, for political reasons, to have faith.....that says alot about someone. We will see how it trends toward election day.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Just like if I say all women, mexicans or blacks are all the same. That would go over well wouldn't it ? Well not all overtly religious people are lacking intelligence, nor are they all big spenders.

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

No I'm not. You said :

So you've decided that if you don't like ONE "charming, simplistic allegedly religious, individual" you don't want another. So if I see some black guy I don't like am I allowed to judge them all based on the one ? I don't think so.

11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's irrelevant to me. I don't think Bush's intelligence or big spending ways are tied to his religion any more than they are to his race or gender.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

wow... saving this one...

anyhow, this country will never "elect" a man who raises his hand when the question "who does NOT believe in evolution?" is asked... but, as we've learned, that doesn't mean he can't become president...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think most people realize a "no" answer means that we didn't evolve from single cell "beings" into what we are today; most religious people acknowledge some degree of evolution but asked "yes" or "no" it's difficult to know which the press will misinterpret worse.

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

an interesting deduction... somehow i doubt he was sitting on the fence on the yes or no question based on his response here in the next debate, when asked about his "no" vote...

seemed like a man of conviction there... earned a lot more votes from the religious right with that one alone...

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

How freely Christianity is "Bashed" on here but if I should even whisper the word "Allah or Muslim" I am called a Racist.

Democrats are scared sh!tless of "Islam"

Do Presbytarians breed "suicide bombers" :confused:

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

I don't vote for any person based on one quality or attribute.

17. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

hello, the thread is not about who you like, i get it, you dont like Huckabee, I was interested in a discussion of objective politics. Does anyone have an opinion about that or is this going to be a discussion on Christianity?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a grossly offensive stereotype, not only to Evangelics but to religious people, and a blatent violation of the forum rules. You have been reported to the appropriate authorities.

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Hey, I was wondering why there wasn't more interest in Huckabee quite awhile ago. I think he has a lot of strengths (for the Republican Party, that is). But, I think someone said the country will never allow someone to lead us named President Huckabee. I also read he's raised taxes quite a bit in Arkansas and is not against using taxes to help the poor. That said, he is conservative on the hot button social issues of abortion and gay rights. He'd never get my vote, but at least he seems like a pretty decent guy from the little I've read.

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree and, thankfully, the country will probably never allow someone to lead us named Barack Hussein Obama.