PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Greenburgh slams Pats on M&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it this morning. He didn't SLAM the Patriots at all. Everytime someone mentions the Patriots people start thinking its a slam or a jab.

I saw it too he was not knocking the pats.0nly saying they can
only get better . Thinks they will trade pick.

Greenie is just in awe of the circumstances surrounding the Pats year. Why
read any more into it than that? He is shaking his head and wondering how
this could come about because he roots for what we used to be: The NFL's
most dysfunctional franchise. Give the guy a break and remember when we
were fans of such a franchise. It's gotta be hard facing that year after year,
and on top of that, seeing how the haves and havenots are distancing themselves
with each 'passing' season (pun intended!).

I agree. Not to say Greenie doesn't slam the Pats, and didn't play up the spygate nonsense, due to being a jets fan - he DOES, and he did. But this doesn't strike me as an example of that.

Last edited:
He hates the Patriots.
he admitted it on yesterday's show and i m just quoting "You know i hate the patriots and i always root against them"

Greenburgh is such an average talk show host. Really brings nothing to the table. I never take him seriously.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But I think M&M are the best (aside from PTI) in the entertainment sports area.

If you want average that brings nothing to the table, see: Cowherd, Colin.

He hates the Patriots.
he admitted it on yesterday's show and i m just quoting "You know i hate the patriots and i always root against them"

Of course he does. He's a Jets homer and he should "hate" the Patriots, just like I "hate" the Jets. If you had your own nationally-televised sports talk show, you'd have every right to "hate" whichever team you wanted, i.e. Bill Simmons. I actually prefer "Mike&Mike" to most other talk shows out there.

As others have said - he's not slamming the Pats, just doing a Bill Simmons on how hopeless next season is going to be for his home team. Can you blame him? Not so long ago he did say that the outlook for the Jets was bleak because the Patriots were not going away and only getting better.

A lot of programs and presenters have soured over this momentous year (Inside NFL and HBO in particular), but I still try to catch M&M whenever I can. They may not be the most incisive, but they do mock their own unrealized predictions and speak honestly (unlike the rest of the ESPN agenda filled mob).

I will never forget Greenie wearing Vrabel's sequined 50 jersey all one morning after losing a bet to the Patriot's LB. I almost think he enjoyed it and then he auctioned the shirt for around a $1000.

Guess it must feel like Arizona playing all those years with the 49ers and never once realizing glory.

Greenburgh is such an average talk show host. Really brings nothing to the table. I never take him seriously.

Whatever. Compared to the two idiots on WEEI, they are a breath of fresh
air. The only time I listen to WEEI is when they have a Pats or football
guest and then it's off to 890.

Guess it must feel like Arizona playing all those years with the 49ers and never once realizing glory.

And the sad thing is, that mentality is so well engrained, that, apparently, even when 'Zona has the demonstrably better team, they still manage to f@#$)&@ up against the Niners. :mad:

You want money in the bank? When a QB suffers a separated shoulder, they will not overcome it all year. Bledsoe suffered one and he wasn't the same. Brady in 2002 came back from the same thing Favre suffered last week. His play suffered. Favre will not be the same player this year. He's done. The 49ers should have IR'd Smith, or at least kept him on the sidelines. They screwed with their team throwing the kid out there with his accuracy off because of an injury. Ben Roethlisberger, same thing. He came into the AFCCG with a shoulder injury and threw an immediate pick.

This is money in the bank, but coaches never learn.

I do not have a link so maybe someone could help but this morning Mike and Mike were reviewing the draft order and at the end of the discussion Greenie the Jets fan says, (paraphrasing from memory)
"so the Patriots could go 19-0, have their pick removed for violating league rules, and get the SECOND PICK the SECOND PICK in the upcomming draft." "It makes you want to throw up from it."
After this season, the Patriots dynasty will be complete. The following sums it all up:

"Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Maybe we need to reexamine what a "slam" is.

You want money in the bank? When a QB suffers a separated shoulder, they will not overcome it all year. Bledsoe suffered one and he wasn't the same. Brady in 2002 came back from the same thing Favre suffered last week. His play suffered. Favre will not be the same player this year. He's done. The 49ers should have IR'd Smith, or at least kept him on the sidelines. They screwed with their team throwing the kid out there with his accuracy off because of an injury. Ben Roethlisberger, same thing. He came into the AFCCG with a shoulder injury and threw an immediate pick.

This is money in the bank, but coaches never learn.

Hmmm, thought Favre separated his non-throwing shoulder, wherease Brady has always had problems with his throwing one. Big difference.

Greenie is a died in the woll Jets fan, he bleeds green has season tickets and is really pissed off on the Jets' lack of play/heart this season. You get more football talk from Mike & Mike than Denise & Carrion.

dude, I highly advise you to get sirius radio and listen to the nfl network.

I can't even figure out how mike and mike stays on the air, except maybe the lack of competition.

I do not have a link so maybe someone could help but this morning Mike and Mike were reviewing the draft order and at the end of the discussion Greenie the Jets fan says,
(paraphrasing from memory)
"so the Patriots could go 19-0, have their pick removed for violating league rules, and get the SECOND PICK the SECOND PICK in the upcomming draft." "It makes you want to throw up from it."

In between each word Golic can be quoted as saying, "yep".

I should be used to it by now, but you know what, I'm not.:mad:

This is what pissed you off. :rolleyes: Dude, you are going to be an angry person when you grow up.

The Patriots did not expect SF to be this inept. I think they expected them to finish middle of the pack (i.e., 10-20 range, hoping for the upper half of that range). The Krafts have said many times that they feel the best value starts late in the first half of the first round, so that's what I think they would aim for (again, there are costs associated with having the #2 pick--but that's an issue for another post).

BB has stated in the past that when they trade for future picks, they assume they'll be in the middle of the round.

That sounded somewhat more credible to me at the time than his generic "Anything can happen on any given Sunday" kind of stuff. I.e., I more than half believe it. ;)

BB has stated in the past that when they trade for future picks, they assume they'll be in the middle of the round.

That sounded somewhat more credible to me at the time than his generic "Anything can happen on any given Sunday" kind of stuff. I.e., I more than half believe it. ;)

Belichick stated this or are you assuming that is how he thinks? I doubt he would ever tip his hand about his draft strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back