PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Greenburgh slams Pats on M&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Hooligan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I do not have a link so maybe someone could help but this morning Mike and Mike were reviewing the draft order and at the end of the discussion Greenie the Jets fan says,
(paraphrasing from memory)
"so the Patriots could go 19-0, have their pick removed for violating league rules, and get the SECOND PICK the SECOND PICK in the upcomming draft." "It makes you want to throw up from it."

In between each word Golic can be quoted as saying, "yep".

I should be used to it by now, but you know what, I'm not.:mad:

Damn Jets fans :D

We SHOULD have the top five pick AND #32. Instead we just have the top five pick. Throw up on that, Mikey.

Sounds more like the highest of praise to me. Not "slamming".

He's complaining that they are so good at what they do that it is almost unfair.

He is also a big Jets fans who like most Jets fans are so jealous that they are blinded by hate.

Sounds more like the highest of praise to me. Not "slamming".

He's complaining that they are so good at what they do that it is almost unfair.

I'm going to ask Mike Reiss for his opinion on this, but this is my take on the situation:

The Patriots did not expect SF to be this inept. I think they expected them to finish middle of the pack (i.e., 10-20 range, hoping for the upper half of that range). The Krafts have said many times that they feel the best value starts late in the first half of the first round, so that's what I think they would aim for (again, there are costs associated with having the #2 pick--but that's an issue for another post).

Stopped watching M&M a long time ago. It had a hauntingly familiar format to "The View." I guess you'd really like the show if you love constant whining in the hopes of being irreverent stopping far short of being humorous.

It's simply more regurgitated sports pablum.

Greenie is just in awe of the circumstances surrounding the Pats year. Why
read any more into it than that? He is shaking his head and wondering how
this could come about because he roots for what we used to be: The NFL's
most dysfunctional franchise. Give the guy a break and remember when we
were fans of such a franchise. It's gotta be hard facing that year after year,
and on top of that, seeing how the haves and havenots are distancing themselves
with each 'passing' season (pun intended!).

Stopped watching M&M a long time ago. It had a hauntingly familiar format to "The View." I guess you'd really like the show if you love constant whining in the hopes of being irreverent stopping far short of being humorous.

It's simply more regurgitated sports pablum.

Yeah, come to think of it, Greenie's metrosexual schtick, eyebrow waxing, and whining, etc, does sound a lot like "The View"....

I like Greenie's take on the Pats. I think he takes their success in stride. He also admits how he fears Brady more than anyone.

"so the Patriots could go 19-0, have their pick removed for violating league rules, and get the SECOND PICK the SECOND PICK in the upcomming draft." "It makes you want to throw up from it."

That's called karma, Mikey. It's coming to bite you in the ass.

How do you know that? I didn't.
Simple, when Rosie O'Donnell went pear-shaped on "The View" and revealed the conspiracy of the US Gov't behind 9/11, the news channels had clips of "The View" ad nauseum. That's all I needed to see, as I thought, this is a daytime version of M&M. After some serious and deep self-reflection, I decided to make some changes in my life. That ended M&M for me right then and there.:D

I heard it this morning. He didn't SLAM the Patriots at all. Everytime someone mentions the Patriots people start thinking its a slam or a jab.

I'm going to ask Mike Reiss for his opinion on this, but this is my take on the situation:

The Patriots did not expect SF to be this inept. I think they expected them to finish middle of the pack (i.e., 10-20 range, hoping for the upper half of that range). The Krafts have said many times that they feel the best value starts late in the first half of the first round, so that's what I think they would aim for (again, there are costs associated with having the #2 pick--but that's an issue for another post).

They shouldn't be surprised, if you looked at last year's results, you'd see this wasn't a team that was at all likely to be a playoff contender. They had the 4th worst point differential in the league last year (outscored by 114 points) and were dead last in points allowed. Maybe they thought they'd be better than the #2 pick, but I highly doubt they thought this would be a top-half team.

That 7-9 record was a mirage and it shocked me how many people were jumping on them as a playoff team.

"It makes you want to throw up from it."

Those guys usually have high praise for the Pats. I think it just wears on fans of other teams to see this type of dominating organization tooling them year after year with no hope in sight.

That's what he really said.

Greenburg has a lot of respect for the Pats.

Not only that but he's very good at his trade.

For a Jets fan he sure does give a lot of kudos to the Patriots. I think it must just get overwhelming for him and other fans to consider a bleak future for their own teams.

I remember back when we got Moss, he was one of the only guys on ESPN that thought it was a good move for the patriots. He knew what was comming. I think that made him want to vomit too. He also thinks we're going to kill the Jets by 70 pts.

Last edited:
Greenie is just in awe of the circumstances surrounding the Pats year. Why
read any more into it than that? He is shaking his head and wondering how
this could come about because he roots for what we used to be: The NFL's
most dysfunctional franchise. Give the guy a break and remember when we
were fans of such a franchise. It's gotta be hard facing that year after year,
and on top of that, seeing how the haves and havenots are distancing themselves
with each 'passing' season (pun intended!).

Greenburgh is such an average talk show host. Really brings nothing to the table. I never take him seriously.

They shouldn't be surprised, if you looked at last year's results, you'd see this wasn't a team that was at all likely to be a playoff contender. They had the 4th worst point differential in the league last year (outscored by 114 points) and were dead last in points allowed. Maybe they thought they'd be better than the #2 pick, but I highly doubt they thought this would be a top-half team.

That 7-9 record was a mirage and it shocked me how many people were jumping on them as a playoff team.

I think the Pats expected a moderately high pick (not #2 though) and figured it would be easy and profitable to trade down to where they thought the best value was.

Anyway, -- I sometimes DVR M&M to skim later. (Didn't this morning, my DVR is full with Pats stuff right now :) ) They sometimes say very nice things but don't usually fawn over the Pats. And they sometimes say ridiculous things (they wouldn't be on radio if they didn't) but Greenburgh usually admits he's a Jets fan. It's at times a nice counterpoint the rest of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes