PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesa: Belichick can't surpass Noll or Walsh; Pats never a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He claims if Belichick wins his fourth Super Bowl, he will still remain behind Noll and Walsh, since they never lost one.

"Now the one problem with [Belichick] and Brady is they've lost their last two trips to the Super Bowl. The one thing is they wanted that fouth one. You know, Belichick had one point where he was going to catch Noll, he and Brady were going to catch Noll and Bradshaw, he didn't do it.

He now can't get pass Walsh or Gibbs becau-, I mean, if he goes 4-2, to Gibbs, that works pretty good, because Gibbs is 3-1, [Belichick would be] 4-2. Noll's 4-0, Walsh is 3-0. So, if you go from that standpoint, he's not gonna catch Walsh or Noll now, because he's lost two. He's got three wins, two losses.

I mean he's been to five and you say, "wow two close plays to the Giants", yeah but his wins are all three point wins. All three of his wins, are all three point wins. So it's not like he's had a lot of, you know, Super Bowl blowouts."

-Mike Francesa (1/11/13)

He also claims that he "doesn't know" if the Patriots were ever a dynasty.

"I don't know if [the salary cap era] a negative or a positive [for a coach winning SBs], to be honest with you. [The salary cap] plays against dynasties, but I don't know if they ever had a dynasty, in that regard. They were built in the new era, so I don't really know how to judge them in any way but to judge them now. It's not like you're seeing a tremendous amount of their star players running out of their to sign with other people."

-Mike Francesa (1/11/13)

It's really sad that this guy is spewing his complete anti-Pats biased nonsense to the #1 rated audience in the country.

Who is this chump? Never heard of the guy before. Link?

Apparently second place is the only loser in his mind.

Anyone sober knows that winning 3 rings is already a dynasty. That is all.

Mike trolling....

Mike-dance-club.gif

The guy is a joke tho. Like literally a joke. Who cares about what he says. If Beli talked to him off the record the guy would be saying Beli is great. He is all about access, and name dropping who he knows. Like most media. :shrug:

Last edited:
I love the "the Patriots only won their SBs by three points" knock.

So, what does it mean when the Giants only beat the Bills by only 1 in SB25? Is that victory somehow invalid? How about NY only beating the Patriots by 3 in SB42? Do they get smaller rings for that?

First off, anyone who concludes that not being in the SB (by extension not being in the playoffs) is better than losing a SB? They are either a congenital idiot or are over emotional in their thought process.

Second, if someone says that a team with 3 SB wins, 2 more SB appearances, 1 AFCCG, 2 Divisional games, an 18 win season, longest winning streak, (among other things) spanning 11 years within a 32 team league argues that is not a dynasty? They either lack basic math skills, decided to make up their own meaning of dynasty or have some unresolved issues with facing truth.

Third, anyone who uses qualifiers to discuss 'what a dynasty is' then disregards the impact of the salary cap on today's franchises versus franchises of the non salary cap era? They lack an understanding of the NFL and/or simply lack critical thinking skills.

Yet as I write this (I did not read his article), I am left with 'who cares what this smarmy b!+ch thinks?'. He is part of a group of media people that are looked at with ridicule and deep down have to use denial to keep them from hitting the bottle too much :D

Last edited:
He's an irrelevant loser to anybody with a IQ above 75. Move on.

Apparently second place is the only loser in his mind.

Exactly and worth repeating again. Placing second out of 32 competitors is only considered to be a loser. Such rank stupidity as to make one wonder if a junior high education is all that is required to do whatever it is he does.

Chuck Noll:

193-148-1 (.566)
Games over .500: 45
Super Bowl Wins: 4
Overall Championships: 4
Conference Championships: 4
Division Championships: 11

Chuck Noll Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Joe Gibbs

154-94-0 (.621)
Games over .500: 60
Super Bowl Wins: 3
Overall Championships: 3
Conference Championships: 4
Division Championships: 6

Joe Gibbs Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bill Walsh

92-59-1 (.609)
Games over .500: 33
Conference Championships: 3
Division Championships: 6

Bill Walsh Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Bill Belichick

187-101-0 (.649)
Games over .500: 86
Conference Championships: 5
Division Championships: 12

Bill Belichick Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Francessa is speaking about a topic where he has a blind spot, again.

DI, you make the mistake of thinking facts matter to this smarmy b!+ch of a '"writer" (or to the majority of mediots).
Fyi, I'm using an insult to name this guy because of the timing of his article. A huge game for the Patriots starts in a few hours. Instead of a common blowhard article on who will win or lose, he uses this time to not only diminish BB/patriots if they win, even if they go to the SB and win, but to make sure the accomplishment is not up to par. He's a punk....

Mike Francesca is a nobody. Tell him to go smoke a few hundred more cartons of cigarettes and stare at his wall for inspiration of crap to write about.

Does the same argument apply when BB wins his 6th as Head Coach of the Patriots? :D

A frustrated Jets Fan, take it for what it is worth..

Does the same argument apply when BB wins his 6th as Head Coach of the Patriots? :D

According to this smarmy b!+ch and his twisted logic, 6 SB wins would not be as good as Walsh/Noll: (6 SB wins * .999 constant for losing any SB) - 2 SB losses = 3.994 SB victories. Wow, what are the odds? BB is still not as good as those that are really the best.

According to this smarmy b!+ch and his twisted logic, 6 SB wins would not be as good as Walsh/Noll: (6 SB wins * .999 constant for losing any SB) - 2 SB losses = 3.994 SB victories. Wow, what are the odds? BB is still not as good as those that are really the best.
Bill Belichick: system coach.

How is dominating in FA era an argument against a dynasty?

I haven't kept track of what this douchebag says but i'm not surprised the jests fans hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down