PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesa And D Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said I wanted respect? Right we didn't beat you this year, but thats not what you said. You said it was going to be a longgg season for you again, which I astutely pointed out that our season was longer than yours last year, so I'm still unclear what your point was.

Before Belichick, your coaches weren't flawed? Your organization wasn't flawed? Your history wasn't flawed? Give me a break. That Spygate incident happened to the Pats right? Jet fans are flawed, but Pat fans are saints?

The only thing you got right in your entire paragraph of straw mans and generalizations is that Shotty is flawed. :cool:

Ok Gotcha ray ray. You just could't leave the spygate thing, could you. Now tell me, What was YOUR guy DOING on the sidelines? Must have been filming a NAT GEO. right? FLAW !! :bricks: Our history also shows many championships and a couple of lombardis I think. Not bad for a "Small Town" team to have made it with the big boys. Plus, we never "Borrow" a stadium. Flaw LMAO. :rolleyes: Jet are flawed you repeated? YES, YES YES, A thousand times YES ! Your a great example Ray Ray.:bricks:

Meh. I've listened to the exchange and Francesa was being Francesa. His shtick is to get athletes to the point of being defensive and the athletes that have done well on his show are the ones who chuckle at the questions and move on.

With that said, as soon as he sensed that he was pi$$ing off his guest MF should have backed off a bit. Along that same line, DR could have done a little better job of deflecting and not being so sensitive.

My .02$

I wished it was a penalty, but even watching it real-time, it looked like Marshall fell into him.

I think, under the current rules for PI, if Marshall was moving in the direction he needs to move in to catch the ball, and makes contact with the defender, it is still PI, even if he is falling down. The defender is held responsible for all contact, regardless. Messed up rule, but that's the way it is I believe.

Meh. I've listened to the exchange and Francesa was being Francesa. His shtick is to get athletes to the point of being defensive and the athletes that have done well on his show are the ones who chuckle at the questions and move on.

With that said, as soon as he sensed that he was pi$$ing off his guest MF should have backed off a bit. Along that same line, DR could have done a little better job of deflecting and not being so sensitive.

My .02$

Agreed. I thought they were both at fault. Francesa harped on the non-PI for a solid 3 minutes. Asking it once was fine, but it was obvious Revis wasn't going to admit it was. Francesa should've backed off after that, or said something along the lines like 'alright we agree to disagree there.'

Revis should've just taken it in stride, he knows he's the best CB, why should he care what Francesa or Gruden/Jaws thinks?

Revis said it best himself:

"I had to move him out of the way to get the ball."

Listen to the interview.

Moss push-offs, yes.

Brady RTP calls, not so much.

I've heard (but can't confirm) that TB averages less RTP calls than the average QB. I certainly don't see TB getting questionable RTP calls; it seems to me that they are called tight against him just like everyone else (except for that tackle at the knees a few weeks ago that was not called and I believe that they ended up fining the guy for).

My .02$

If you listened to the interview, you know that they did get away from the topic, and that it was Revis who went back to it. It's on Revis, not Francesca.

Last edited:
We get YES in my area. My Dad told me about this yesterday and THANK YOU!!! I was able to see this :rocker::rocker::rocker:

LAWL

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOLxD

JOKE of an organization:bricks:

Champ Bailey is the best corner of all time. I would think that Patriots fans know this better than anyone. Have you ever seen someone own Brady so bad? People completely stopped throwing at this guy for a good 5-6 years.

MikePereira Mike Pereira
Twitter
It's an absolute non-call. Neither OPI or DPI. RT @itstellertime: @MikePereira what were your thoughts on the revis marshall non call?

looks like revis was right in this scenario. he didnt commit a penalty.

Nonsense. Pereira is wrong. I'm sure he knows he's full of it with this one, too. You cannot grab the jersey the way Revis did.

This one wasn't even a close call.

Last edited:
I enjoyed that video immensely. The jets can't take it when someone in the local NY media isn't blowing sunshine up their collective ***.

Revis is a damned good corner. Probably the best there is, at least currently. Why couldn't he just laugh it off? The fact that he couldn't suggest he buys into his own hype. Fragile ego.... what a shame.

Nonsense. Pereira is wrong. I'm sure he knows he's full of it with this one, too. You cannot grab the jersey the way Revis did.

This one wasn't even a close call.

idk why would he lie? he knows the rules more than any of us here.

It's funny that a Jets fan would site Mike Periera as a source of proving Revis didn't commit pass interference when they all blasted him for either lying or clueless when he said the refs correctly overturned the Branch fumble vs. the Jets because he said Branch's knee was on the ground and in possession of the ball when Pace touched him.

Of course Periera was wrong then and right now. :rolleyes:

I don't think it was really PI anyway, I thought it was holding since the ball hadn't been released and it was contact beyond the 5 yards. If Periera says it wasn't, then maybe he is right. Again, I don't think that is the reason the Dolphins lost.

Couple of people in this thread called Revis one of the best corners. Please learn some football. Revis is the best. Nobody even close. Francessa began the interview by calling him the best defensive player in the NFL.

Let's get it straight

I don;t know. Ask your fellow Jets fans on Jets Insider. They claim they have a perfect theory why he would lie about Branch not fumbling the ball against the Jets.

I don;t know. Ask your fellow Jets fans on Jets Insider. They claim they have a perfect theory why he would lie about Branch not fumbling the ball against the Jets.

i dont post there sorry.

Pereira has "shaded his opinion" on more than one call in the past. In this case here, he's either lying his ass off or he didn't actually look at the play. The shirt grab is too blatant to miss.

Couple of people in this thread called Revis one of the best corners. Please learn some football. Revis is the best. Nobody even close. Francessa began the interview by calling him the best defensive player in the NFL.

Let's get it straight

Asomogha is at the top of the heap along with him, and he doesn't get the calls the way Revis does. In man, I'm taking Aso. His weakness in zone is what makes the discussion worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back