PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesa And D Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wished it was a penalty, but even watching it real-time, it looked like Marshall fell into him.

To be perfectly honest, I think Cromartie gets flagged too much (at least in the Raiders' game this year) almost like it is make up calls for Revis.

Revis isn't the only player who get the star treatment. But he does get it. Brady has in the past been overprotected by the refs getting favorable roughing the passer calls. Randy Moss got away with pushing off a lot while he was here. It happens to most stars in skill positions. To be perfectly honest, I don't really care that Revis gets star treatment since he isn't the only one, but people need to acknowledge when he gets that treatment.

Surprised no one has liked this post. Actually, I'm not. haha.

I agree though with players getting the star treatment. I think Marshall stumbled into Revis and Revis might have grabbed hold of his just before the ball arrived. It could have been called, but I wouldn't have called it. I think it got so much attention because Chucky kept harping about it.

Actually just prior to this Revis interception, I thought Marshall got away with two blatant pushoffs on Revis, on his first two catches. At worst, this was a makeup call for those pushoffs.

Not sure who has ever played football, especially at wide receiver, but that was pass interference. Sorry. Getting grabbed like that pisses you off more than anything. Marshall shoulda slapped him in the mouth on the next series.

:confused:

Sanders is the best corner the NFL has had since at least as far back as Hayes/Haynes.

Woodson was one of the best all around defensive players in nfl history. just thought Rod needed mentioning when talking best corners.

Here's a stat comparison for reference.

Interceptions: Woodson 71; Sanders 53
Interception TDs: Woodson 12; Sanders 9
Tackles: Woodson 1,050; Sanders 492
Sacks: Woodson 13.5; Sanders 1.0
Pro Bowls: Woodson 11; Sanders 8
Def. Player of Year: Woodson 1; Sanders 1
All-Decade Team: Woodson 1990′s; Sanders 1990′s
Rod has 1 ring too Deion's 2

From Jetfan in peace.

Do you have a special tv that allows you to see the safeties and cornerbacks play? Because I don't, and neither does the rest of America. :confused:

I thought all JET fans have special tv's. Just read J.I. or Gangreen. According to you fans, the whole league is against the JETS and thier ORG! Why is it you guys are ALWAYS right? And for the record, Revis does NOT get the calls he should get alot of the time. As you stated: " This is a laughable thread", well one could say that the JETS are a laughable team along with thier fans. :singing: Enjoy your longggggg season........again.:snob:

Stop. Most of the posters know me on this board as an objective, neutral Jet fan. I back up my points with stats, and point out flaws when I see them. Thats fine, if you want to quote a lot of the people on JI or TGG, but I would be leery to lump EVERY Jet fan into that category as you did.

And what does enjoy our longgg season AGAIN, mean? The fact that we went further in the playoffs than you guys did last year? Then why yes, I hope its a longggg season as you put it.

He's the best CB in the NFL, but he gets away with a lot of holding. As another poster mentioned, the best comparison that I can think of is that Moss used to get away with a ton of pushoffs. In both cases, they were excellent players with or without that advantage, but the refs' curious blind spot to it helped an awful lot. When refs start calling it on Revis, he'll still probably be the best CB in the NFL, but it will hurt him/

This I can get on board with. Why do refs have a curious blind spot for superstars? Not sure. It happens in every sport though, be it basketball (Lebron getting all the calls), baseball (best pitchers getting those borderline strikes), and football. It is what it is.

This is a laughable post. First, he didn't talk about how great he was with his nickname, Rex referenced the fact he was on an island when covering Randy Moss. The media then blew it out of proportion, labeling him Revis Island. Revis' level of play wasn't even close to the same from yr 2 to yr 3. He was an above avg corner in yr 2, he was an ELITE cornerback in yr 3, highlighted by the way Rex used him, progression, etc. His 3rd yr in the NFL is considered by many to be one of the best in the NFL ever for a CB. He finished 2nd in DPOY considerations.

He also went on to say "A number that I think would be interesting would be eight, and no, that’s not the amount of touchdown passes that Green Bay (Woodson's team) gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season, and the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis."

>>>>>Yea the "pass defense went from 29th to 1st, it wasn't cause of Revis." Give me a break.

To say that besides his rookie season, he's never played on a level playing field is beyond absurd. I love how you mention Revis holds on every play. How do you know this? Do you have a special tv that allows you to see the safeties and cornerbacks play? Because I don't, and neither does the rest of America.

I give you credit for saying he's one of the 2 best at his position, but after that your argument is full of holes and inconsistencies.

Revis is getting an unfair shake here, agreed. He's the best corner in the league, best mugger as well, I mean that as a compliment:cool:

This I can get on board with. Why do refs have a curious blind spot for superstars? Not sure. It happens in every sport though, be it basketball (Lebron getting all the calls), baseball (best pitchers getting those borderline strikes), and football. It is what it is.

I just think great corners work the angles better and sloppy ones get called. I'm Not sure how much refs rely on jumbotrons either.

OK...time to toot the Patsfans FANS horn...WE called this AS IT HAPPENED...read the game thread for "Other Teams" last week...WE were the FIRST to go ballistic in REAL TIME ...WHY??????? Because it was BLATANT,GAME LONG and OBVIOUS. That play was HUGE at that point in the game, and easily could be seen as THE Play that determined the outcome of this game.The concerted team wide Jet strategy of pass interference was PLAIN AS DAY.That 2nd year scrub nickle back was mugging,grabbing,pulling, tripping, and pushing Miami receivers with impunity the entire game.Even Cromartie was getting away with murder which is normally not the case.

Good.It blew up in that fat degenerate's face. What kind of moron head coach allows his star player to be set up,ambushed and ultimately humiliated requiring the team to have a press conference to apologize.

Think there may be a point of emphasis involving Revis and Vincent Jackson this weekend??? Bigmouth DeBlubberguts can spin his way through the ground and come out in China but it won't help this time.

The problem isn't necessarily with Darrelle Revis the problem is the application of PI by the officiating crews. If officials are going to let Revis get a favorable call, then they should apply the same reasoning to every corner in the NFL creating an unbiased and level playing field.

I really don't like the Jets but Revis is an amazing talent.

Last edited:
Stop. Most of the posters know me on this board as an objective, neutral Jet fan. I back up my points with stats, and point out flaws when I see them. Thats fine, if you want to quote a lot of the people on JI or TGG, but I would be leery to lump EVERY Jet fan into that category as you did.

And what does enjoy our longgg season AGAIN, mean? The fact that we went further in the playoffs than you guys did last year? Then why yes, I hope its a longggg season as you put it.

Well, seeing you have a whopping 43 posts and everyone here knows you, maybe we should lay out the red carpet for you. You critize one of our fans thread as laughable and want respect? The fact that you beat us last year is Last year. Not this year. Do I have to spell it out for you what a long season is for the SOFJ's? Wanna talk about flaws? Rex is a flaw. Your past coaches were FLAWS. Your org is FLAWED, Your history winning anything has been grossly FLAWED. 99% of your fan base is dementedly FLAWED. I feel bad for Reavis. He should be here :D Oh, did I mention Shotty is ........FLAWED :bricks:

I wished it was a penalty, but even watching it real-time, it looked like Marshall fell into him.

I keep thinking this when I rewatch that video. The entire time I am trying to convince myself otherwise but it does appear like offsetting penalties to me unless maybe you can make the arguement that the falling starts close enough to the 5 yards from scrimmage range or something like that.

I just listened to it and it seemed to me like Revis was way too defensive. He said he didn't care if people thought it was a penalty but then got all worked up about it. Why be such a baby because someone thought it was a penalty?

This, in a nutshell, is the difference between the Jets mentality and the Patriots mentality.

Lots of talent, but no poise, no focus.

How many times have you seen Brady get drawn into a hissy fit debate about the Tuck rule?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Brady gets hit so much more than your average QB that he theoretically would get more calls than the average QB, that does NOT happen, and he is NOT shown ANY preferential treatment....there are plays that are CLEAR penalties on brady that go unnoticed and unmentioned.....and then there are those so so penalites he rarely gets

Brady is a star, but is not treated as one by the refs

same thing with Moss when he was with us, EVERY receiver pushes off to some degree and as some points, Randy was the ONLY receiver I have EVER seen being called on it so consistently

it actually used to piss me off, because refs would look to that to negate a simply Randy score

I believe someone just did an analysis on QB's who draw flags and as a % of dropbacks I believe Brady was near the bottom of the list.

Ditto Moss. He used to get away with it in his heyday, but from the time he got here he was getting called for it even when he didn't...

There is a thread over on Gangreen discussing the fact that teams have been talking to the refs in JETS pregame all season about Revis holding. Sadly it seems to have had the opposite effect on them and they are calling it less than ever. Too bad the JETS don't play the Colts this season because Polian would put a stop to it...

Brady gets hit so much more than your average QB that he theoretically would get more calls than the average QB, that does NOT happen, and he is NOT shown ANY preferential treatment....there are plays that are CLEAR penalties on brady that go unnoticed and unmentioned.....and then there are those so so penalites he rarely gets

Brady is a star, but is not treated as one by the refs

same thing with Moss when he was with us, EVERY receiver pushes off to some degree and as some points, Randy was the ONLY receiver I have EVER seen being called on it so consistently

it actually used to piss me off, because refs would look to that to negate a simply Randy score

This year, Brady isn't getting the star treatment. That is why I said in the past. He definitely got the star treatment in 2009 where he got several RTP penalties where he was barely touched.

Moss pushed off more than most WRs because he was that physical and got away with it all the time.

To say Pats players haven't gotten the same favorable treatment over the year as some of the stars of other teams have gotten is just not realistic. I am not saying the Jets fans are right with their whacked out conspiracy theories where the refs are consistently making calls or non-calls in the Pats favor to help them win, but the Pats players have benefited from favorable calls and non-calls in the past and also been on the wrong end. Revis is the extreme of the star treatment, but he isn't the only one getting it.

Personally, I hate crying about the refs in most cases. It was clear that Revis committed PI on the play, but it wasn't the reason the Jets won. It was because the Dolphins suck. No reason to get too upset about it.

Last edited:
Too bad the JETS don't play the Colts this season because Polian would put a stop to it...

Not this season. Polian is doing his best to suck for Luck. The knumbskull has no idea how bad he is poisoning his locker room.

Well, seeing you have a whopping 43 posts and everyone here knows you, maybe we should lay out the red carpet for you. You critize one of our fans thread as laughable and want respect? The fact that you beat us last year is Last year. Not this year. Do I have to spell it out for you what a long season is for the SOFJ's? Wanna talk about flaws? Rex is a flaw. Your past coaches were FLAWS. Your org is FLAWED, Your history winning anything has been grossly FLAWED. 99% of your fan base is dementedly FLAWED. I feel bad for Reavis. He should be here :D Oh, did I mention Shotty is ........FLAWED :bricks:

Who said I wanted respect? Right we didn't beat you this year, but thats not what you said. You said it was going to be a longgg season for you again, which I astutely pointed out that our season was longer than yours last year, so I'm still unclear what your point was.

Before Belichick, your coaches weren't flawed? Your organization wasn't flawed? Your history wasn't flawed? Give me a break. That Spygate incident happened to the Pats right? Jet fans are flawed, but Pat fans are saints?

The only thing you got right in your entire paragraph of straw mans and generalizations is that Shotty is flawed. :cool:

Who said I wanted respect? Right we didn't beat you this year, but thats not what you said. You said it was going to be a longgg season for you again, which I astutely pointed out that our season was longer than yours last year, so I'm still unclear what your point was.

Before Belichick, your coaches weren't flawed? Your organization wasn't flawed? Your history wasn't flawed? Give me a break. That Spygate incident happened to the Pats right? Jet fans are flawed, but Pat fans are saints?

The only thing you got right in your entire paragraph of straw mans and generalizations is that Shotty is flawed. :cool:

What you can't seem to grasp is the difference between was and still is...SOJ.

I can recall a couple of plays from last winter's playoff game where Revis had huge tufts of Branch's jersey in his grasp and the referees totally ignored it, even though it was blatant pass interference/holding and likely prevented completions or at least the opportunity for Branch to make the connect with Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes