PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Fish at ESPN is at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like objective journalism. Is Matt Walsh his cousin or something. In his report that a deal is near, he basically accuses the NFL of trying to smear Walsh to minimize what he has.

From the ESPN article:

Ever since Walsh's name surfaced, the league has minimized his significance to Spygate while continuing to hit on the theme that the matter already had been thoroughly investigated. As the story has lingered, the league has revealed that Belichick's questionable taping practices date back to when he became the Patriots' head coach in 2000, though a former Cleveland Browns video assistant told ESPN.com that that team also taped defensive signals -- although not from the sideline -- under Belichick when he coached there in the '90s.

The league has made efforts to learn more about Walsh, the potential whistle-blower. Brian Hamilton, golf pro at a club on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, said a former FBI agent paid a visit a week after the Super Bowl to inquire about Walsh, who was an assistant at Eastward Ho Country Club after leaving the Patriots.

Hamilton identified the investigator as **** Farley, who he said talked about being with Patriots owner Bob Kraft as he prepared to go down on the field before the New York Giants' last-minute heroics won the Super Bowl in Phoenix last month.

"He was trying to find out if, in fact, Matt had worked here," Hamilton said. "Which he did. And it was, 'Any issues, any problems, can you tell me about him?' It sounded like they were trying to get some information. I don't know whether they were trying to get some dirt on him. That was the extent of it.

"Of course, Matt was fine. He was a good employee. He worked just in the bag room and outside services. So we didn't have any problems at all with Matt. That was a nonstory here."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3285441

Count me among those who are having a tough time breaking a long time ESPN addiction, but even I didn't want to read about this.

I'm starting to see the merit in not watching/reading ESPN. I hardly ever watch Sportscenter unless there's some big press conference.

Their act really is getting tiresome.

Me too. The only time I turn on ESPN is to watch the Poker tournaments. I've even taken them off of my bookmarks, which is like the last stage in grief, I guess, but it had to be done.

Except for Poker, ESPN is dead to me.

It's amazing that an all sports network is so poor when it comes to actually covering sports. When was the last time they broke a story? They really are irrelevant.

Last edited:
I watch ESPN for the baseball, College Basketball, NBA basketball, and highlights from those types of games that I missed.

The Boston Globe interviewed 30 people for their piece instead of just 1,2 or 3 representing the same viewpoint. ESPN is simply loud entertainment for the high school and college crowd, nothing more.

Everyone Sh*t on Patriot Nation?

BOYCOTT!:rocker:

Of course they will try to discredit him! Anything damaging he has to say will hurt the league as a whole. They will use all their resources to discredit him.

Of course they will try to discredit him! Anything damaging he has to say will hurt the league as a whole. They will use all their resources to discredit him.

they don't have to discredit him, he discredits himself.

The Boston Globe interviewed 30 people for their piece instead of just 1,2 or 3 representing the same viewpoint. ESPN is simply loud entertainment for the high school and college crowd, nothing more.

Precisely! I went to UMA for Sport Management (basically a business degree that specializes in the sporting industry), and 90% of the kids in my major were ESPN anchor clones.

They worship that station. I even had a professor who taught a broadcasting class, who used to be the Executive Director of Business for ESPN (or some similar title. She was the highest ranking female executive in ESPN history at the time). She was great though, had some funny stories I wish I could remember about Al Michaels and John Madden :D

It's soo hysterical how some guy who no one has ever heard have so much cred. for not saying anything other than "i have tapes but uh no i don't....uh well maybe if the NFL pays my legal fees...Oh n/m...J/K...Am I?", more so than the NFL.....Didn't Saban like spy games too while he was in Miami.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know as a Pats fan it hard to be objective, but this Matt Walsh investigations is one of the many reasons not to follow Espn..

Espn is a joke, and when you read the globe story . it may seem pro pats, but it just goes to show what kind of agenda Espn has, the guys has some tapes of video taping signals during the game which we all know happened. But Espn will keep digging deeper for nonsense..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down