PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Dragosavich released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. :(

But, seriously, does Hansen have pictures of Belichick or something? :confused:

Videos. He bought them from from Ken Walter.

Rumored to involve towel snapping with Parcells.

Yes (cue European "so why do they call it FOOT-ball then?" comment). :D

But seriously that's my point. I mean there must be, what, thirty or forty competent punters coming out of college football every year (and a lot more playing rugby or Aussie Rules football). Just pick one, give him the job for the next fifteen years and forget about it. Bound to be an upgrade on Ken Walter. Why has it got to be so hard?

(Oh, and didn't Danny B. unload on the old man after the Pats dumped him?)

Did he, I forgot? Dad must have looked a lot like Belichick and had to get his licks in somewhere. :)

PATSFANS.COM: The Best Fans on Earth

or

PATSFANS.COM: Where a Rookie Free Agent Punter Getting Cut Means 5+ Pages of Comments.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
WHY DRAGO??? WHYYYYYYYY?????

Dang he was perfect, BB really gets scarred of rookie punters dont he? Drago and Ghost would have made the perfect couple. Next draft we better draft a punter this is getting rediculous.

WHY DRAGO??? WHYYYYYYYY?????

Dang he was perfect, BB really gets scarred of rookie punters dont he? Drago and Ghost would have made the perfect couple. Next draft we better draft a punter this is getting rediculous.

There goes our Super Bowl dreams. ;)

There goes our Super Bowl dreams. ;)

:D

funny we are so good we are arguing over punters! Nice to have that problem i guess.

I still think unless he is catches on with anotehr team, he may be back. Yes, practice squads are not formed until the day AFTER teh final cuts are made, but they REALLY have no time to develop a punter at this time..and I believe they wish not to have 3 punters into camp..Maybe OTHER teams can afford that luxury..but I doubt it. Thus, he MAY be able to be back in teh fall, when he CAN develop. Makes sense to me.

Yeah, I know. :(

But, seriously, does Hansen have pictures of Belichick or something? :confused:

How did I miss this post, and...

Why hasn't anyone made a "To Catch a Predator" joke yet?

I don't think the current CBA allows that; in any case, they can't form a practice squad until after the last cutdowns.

You negotiate a higher than expected contract for the guy. Now the suitor team must out bid you as well as make him the starter. It can be done, but it only takes one idiot GM to say $7 million a year for a practice squad punter? OK. For a developing QB prospect drafted in the 3rd round someone might say that (or something like that) but I think a UFA punter might be safe.:)

I started a thread about this last year ... punting is on it's way out
in the NFL for the better teams. Give it a few more years and the league may do away with it. Too many injuries all for the sake of 40 yards difference in field position. The game would be so much greater without punting ... way - way better.

What do they replace it with, an automatic 40 yard change? That would get rid of TD returns and acrobatic downing the ball before it goes in the endzone. Who in their right mind would eliminate that?

Very surprised!

I thought this kid was the best punter in a weak draft. And then he can't win the job from Hanson and Player?

Then it hit me, the Pats don't want/need a rookie punter and that is why they didn't draft one.

Why didn't they want/need one?

1. If they are even remotely close to last season's offensive production, punter isn't very important. The Pats punted less than 3 times in twelve games. I can't see Hanson costing the team too much more than Mike Drago and he has experience.

2. The Pats are a playoff caliber/Super Bowl caliber team and can't rely on a rookie punter. Hanson did well last year and never cost the team a win. A rookie punter is a liability and they need roster spots for other players, not on more than one punter.

3. Hanson wasn't bad last year. And I'm not refering to his Pro Bowl vote tally. He averaged more than 41 yards per punt and got the ball inside the 20 yard line 30% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back