PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Carey was "Going to blow the whistle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he had the chance to make the play. Games should be decided by players not refs.

He should have thrown the friggin flag. AD, Green and Seymour were all blatantly held on that play.

O'Hara has Seymour by the facemask in this pic. Right after this he jerked his head and thats when Seymour lost his grasp.

This play wasn't a miracle, it was a friggin travesty.

facemask.jpg

You beat me to it. I was just going to post the pic with the fallowing caption "Notice something funny here?"

The holding on that play was pretty blatent. Oh well, you can't win em all, huh?

He should have thrown the friggin flag. AD, Green and Seymour were all blatantly held on that play.

O'Hara has Seymour by the facemask in this pic. Right after this he jerked his head and thats when Seymour lost his grasp.

facemask.jpg

Looks like his hand is grabbing Seymour's collar.

You beat me to it. I was just going to post the pic with the fallowing caption "Notice something funny here?"

The holding on that play was pretty blatent. Oh well, you can't win em all, huh?

I watched the replay of this, O'Hara had Seymour in a choke hold, then had him by the facemask, which is what we see here. Right after this O'Hara pushes Seymour away by his facemask. AD and Green were also held, AD twice in face.

2 refs staring into this play and neither of them saw this?

i think the refs called a pretty good game.....for the giants!! haha..but it still pisses me off how we had a few interceptions thrown right to us & we dropped them on the last eli drive..but seriously how can that ref miss those holds if they were right in front of his eyes..i guess since it was the superbowl he just let they play go forward..its crazy how one hold call could of most likely won us the game.i just hope we learned from our mistakes & come out stronger nexy season..GO PATS!

facemask.jpg

Zackly, while Carry was d!cking with his whistle trying to figure out if he was in the grasp, he missed several OBVIOUS penalties. I generally like him, but the crew flubbed that play BADLY.

You guys are looking at this super super slow mo,,

I'll bet this the unwritten rule of the NFL, last 2 minutes, there has to bleeding, or a torn limb involved to call a penalty.

If Carey threw the flag he would have been lynched by the NY Media.

He would be the Ben Dreith of the Giants haunting fans for decades,

Besides it took the catch of the decade to beat the Pats,,

You guys are looking at this super super slow mo,,

I'll bet this the unwritten rule of the NFL, last 2 minutes, there has to bleeding, or a torn limb involved to call a penalty.

If Carey threw the flag he would have been lynched by the NY Media.

He would be the Ben Dreith of the Giants haunting fans for decades,

Besides it took the catch of the decade to beat the Pats,,

Actually that's not always true! In SB 38 Troy Brown was called for Offensive PI which overturned a gain that put us in field goal range and came really close to stalling the drive at the end of the game!

Zackly, while Carry was d!cking with his whistle trying to figure out if he was in the grasp, he missed several OBVIOUS penalties. I generally like him, but the crew flubbed that play BADLY.

The ref doesn't call holding. Not his call. Has nothing to do with Carey.

In real time the sack wasn't as guaranteed as some may think. The guys who had a hand on him weren't in a good position to collapse on him. Most were still being pushed around by the o-line.

Green was being "pulled", not pushed, by the guy behind him.

Hmm, isn't that holding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey