PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the remarks, the consensus seems to be Brown would be OKk on a show-me deal, and be prepared for him to get hurt, again.

Have y'all forgotten the Belichick Modus Operandi ?

When he has a position open, he does two or three things, simultaneously. He signs a vet ex-starter FA prior to the draft for low numbers; he drafts a replacement player and then sometimes he tries to see if his own guy matures and rises ot the competition. Were he to sign Brown; then draft a third round safety; and re-sign Sanders; Belichick would be following his well known script, for filling an opening.

I am interested in some examples of when the Patriots signed one of their own players (Sanders), signed a veteran FA (Brown) and drafted a player at that position.

Last edited:
He wasn't released. He's a free agent anyways. Anyone signing him will have to wait until the start of free agency at the end of the month.

Last edited:
i am really tired of signing abunch of guys that either suck or are injured or are old and see if they can rejuvinate their careers with us. We need to get younger and more athletic. Browns career is done. he was a good player, but he is done imo. We need to bring in quality not quanity.

I almost forgot this guy was still playing. This guy defines the phrase "injury bug".

I presume that you are still in grade school, so that anyone over 30 is "old". It would be very difficult for our secondary to be more young and inexperienced than they are. Believe it or not, having players who are young and athletic is not a particular recipe for success. Having Hobbs as the most experienced player on the secondary is a recipe for disaster.

Thankfully, Belichick doesn't think like you do, and will bring in veterans, rather than try for more youth and inexperience. Belichick has had the best record in the NFL precisely because he has brought in "old" veterans, not the young athletic players. We have won because we have brought in guys like Otis Smith, Antowain Smith, Dillon, Vrabel, Harrison, Moss and the rest.

i am really tired of signing abunch of guys that either suck or are injured or are old and see if they can rejuvinate their careers with us. We need to get younger and more athletic. Browns career is done. he was a good player, but he is done imo. We need to bring in quality not quanity.

Not true but if Bob Sanders were available you wouldn't want him here because he's played in a Tampa-2 style scheme?
No. He only plays in Patriot games and then sits with injuries until the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes