PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Anderson signs with Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
per baltimore sun. unofficial

I wonder if Jamal Lewis will go to Indy. I actually wouldn't mind signing him for ourselves, split him and Dillon in 2006 then dump Dillon after this year. Lewis has 1,500 career carries to Dillon's 2,500.

The Ravens are a team that may have taken Lendale White in the draft. They like big backs, too.

I'm with you Pats Steve

I have no clue what is wrong with this "Belichick fan" guy...Jamal "Convicted Drug Dealer" Lewis?????....Myra Kraft would stroke out

Joker said:
I have no clue what is wrong with this "Belichick fan" guy...Jamal "Convicted Drug Dealer" Lewis?????....Myra Kraft would stroke out
Lewis' transgression was a LONG time ago. Belichick has given second chances to players - see Corey Dillon who's had some violent issues in his past.

Wow. Is it nuts to think we're getting closer and closer to having our pick of non-Bush running backs at #21?

No it's not at all...and who says we have to stay at 21?...if he's there at 15 or 18 who's to say we don't make a move and snag him?

Belichick Fan, I will bet you and GIVE you ridiculous odds, like 10-1 that the Pats DO NOT sign Jamal Lewis...the loser donates to the Jimmy Fund...whaddya say...put up 10 bucks of your hard earned MickeyD wages or what?

Joker said:
Belichick Fan, I will bet you and GIVE you ridiculous odds, like 10-1 that the Pats DO NOT sign Jamal Lewis...the loser donates to the Jimmy Fund...whaddya say...put up 10 bucks of your hard earned MickeyD wages or what?
Nah, I don't think they will. But I don't think it's impossible either.

Mike Anderson. Hm. Interesting. Just the level of/type of player that doesn't quite rule out Baltimore going RB (LenDale) in round one. They also drafted Musa Smith a couple years back. Wonder if any of this means anything. I'd like to see the numbers on the deal.

DAMN. I was really hoping that the Pats would make a run at Anderson.

another thing this means is that addai has a better chance of falling to us in round two

think of the domino effect
if arizona and baltimore dont draft rbs in the first
minny might not (cuz of chester taylor)
if we dont, indy prob would, maybe pitt
but that means that maroney could last till second rd
which means that a team in the second rd that woulda picked addai will now pick maroney

this is gonna get very interesting

patsox23 said:
Mike Anderson. Hm. Interesting. Just the level of/type of player that doesn't quite rule out Baltimore going RB (LenDale) in round one.
It doesn't rule them out but I would say they'll probably pass on a RB now.

I would say Baltimore is still inline to draft a running back. I don't think they want to go into next year with Mike Anderson as their number 1 back. As far as Jamal Lewis goes I wouldn't mind having him if he can ever get back to his oldself. He did have the drug problems, but that was at UT. I don't think he and Corey Dillon could coexist though, so I doubt it would happen. As far as the RB in the draft goes, I wouldn't be dissapointed with White, Williams, or Maroney in round 1. I am even getting on the Addai bandwagon finally, but not as a 1st rounder. Still wish there was a way we could land Reggie, but that isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back