PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike And Mike And Kiper Say " Bush Is Setting The NFL On Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
edgecy said:
Bush is Bush. He's doing great things for the Saints. His mere presence on the field makes defenses adjust to him and so while he may not get the best numbers, he is allowing his teammate to see one on one matchup. When you talk about one rookie this year, you can't find anybody that can single-handedly change the way a defense adjust like Reggie Bush is doing. Defenses see Maroney, they are not going to gear towards him, or any other rookie. Reggie Bush is versatile in that not only is he a good RB and a WR, he's also a damn good decoy.

The Saints is off to a 4-1 start, their best start since franchise inception. That alone should tell you something about what a unique player he is.

I think if Bush is to be used in our offense he would definitely be better than Maroney. Just an honest opinion.

Maybe BREES has an effect on thier record also? The Saints had Arron Brooks before...yeah the guy who completed about 20% of his passes this year. So giving Bush all the credit for the Saints record is exactly what people are "complaining" about. He is not the second coming and so far has NOT done anything to justify the hype...is he good, yes, but at #2 you are suppossed to be. So far I also haven't seen where he has "proved" that he is a good NFL running back. 3.1 ypc is not "good", yeah he has to get more carries to see, I am not saying he is even remotely a bust. He will probably be a pro bowler, but he is NOT "setting the league on fire" yet and that is all anyone is complaining about...no one is hating him they are just pointing out the stupidity of the media machine....how long have we heard what a "superstar" Vick is...yeah him ..the guy who is "going to grasp the QB postion this year" and watch out....ok, "this year he will grasp it"...ok maybe this year??????

pats-blue said:
Maybe BREES has an effect on thier record also? The Saints had Arron Brooks before...yeah the guy who completed about 20% of his passes this year. So giving Bush all the credit for the Saints record is exactly what people are "complaining" about. He is not the second coming and so far has NOT done anything to justify the hype...is he good, yes, but at #2 you are suppossed to be. So far I also haven't seen where he has "proved" that he is a good NFL running back. 3.1 ypc is not "good", yeah he has to get more carries to see, I am not saying he is even remotely a bust. He will probably be a pro bowler, but he is NOT "setting the league on fire" yet and that is all anyone is complaining about...no one is hating him they are just pointing out the stupidity of the media machine....how long have we heard what a "superstar" Vick is...yeah him ..the guy who is "going to grasp the QB postion this year" and watch out....ok, "this year he will grasp it"...ok maybe this year??????

Touche.

I think with Brees defenses know what they can expect, but with Bush he's still like an x-factor in a lot of cases. Here's a guy that's lining up all over the field. A few times during last week's game when Deuce went for huge yardage were because of Bush's presence. While I also do not agree that he is setting the NFL on fire, I feel that some of the criticisms on him are unjustified. Afterall, Bush didn't ask for the publicity. He has done a ton for the city of New Orleans and I wish there are 10 Reggie Bush's instead of one.

Well, after today's performance, I have come to the realization that I may have been just a little to hard on Bush (pun intended). Deuce goes out of the game and the Saints are forced to lean on Bush a little more. He steps up and hammers his way to 25 yards rushing on a mere 11 carries. Not to mention the 35 he put up receiving. So this is my official apology to Bush. You da' man Bush...you da man!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back