PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mad Dog blasted Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of you heard their Monday session where they blasted Belichick for his post-game conference.

Russo used the word "disgrace" repeatedly.

Mike said Belichick should be the last guy to complain about officiating after the Tuck Rule game. He said that Tuck ruling helped him win the SB and established his dynasty. He said that 80% of the coaches would agree that Brady fumbled. Mike and Mad Dog said if anyone benefitted from officiating all these years, it was the Patriots.

They went on to praise Dungy for his post-game conference.

Mike was also very profuse in praising Brady for the way he handled his post-game conference. He repeatedly called Brady a true leader and how fortunate the Patriots is to have him.

Last edited:
There are members of the media who dislike BB? Shocking.

Box_O_Rocks said:

I can't stand Russo with his lil'l whiny voice.

He kept using the word "disgrace" which just made me boiled all over.

mikey said:
I can't stand Russo with his lil'l whiny voice.

He kept using the word "disgrace" which just made me boiled all over.

Speaking of boiled, you never did tell me if you wore red leather pants and were hit on by alternative lifestyles gentlebeings while on liberty in Portland, City of Roses....sorry, the lobster imagery reminded me of my earlier question. :p

mikey and the puppy

Box_O_Rocks said:
last time i heard, those two were the mouthpiece for parcells.
with the tuck rule, i believe we do not have the right to compain about a referee's call. or two.
IMHO the dvd shows the ref on the sideline was correct (no call at all), and the fact that he wes overruled by another ref 15 yards away is really significant. a crew shouldn't work like that.
IMHO with the tuck rule, we should have two more of those happen IN A CRUCIAL GAME before we have the cosmic right to complain. about anything.
i'll take what we got and be happy.

Russo would be doing lawn maintenance if he didn't have Francesa. I wouldn't listen to anything he says (except for his hatred of the Yankees).

I missed the part where those guys were important to who?

I must say that if I was a member of the media covering football, then I would not be a big fan of Bill Belicheck either. I wonder why they continue to show up at his press conferences. Don't they know he is going to give them nothing?

not good for sound bytes

brdmaverick said:
I must say that if I was a member of the media covering football, then I would not be a big fan of Bill Belicheck either. I wonder why they continue to show up at his press conferences. Don't they know he is going to give them nothing?
i would thiink that kraft, with his emphasis on first-rate everything, makes things comfortable for the thundering herd that follows our squad.
but BB probably isn't good for 10 sound bytes a year.
they gotta show up at his press conferences JUST IN CASE...
and besides, there are worrse jobs.

BradyisGod said:
Russo would be doing lawn maintenance if he didn't have Francesa. I wouldn't listen to anything he says (except for his hatred of the Yankees).
russo should get down on his knees, every morning, and thank the great spirit above that he was born in america. i can't think of another country where he wouldn't be shoveling $h!t in some mine or toxic waste dump.

As long as you are loud, dumb, and know a smidgen about sports, even with a speech impedament, you can become a member of the media (radio or TV). He's mad dog because none can understand what the hell he is saying.

Bb

The "tuck" rule was a rule, albeit a bad RULE. The pass interference call was a bad CALL. Good rule, bad call.

It was nice to see Bill get ticked off. He cannot close his mouth with officials and remember the tuck play everytime he feels like arguing or mentioning his opinion. The tuck was 4 years ago.

This team made 5 turnovers, looked awful..... but with a break here or there they could easily have won. Watch out next year with Bill, Tom, Tedy, Corey, etc. ticked off. WOW

Good draft, figure out a way to bring in Julius Peterson, sign Law back, extend Seymour..... look out.

Just because the Patriots got a favorable ruling in the tuck incident does not mean that BB should shut up about questionable calls. That idea is plain ridiculous!

We all know, or should know by now that radio guys are looking for controversy. Controversy and arguments drive ratings! Nothing that BB said was "disgraceful" in any way.

ilduce06410 said:
russo should get down on his knees, every morning, and thank the great spirit above that he was born in america. i can't think of another country where he wouldn't be shoveling $h!t in some mine or toxic waste dump.

Don't have to do drive time anymore, so i don't do sports radio ... and therefore have no idea who these two guys are.

But as i was reading the above, i realized i should slow down ... to savor every syllable. That is one caustic jibe! I'm still laughing.

NEM said:
Bull s Hit.... BB rarely, if ever, says anything about the officiating. The tuck rule, as bad as it seemed, was called correctly, BY THE BOOK.

Those calls, and non calls, against the Broncos were amongst the worst I have ever seen, and I would say so no matter which team got screwed.

ANd for Bb to say anything at all, he must agree.

That IS remarkable, isn't it?
That BB said anything about the officiating at all.

Bill's Girl said:
Just because the Patriots got a favorable ruling in the tuck incident does not mean that BB should shut up about questionable calls. That idea is plain ridiculous!

We all know, or should know by now that radio guys are looking for controversy. Controversy and arguments drive ratings! Nothing that BB said was "disgraceful" in any way.

I never take Patriots fans who complain about officiating seriously. The Pats have been getting all of the calls since around 2000 maybe even sooner. I can think of plenty of calls right off the top of my head that went in NE's favor and were just plain awful. Now it happens to the Pats and WAHH, WAHH, WAHH. Get over it. I think every great team needs some things to happen that are beyond their control. It's part of football. The Patriots are no different and if I were a ref in that game, Id have thrown the flag on the Samuel play also. This dynasty started on a bad call (Tuck rule, it was the right call because it was added to the rule book in the offseason. Even Gino and Gil were saying it was a great run but now it's over while that play was under review. Many people don't know that becuase they were watching the game and not stuck in their cars like me), it's only fitting that it ends on one.

Last edited:
Mr Reality said:
I never take Patriots fans who complain about officiating seriously. The Pats have been getting all of the calls since around 2000 maybe even sooner. I can think of plenty of calls right off the top of my head that went in NE's favor and were just plain awful. Now it happens to the Pats and WAHH, WAHH, WAHH. Get over it. I think every great team needs some things to happen that are beyond their control. It's part of football. The Patriots are no different and if I were a ref in that game, Id have thrown the flag on the Samuel play also. This dynasty started on a bad call (Tuck rule, it was the right call because it was added to the rule book in the offseason. Even Gino and Gil were saying it was a great run but now it's over while that play was under review. Many people don't know that becuase they were watching the game and not stuck in their cars like me), it's only fitting that it ends on one.

Get lost troll.

Last edited:
brdmaverick said:

All it takes to cover Belichick and the Patriots is a little imagination. here you have a remarkable team playing with some passion. If you stop looking for the scandals and start looking for the stories, Belichick is a blessing. The problem is, so few media commentators and reporters have an imagination. Jackie McMullan is someone who actually has one, and she puts it to good use. Bob Ryan has one too, but he's lazy about it and refuses to actually employ it. Bob keeps saying we're lucky to be fans of this team, and he's right, but he never really explains what he means by that. Some of these writers would rather have controversy than provide some edifying analysis. as for Francesa and Mad Dog, these guys are as bad as the Boston area commentators who didn't know the Patriots safeties names last week. They really are not very knowledgable.

mikey said:
I'm not sure if any of you heard their Monday session where they blasted Belichick for his post-game conference.

Russo used the word "disgrace" repeatedly.

Mike said Belichick should be the last guy to complain about officiating after the Tuck Rule game. He said that Tuck ruling helped him win the SB and established his dynasty. He said that 80% of the coaches would agree that Brady fumbled. Mike and Mad Dog said if anyone benefitted from officiating all these years, it was the Patriots.

They went on to praise Dungy for his post-game conference.

Mike was also very profuse in praising Brady for the way he handled his post-game conference. He repeatedly called Brady a true leader and how fortunate the Patriots is to have him.

Francessa is co owner of some race horses with Parcells, and is Parcells buddy, he hates Bill, That why the cheap shot at BB with the Tuch rule nonsense.

He never takes a shot at Pracells when HE is surly after a game.

This is just radio crap.

Mr Reality said:

Once again just for you troll the call was wrong in the first place. It should of never came to instant replay, the correct call should of been roughing the passer blow to the helmet 15 yard penalty, end of story! Go get lost to the Gus Ferotte fan club, or go sit in one of the empty seats at dolphins stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes