PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miguel - Is Eric Alexander a UFA or URFA after 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't accumulate service time while on the practice squad, so I believe he will be an Exclusive Rights FA. That means they can retain his rights with a minimum-level tender offer, and no other team can bid on him.

Eric Alexander has 1 accrued season under his belt (2004).

He has already picked up another accured season this year (2006).

Therefore, after 2006, he'll be an exclusive rights free agent (<3 accrued) as his contract expires.

He did not receive an accrued season in 2005, as he was promoted from the practice squad 10/8 but then demoted 10/12.

Last edited:
NE39 said:
He didn't accumulate service time while on the practice squad, so I believe he will be an Exclusive Rights FA. That means they can retain his rights with a minimum-level tender offer, and no other team can bid on him.

Thanks NE39, you got to love the NFL... I am glad Upshaw doesn't do my taxes, I would end up like Wesley Snipes....

NE39 is correct.
Alexander will have 1 accrued season after this year.

pats1 said:
Eric Alexander has 1 accrued season under his belt (2004).

I am not so sure about this. He was not on the 53-man roster or IR for 6 regular season games in 2004.

Miguel said:
I am not so sure about this. He was not on the 53-man roster or IR for 6 regular season games in 2004.

Although it doesn't really matter (0 or 1 accrued still means Ex. Rights), it is indeed unclear.

NFL.com must list accredited seasons, as it has him in his 2nd year (implying 1 prior season of experience).

He was promoted December 20th, 2004, and then was on the 53 for the final 3 games of the regular season - that would amount an accredited season, so that's where NFL.com is probably getting it's numbers. His 2nd year salary agrees.

But you are correct from there. Alexander was placed on the I.R. before the Colts playoff game, and so he was on it for the 3 playoff games.

Since the stipulation is regular season games, 0 accrued seasons (2006 being his first) looks to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots