PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mighty Suspicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
polian is on the rules com..what do you want him to say? he was busy digging the pats grave.

That's how the Colts were able to get away with being above the salary cap last year. I wonder how much Polian had to do with Goodall getting the Commissioner's job.

Polian is everybit if not more the egomaniacal, would do anything to win leader that BB is.

Because football fans hate their rivals, colts fans hate BB and Brady, pats fans hate polian, manning and dungy. These points counter points prove nothing. But I have no doubt Polian was behind this being pressed, otherwise you'd be hearing his big mouth with cries of outrage.

as for the article link, it clearly states everyone steals signs and uses them to cheat. the fact the pats did it using video breaks a technical rule, but it doesn't make them these big 'cheaters' that are victimizing others and gaining an 'unfair advantage', it's just a different method of doing what everyone is also doing, so their wrong for using video, but not cheating any more than all the rest. If shannahan uses binoculors and has the signs decoded 'sometimes in the first quarter' then, uses that knowledge to beat the other team, he's cheating and gaining an unfair advantage - he's just 'technically following the rules'. I think an earlir poster was correct when he said BB was warned and still did it - so arrogance did him in. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was just keeping up with polian in his practice.

the fall out of all this is that BB and polian will still be plotting day and night against each other in a maniaical way to gain any slight edge they can, and they will continue to live and die with each battle against each other.

I'll tell you this, you haven't heard any crying and excuses from the pats like you do when the fairy colts don't get their way. The colts scored 40 something points and blewout the saints last week and are now complaining to the league thast the saints where holding them. fairies. and they try to pressure the commish all the time until they eventually get rule changes in their favor in place. they can't just shutup and play football.

I bet there is all kinds of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't even hear about regarding teams trying to screover their opponents or gain some sneaky advantage.

Wow.....this other teams are doing it thing isn't over anytime soon. I only caught the tail end.....but Chris Mortenson was just commenting on other teams in fact are also doing it.....just ask "Tony Dundy".:eek:

Sounds like some other teams could be getting pinched as well

Of course they do it....and I don't care.

Because if everyone is doing it, the playing field is levelled. If one team doesn't do it as well as another, well, that's their problem. The Colts are a great offensive team, stolen signals or not.

It wasn't just Polian. I know you REALLY want to believe that it was all him but, believe it or not, other teams complained as well.

Besides, it had to end somewhere.

Dude, I'm just saying.......... Careful what you wish for?

Once the league comes to the conclusion that the COLTS no longer deserve one of the elite teams anymore due to "league parity"........... The shoe will bo on the other foot.

League parity encourages mediocrity.......... Once you get too good, for toy long, you will get "Patrioted" too. And from one fan to another, it's not fun. Do I don't think we won't give it the old college try and still try to win one or two more, but lets face it, the NFL will do everything in their power to return us back to the pack.

If I had to guess, after the Patriots, The Colts will be the next team to fall from grace. :mad:

Wow.....this other teams are doing it thing isn't over anytime soon. I only caught the tail end.....but Chris Mortenson was just commenting on other teams in fact are also doing it.....just ask "Tony Dundy".:eek:

Sounds like some other teams could be getting pinched as well

This is what I have been saying all week...to think that we were the only team doing this is rediculous

This is what I have been saying all week...to think that we were the only team doing this is rediculous

I'm surprised the quote form Chris Mortenson isn't getting more legs. Did anyone else see it on ESPN?

Apparently the Colts have also have been known to video tape as well.

I'm surprised the quote form Chris Mortenson isn't getting more legs. Did anyone else see it on ESPN?

Apparently the Colts have also have been known to video tape as well.

First, no one has ever said anything about the Colts video taping. Second, I don't think the Dungy comment means what you think. This is a quote from Dungy when the questions about the Pats first came out, "I'm going to reserve my comments until that happens," Dungy said. "If it does, then I'll have some really good comments. Come back and get me. They will be good ones." I'm guessing this is what Mort was refering to.

Last edited:
Randy Cross on Sirius this morning was owning a Indy fan on the radio about this. The caller basically said, "The Colts SB win was legit, my team doesn't cheat".

Cross said, "You dont want to go there, trust me".

It wasn't just Polian. I know you REALLY want to believe that it was all him but, believe it or not, other teams complained as well.

Besides, it had to end somewhere.

This will be a witchhunt. Dont be surprised if it finds its way to Indy eventually. If they get busted, I will feel the same way as I do today, that it is stupid and is a joke that anyone is making a big deal of it.

Randy Cross on Sirius this morning was owning a Indy fan on the radio about this. The caller basically said, "The Colts SB win was legit, my team doesn't cheat".

Cross said, "You dont want to go there, trust me".

I think his comment is more of an indictment against the league, saying that ever team cheats. He would know. San Fran invent cap cheating.

This will be a witchhunt. Dont be surprised if it finds its way to Indy eventually. If they get busted, I will feel the same way as I do today, that it is stupid and is a joke that anyone is making a big deal of it.

I'm not sure if this will turn into a witchhunt or if the league will say we made are point and this needs to stop and we are moving on. I do agree that this is a pretty much a joke. I said it before, if this had happened before all the player issues forced the iron fist from the commish, then not much would have been made of this. This is a matter of poor timing for the Pats.

I think his comment is more of an indictment against the league, saying that ever team cheats. He would know. San Fran invent cap cheating.

I'm not sure if this will turn into a witchhunt or if the league will say we made are point and this needs to stop and we are moving on. I do agree that this is a pretty much a joke. I said it before, if this had happened before all the player issues forced the iron fist from the commish, then not much would have been made of this. This is a matter of poor timing for the Pats.

No, he was talking about Indianapolis and specifically Dungy. To be honest, I wouldnt' blame the Colts one bit if they did it because its such a stupid thing to be punished for. In the end, Mangini will be the one who will lose here for this.

Oh, I'm not one those people who think my team does no wrong, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they ever used VIDEOTAPE to do it. And, in that way, they're no different than any other team.

I actually feel bad for pats fans everywhere because of this. WAY to many people are piling on this wagon and its stupid. And it was started by a less than mediocre team(jets) who are sore losers, a team who knows they can't TOUCH the pats on the field. So they look for other ways to bring them down. As a Colt's fan, my biggest fear is that all of this will make the pats unbeatable this season.

But, at the end of the day, there's only one person to blame for all of this-not Polian, not Dungy, not Goodell, no one else but Bill Belichick is responsible for all of this. If he hadn't flaunted the rules so blatantly in the face of the new commish, none of this would have happened.

And thats the bottom line.

You Colts fans do make good points.

I'm glad you are at least contributing to the conversation in a constructive way. :)

You Colts fans do make good points.

I'm glad you are at least contributing to the conversation in a constructive way. :)

See we aren't all bad. :D

Now follow me to the dark side. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back