PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mighty Suspicious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he says something you would say he should shut the hell up. He's quiet so he's behind it?

The Colts have been mentioned as sign stealers, but never video tapers.

one is technically against the rules.
both allow you to cheat to the same exact level.
neither is significantly different than the other as far as cheating goes.
it's a technicality being trupeted by pats/bb haters

I'm pretty sure I read it reported somewhere that the Colts were one of the other teams that were taping other teams. Schefter said it, maybe. I can't remember, actually I think it might have been Peter King. That's why I think Polian's staying quiet.

Tell you what. Clayton was on with Felger and Borges today. He told them that he had been told of 2 teams who were videotaping signs for use in game. When felger said he still didn't understand how the information could be used in game, the little professor told him that one team was burning the film to cd which was delivered to a pair of coaches at the half to match up with the polaroids of the formations pre snap. He said that the tell on which teams were doing it were dramatic halftime adjustments.

Sound familiar? The minute he said it, I knew who one of those teams was. First half HOF QB and his pro bowl weapons appear totally out of synch. Second half, defense stiffens, QB and weapons suddenly are immediately in a zone that renders them virtually unstoppable. They almost score at will. OC who has never been tapped as a HC gets weekly kudos for brilliant halftime adjustments. While his QB who calls his own plays at the line, whose radio isn't tied up with OC play call chatter for the first 20 seconds before the snap, the one who uniquely goes to the line early eschewing the huddle in favor of perusing the defense. The one who had "protection problems" early in the 2006 AFCC, but was closing fast late. The one who used to be totally befuddled by BB's defense until he mysteriously figured it all out in 2005...

Coincidence - I think not.

Clayton also said he spoke to two of the committee members who were summoned in to discuss penalty with Goodell. One recommended against suspension feeling it was too harsh. ;) The other, whose identity I can also guess, was adamant that because the harsh player conduct penalties the commissioner was leveling were impacting black athletes disproportionately, he needed to come down harder with a lengthy suspension on this HC. It didn't surprise me that he would play that card, since in spite of Goodell's best efforts he is still unable to discipline or control his own athletes, and they play sloppy and undisciplined football as a result even as he fumes on the sidelines, crutches and all.

Everyone in this league has an agenda or an axe to grind.

Last edited:
and that colts game is a possible reason as to what this BB cameraman is likely all about. but of course the colts, polian and dungy are above reproach.

Tell you what. Clayton was on with Felger and Borges today. He told them that he had been told of 2 teams who were videotaping signs for use in game. When felger said he still didn't understand how the information could be used in game, the little professor told him that one team was burning the film to cd which was delivered to a pair of coaches at the half to match up with the polaroids of the formations pre snap. He said that the tell on which teams were doing it were dramatic halftime adjustments.

Sound familiar? The minute he said it, I knew who one of those teams was. First half HOF QB and his pro bowl weapons appear totally out of synch. Second half, defense stiffens, QB and weapons suddenly are immediately in a zone that renders them virtually unstoppable. They almost score at will. OC who has never been tapped as a HC gets weekly kudos for brilliant halftime adjustments. While his QB who calls his own plays at the line, whose radio isn't tied up with OC play call chatter for the first 20 seconds before the snap, the one who uniquely goes to the line early eschewing the huddle in favor of perusing the defense. The one who had "protection problems" early in the 2006 AFCC, but was closing fast late. The one who used to be totally befuddled by BB's defense until he mysteriously figured it all out in 2005...

Clayton also said he spoke to two of the committee members who were summoned in to discuss penalty with Goodell. One recommended against suspension feeling it was too harsh. ;) The other, whose identity I can also guess, was adamant that because the harsh player conduct penalties the commissioner was leveling were impacting black athletes disproportionately, he needed to come down harder with a lengthy suspension on this HC. It didn't surprise me that he would play that card, since in spite of Goodell's best efforts he is still unable to discipline or control his own athletes, and they play sloppy and undisciplined football as a result even as he fumes on the sidelines, crutches and all.

Step back a second. If the Colts did it too, why would Polian want a harsh penalty? That doesn't make sense if they could face the same fate.

I thought it was the heat in the dome that caused the Colts to win, now it's they were better at stealing signs than the Pats? And you guys *****ed about the Colts fans whining after the 2005 game.

and that colts game is a possible reason as to what this BB cameraman is likely all about. but of course the colts, polian and dungy are above reproach.

What do you mean?

Polian is up to something because he's quiet? I guess if he was speaking about it he'd be up to something too, right?

This issue has nothing to do with the Colts.

Wait, I thought is was the FLU. Listen dumbass, Manning started kicking your ass six ways to Sunday BEFORE the HALF. Then, they started with the ball the second half. Those two drives, combined with a few miscues from the Pats, and the comeback was on. Now, go try and polish thst tarnished hardware.

If he says something you would say he should shut the hell up. He's quiet so he's behind it?

The Colts have been mentioned as sign stealers, but never video tapers.

You make a great point about sign stealing. I wish the nation of idiots thinking that the Patriots are the only ones that do it(not even the onkly ones using video) would get it through their ignorant skulls. Now that the hysteria is starting to die down a bit, maybe some true perspective of the league wide use of sign stealing will emerge. Some people can only see one way though. They are blinded with excuses and hate...............PS.........Can you imagine the drubbing the jets are going to take when they visit Gillette?

Lol, good one Mo. I thought the pats lost because of 1.The San diego game, 2. Jet lag, 3. the flu, and 4. injuries. What gives? Pick a reason already.:rolleyes:

Besides, it's been reported that Polian had ALL camera's removed from the sidelines during the AFCCG, except for tv camera's.

Its amazing how paranoid you people are when it comes to Bill Polian. It really is.:bricks:

You make a great point about sign stealing. I wish the nation of idiots thinking that the Patriots are the only ones that do it(not even the onkly ones using video) would get it through their ignorant skulls. Now that the hysteria is starting to die down a bit, maybe some true perspective of the league wide use of sign stealing will emerge. Some people can only see one way though. They are blinded with excuses and hate...............PS.........Can you imagine the drubbing the jets are going to take when they visit Gillette?

I don't think it's the sign stealing itself that got BB and Co. in so much trouble. It's the fact that they were SPECIFICALLY warned to STOP doing it and they blatantly ignored that warning. In the VERY FIRST GAME after the league warned them about it.

IMO, Bill's arrogance is what led to all of this.

Hilarious thread. Just good to know that no matter what, the Colts are still in Patriots Nation's head.

I'm pretty sure I read it reported somewhere that the Colts were one of the other teams that were taping other teams. Schefter said it, maybe. I can't remember, actually I think it might have been Peter King. That's why I think Polian's staying quiet.

Dude, you wish.

Don't be such a p_ssy, you're not on camera or important enough for anyone to care. Say what you mean, pal. Just know you couldn't be more wrong.

Lol, good one Mo. I thought the pats lost because of 1.The San diego game, 2. Jet lag, 3. the flu, and 4. injuries. What gives? Pick a reason already.:rolleyes:

Besides, it's been reported that Polian had ALL camera's removed from the sidelines during the AFCCG, except for tv camera's.

Its amazing how paranoid you people are when it comes to Bill Polian. It really is.:bricks:

I wonder, you think Polian had the cameras removed because he suspected the patriots of cheating? It sure makes sense now, doesn't it?

Ok, so here is a story that:

1. asserts that probably no other teams besides new england uses video to steal signals
2. asserts that stealing signals through other means is commonplace
3. asserts that use of video to steal signs is completely unnecessary...
"Sources say there is only so much that can be gained by stealing signals. Generally, coaches want to know only two things about the defense: (1) When a blitz is coming; and (2) What kind of coverage the defense is going to play. That type of information can be gleaned easily from other forms -- legal forms -- of spying."

Yet never takes that information to the next logical step and poses the question, "Hey, given 1, 2, and 3, is it possible New England was using the tape for something, you know, other than stealing signals?"

The coverage of this is beyond embarrassing.

I wonder, you think Polian had the cameras removed because he suspected the patriots of cheating? It sure makes sense now, doesn't it?

Heh, that was my assumption. I've never heard of him doing this before or since. Why else would he do that?

I can not blame Polian here, this is all about the commissioner's power trip.

However Polian is the one who turned this league into a pansy hands off wide receiver league.....hahahaha

I can not blame Polian here, this is all about the commissioner's power trip.

However Polian is the one who turned this league into a pansy hands off wide receiver league.....hahahaha

It wasn't just Polian. I know you REALLY want to believe that it was all him but, believe it or not, other teams complained as well.

Besides, it had to end somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye