PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Might we see a Cory Dillon jealousy erupt this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read Corey's EXTENSIVE comments to the press yesterday? How much more convincing could that have possibly been?

He was singing everybody's praises. He was even going over the top a bit with the part about Heath Evans being his "Bully Brother".

I half expected him to start waxing poetic over how perfectly the popcorn vendors at the stadium walk the aisles.

FilPats said:
I dont think so, Corey already got his 10,000 yards. He wants another Lombardi and LoMo can help him get it.

Quote:“I’ve done everything (individually),†Dillon said. “I’ve done it all. My thing is winning and the ultimate goal - Super Bowls. I’m not concerned about myself.â€

Dillons grown abd is ready to be a part of Pats history. From the Hearald Article :

“It’s a team thing,†Dillon said. “There will never be any animosity. I’ve been in this league for 10 years. I can’t be worried about that madness. I’m here to win football games. However, we’re going to win, I’m for it. You can take myself out of the equation 1,000 times and if we’re wining, I’m just as happy as can be.â€

shmessy said:
Did anyone read Corey's EXTENSIVE comments to the press yesterday? How much more convincing could that have possibly been?

He was singing everybody's praises. He was even going over the top a bit with the part about Heath Evans being his "Bully Brother".

I half expected him to start waxing poetic over how perfectly the popcorn vendors at the stadium walk the aisles.

Tomase does a good job providing the context of this interview as well...

Dillon provides a not so subtle reminder that given the way he's been mistreated by the media (and yes, I belive he was mistreated by the media last season) they shouldn't be expecting a word from him, let alone an extensive and revealing interview in which he shows a ton of leadership and sets a great example for the entire team.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=156669

Factor Dillon's impact in that regard into his yards per carry average this season.

Corey's really come a long way from what he was earlier in his career... though I guess being on the Bengals will do that to you.

The young rookie is much more likely to be jealous of Dillon's time and number of reps, given the extaordinary hype. Dillon is fine. He'll be fine in whatever role he is asked to play. However, he is far from taking a Bettis role. As long as all are healthy, we will have a great running game.

And BTW, Parker wasn't in any way great on TH night. His body can't take that punishment all year. What were his YPC?

Last edited:
mgteich said:
The young rookie is much more likely to be jealous of Dillon's time and number of reps, given the extaordinary hype. Dillon is fine. He'll be fine in whatever role he is asked to play. However, he is far from taking a Bettis role. As long as all are healthy, we will have a great running game.

And BTW, Parker wasn't in any way great on TH night. His body can't take that punishment all year. What were his YPC?

I disagree completely. I think Parker looked great. He showed he isn't only an outside running back running hard between the tackles. He's not a huge back, around 5'10" 210 pounds, but he was also running over people. I think Bettis' student has learned well. Though I hate the Steelers, Parker is a great story, a great find for the Steelers and their scouting staff. I don't wanna pan all the other teams that didn't sign Parker, I don't think even the Steelers knew what they had when they signed him. BTW, his YPC for the game was 4.0, Last year it was 4.7. I think Parker is one the NFL's top 10 RB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back