PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Midwestpatsfan's final big board(s)

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Well, this is getting out about 9 hours later than I was hoping. I was working on jazzing it up with some color coding and some additional notes on the horizontal board when the computer crashed and I lost it all. This is the meat and potatoes version as I just don't have the time or energy to go back and do it all over again. I hope you all find it entertaining as well as informative.
In the article, you will find a link to an excel file with both my horizontal and vertical big boards.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015/04/my-final-patriots-big-board.html

Thank you!! Clearly a huge effort, and much appreciated.

I'm curious about your thinking on LDEs. Does the signing of Jabaal Sheard change Odighizuwa's expected impact? And what kept Anthony Chickillo off your board?

Thanks Patchick,
I think realistically the signing of Sheard does hurt the chances of the Patriots taking Diggy, but he is my draft binkie and he needed to be on my list. I don't have realistic expectations that he will be a Patriot.

As for Chickillo, I had very little exposure to him, so I tend to leave guys out because I don't have the full picture. What I wrote for him was:
Wins with hustle and determination, limited lateral movement. Really bulky upper body. Position change for the NFL? Speed is decent but linear. Smart player who is aware of his surroundings.
I gave him a 4th/5th round grade, but again, that was off only one full game tape and I don't put guys in that I don't watch more on.
I think the better question is what are your thoughts?

Excellent work, but boy, you don't like the RBs much, your 3rd RB going off the board in the 4th round. Also, and it might just be that you don't like them but Jake Ryan and Ryan Mueller at LB seem to be BB type guys.

Excellent work, but boy, you don't like the RBs much, your 3rd RB going off the board in the 4th round. Also, and it might just be that you don't like them but Jake Ryan and Ryan Mueller at LB seem to be BB type guys.
Hey Manx,
I think you may have misread something. I have 5 RB's in the top 3 rounds and all 5 are in my top 35 or so players. (Gurley, Ajayi, Johnson, Coleman, and Abdullah) I have the last 4 very closely ranked and could see anyone of them being a Patriot.
As for the other guys you mentioned I think they are BB type of guys, I just felt like the team had those type of players already at LB already and I was trying to keep the # of players on my board to a minimum. (I failed miserably)

I was wondering if the horizontal board would be busy to read. Always next year to get the look down just right.

Very good work. I see just by the amount of names how much time and energy went into this. I am sure the other one with color you were working on would have been great too : )

I will be honest and say there are names on this list I have 0 knowledge of particular in tiers 4 & 5. I have probably not looked into the back of the draft nearly as much as some here. It is good to have info like when those picks role around particularly.

I am of the firm opinion someone on this board should take Mayock's job. I really wish we had coverage and in depth knowledge this good on draft day from TV personalities. : /

Thanks for the kind words Bob.
I agree that there are a lot of people on this board with some serious draft knowledge. It has been fun getting to interact with all of you more this year.

Nice work, MWPF. I'll be saving this for use in the middle and later rounds of the draft.

No Gabe Wright, Xavier Cooper. I think they may be on the Pats board

No Gabe Wright, Xavier Cooper. I think they may be on the Pats board
You could be right. This board could be 200+ players, but from what we know, the Patriots tend to have smaller boards (mine is probably too big) so not every player can be on here. I have later round guys that I think are similar in talent level to those two and so they represent better value to me.
I was not a huge fan of Gabe Wright, so he wasn't ever really a factor on my board. Cooper could have easily made it, but I have a handful of guys on my board with similar skillsets that I liked better, so he just didn't make the cut.
It is probably for the best that this is my board and not the teams.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back