PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Middle zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

E Belichick Unum

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am not trying to be negative here, but we do have the lowest ranked third down defense in the league and yesterday didn't help. For three years we have had the same hole in our defense and to date nobody has done anything to clost it.

What the hell is going on with the wide open reciever across the middle on third down? You would think that just be the process of elimination the Pats would have found a solution for that by now.

I am not trying to be negative here, but we do have the lowest ranked third down defense in the league and yesterday didn't help. For three years we have had the same hole in our defense and to date nobody has done anything to clost it.

What the hell is going on with the wide open reciever across the middle on third down? You would think that just be the process of elimination the Pats would have found a solution for that by now.

It's a good point and I still really dont know what the issue is here. Our 3rd down defense is the worst in the league, not really a good stat attached to your team. Hopefully they can improve on this is the coming weeks, and make it a point of emphasis.

As for the hole in the middle of our defense, my guess is that our safeties are playing too far back, as well as shading to cover WRs on the outside. This leaves LBs left to cover RBs and TEs and most of our LBs are too slow and cannot cover RBs and TEs. I believe that our defense is afraid of giving up the big play and that is why our corners play so soft and our safeties give up the middle of the field. I really would like to see our defense take more chances and blitz Meriweather or Chung a few times and see what happens. I think our defense has the ability to make some plays, and with the soft and safe defense they play it is hard for them to do that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back