Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
3-4 DE - cory redding
3-4 DE - adam carriker
3-4 OLB - jarrett johnson

DE Jason Jones of Tenn if he has his weight up close to 300 pounds.

Kendall Langford - Miami - de. He's been playing in a 3-4 as a two-gapper. Not a home run. But, a decent body until an early pick develops.

When I see what's available right now it makes the idea of re-signing Mark Anderson and Andre Carter more appealing.

Jarrett Johnson isn't as good at rushing the passer but overall he plays a good game; I can't help but be a bit concerned that he benefits from the attention some of his teammates draw though.

Manny Lawson is okay but nothing special. Wesley Woodyard might be a guy to consider as a nickel LB because he can cover - something the Pats LBs didn't do well, especially since Guyton played himself out of a job - plus he's good on special teams. Corey Redding is certainly worth considering. Maybe Reggie Nelson or Mike Adams for depth and competition at safety.

Sign a few and see what sticks. Just a little leery of the higher price tags (Shaun Ellis) considering the better production from the lower-priced free agents (Anderson, Carter, Gerard Warren) last year.

When I see what's available right now it makes the idea of re-signing Mark Anderson and Andre Carter more appealing.

Jarrett Johnson isn't as good at rushing the passer but overall he plays a good game; I can't help but be a bit concerned that he benefits from the attention some of his teammates draw though.

Manny Lawson is okay but nothing special. Wesley Woodyard might be a guy to consider as a nickel LB because he can cover - something the Pats LBs didn't do well, especially since Guyton played himself out of a job - plus he's good on special teams. Corey Redding is certainly worth considering. Maybe Reggie Nelson or Mike Adams for depth and competition at safety.

Sign a few and see what sticks. Just a little leery of the higher price tags (Shaun Ellis) considering the better production from the lower-priced free agents (Anderson, Carter, Gerard Warren) last year.

Ellis was different than those guys though. He was really the only LDE in the 43 we had on the roster while Wright was hurt and Deaderick was on PUP, so he was a very necessary signing.
Ellis made 4mill and Carter 2.25 because thats what it took. I have no doubt BB would have paid Carter 4mill if he had too.
Anderson was pretty much an unemployed once had some success as a pass rusher guy. I don't think he was any more part of the plan than just a guy out there who was cheap so bring him in and see if he can make the team.

Might be on the higher end of "mid-range," but I'd have a lot of interest in Red Bryant as a 3-4 DE. He's been playing 5-tech for the Seahawks in their atypical 4-3 scheme. He's a two-down run-stuffer, but it'd allow the Pats to put Wilfork at NT in the base 3-4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back