Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mid East Fanatics Stone 8 Year Old Girl On Her Way to School

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Currently, in a country where just last week there were riots started over a woman refusing to move to the back of the bus, a small, bespectacled young 8 year old girl named Naama, the daughter of a Chicago woman, has been being jeered at, spit on, pyysically assaulted and called a "whore" daily while on her way to her religious school by dozens of adult males because she is not dressed "chastely" enough.

The young girl's school is a new one - built by conservative religious in a previous ultra-religious enclave - the neighborhood has erected street signs calling for the separation of sexes on the sidewalks, dispatched "modesty patrols" to enforce a chaste female appearance and hurled stones at offenders and outsiders. Walls of the neighborhood are plastered with signs exhorting women to dress modestly in closed-necked, long-sleeved blouses and long skirts.

Naama's case has been especially shocking because of her young age and because she attends a religious school and dresses with long sleeves and a skirt. Extremists, however, consider even that outfit, standard in mainstream religious schools, to be immodest.

As the harrassment has become known and the media has begun to pay attention the reporters themselves have found themselves being pelted with eggs and stones by the religious extremists while trying to cover the story.

Where's the outrage, people?

Harry? 13? Anyone?

Naama Margolese, Israeli Girl, Bullied By Jewish Ultra-Orthodox Extremists (VIDEO)
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Here I am:
    The reason for "no outrage" is because nobody knows about it, if it were WHITE CHRISTIANS throwing the rocks it would be the lead story on every news program in the country.

I'm surprised Fox & Drudge haven't picked up on it.

I'm very proud of you for daring to post it, you must know that you run the risk of being called a "bigot and a racist" for doing so.
    GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR COURAGE
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Bunch of barbaric animals to do that to a child.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

And to think....we give billions of dollars of aid and support to them.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Why? Did I say something bad about them? Did I call them savages or pig swine or animals?

I hardly think that reporting a fact is tantamount to "racism" or "bigotry." It's the extra personal commentary (when added) which qualifies someone as a racist or a bigot.

But you know that already.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

For simply posting it, this is one of those storys that the Left Wing Democrat Media usually trys to bury.

I have on several occasions been called 'a racist' for posting a story about Gang Bangers killing a little child in one of their "botched drive by's" you are The Messenger of this story therefore some of the more looney loons on here see you responsible for bringing attention to "the stoning" this gives the bat sh!t liberal the opening to shift the blame from the rock throwers to you, for "spreading the story".

THE WORD "SAVAGE" WAS INVENTED FOR THESE FILTHY PIGS
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

What % of Israeli's do you suppose these people represent?

If you are trying to equate this with the policies of entire countries it is a weak attempt even for you.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Mrs P
    I apologize

I have a bad habit of responding to things without reading them, I thought these were Muslims you were talking about, I'm sorry.

I have lived a sinful life and it is hard to break old habits, God Willing I will mend my ways.

I also apologize to the Left Wing Democrat Media.

I'm 85 years old and I have been drunk for three days.

Blessed Are The Pure In Heart
    For They Shall See God
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

The Ultra Orthodox represent 10% of Israel's population and are the fastest growing segment of the population.

What percent of Muslims do you think terrorist extremists represent?

Edited to add: Just for comparison sake - if you think 10% is a small minority - illegal immigrants make up 4% of the US population. And I'm pretty sure you consider that a highly significant number based on your insistance that they are taking over our jobs, our economy and our school systems.
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +898 / 7 / -17

#87 Jersey

I was going to post about the Jewish Rosa Parks ... even with our troubles we are miles ahead of many in the world. You may have noticed I am a great advocate of more things women rather than less ... more meaning and more voice for them in society - so that story angered me greatly.

Why do we chastise China and others on human rights, tie giving aid to them over the issue and then stay silent on this issue regarding Israel? We should be more demanding that their society is truly free.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

It's a very fine line where religions are concerned, Icy. I am well acquainted with both ultra-othodox Jewish and strict Muslim females who live here in American and with Hassadic women in Israel.

They are fine with the laws as they are. More than fine, in fact, they are staunch supporters of both the dress codes and the separation of the sexes.

Much as we would be resentful of and angry with anyone who tried to change our way of life, our beliefs or our laws, so would they.

Do we, as individuals, or even as a country, have the right to demand that all individuals or all countries practice laws and customs exactly the same way we do? Why do we presume to speak for the entirity of the world?

Certainly we have the right to withhold aid or military funding for countries with customs or laws we strongly disagree with - not only do we have that right, we should use it more often than we do - but, morally and ethically, do we have the right to demand, or worse, to go in and militarily attempt to change their laws to suit our beliefs?

If we, as a nation, truly believe in freedom, then shouldn't we feel that people everywhere have their own rights to believe whatever and however they believe - even if it goes against our own concept of freedom?
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

But if countries choose to frame their laws in a manner that makes humans unequal, is that acceptable? If a country made slavery legal, do we just accept that? I don't support wars over any of the above, but who can or should decide what is acceptable? Is "Freedom" something that can be molded to fit one's beliefs or is it defined by the word itself?

If a man is allowed to pursue higher education and a woman can't, is that freedom by any definition?
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I got my niece a doll for Christmas. She's 8, just like the child in the link. It was a Baby Alive doll, it talked, blinked its eyes and it also peed and pooped. The look of sheer terror on her face when the thing let go all over her leg when she didn't put the diaper on it correctly was about as much trauma as I want to see her experience, at least now.

People can be such a**holes.
  14. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I'm not cool with what goes on in Country's that abide by religion to make their laws. I'm not cool with the USA/UK/Australia etc invading those places to enforce their view of the World.

If a Country decided to discriminate against gay people is that OK?
  15. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

The best thing about the USA is we don't need religion to kill people. All we need is a gun. We live in a very violent Country.
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

The bigger question is - is it any of our business?

We don't have to support it, we don't have to do business with it, we don't have to sanction it - but do we have the right, as a foreign nation, to actually do anything about it?

Would our trying to forcibly impose Western freedom on a Middle Eastern Country be any different than that same Middle Eastern country forcibly trying to impose Sharia Law on us?

It doesn't matter if we "know" we are right, they also "know" they are right. It's a different belief system, that's all.

I don't know the answers - I'm just asking the questions and trying to see both sides of the story.

Like I said earlier, when religion enters the picture it changes things. People who believe the religion have a right to their beliefs. If the Orthodox Jews believe that women should be segregated and the women have no problem with it - how does it affect us? Why does it affect us? Why should we try to change it? Who are we helping?

My whole point in posting this particular story was to point out that there are religions other than Muslim which have strange ideas about women and who practice things like throwing stones at them.

It's a bad thing, I'm not denying that in the least.

But we don't condemn all Jews and we certainly don't threaten to cut off aid to Israel or to stop diplomatic relations with them or impose sanctions on them because it occurs in a 10% faction of Jews.

We don't start endless threads and posts about what savages they are or how backwards they are or what pigs or what swine they are - or rant and tear our hair out over our government's continued support of them or the conservative's "love affair" with brutal savage Judaism.

No, the outrage here is all very selective, isn't it? It seems to have little to do with what's being done but rather by who's doing it....and that's just wrong.
  17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

First of all, broad-brushing any race or religion is wrong, I agree with you. But I believe that when a country's government incorporates religious ideology into its laws, then that's different than the story you're thread is referring to. Israel, to my knowledge, does not include doctrine that supports the behavior of those in your story.

But when we read about a country that condones and actually sentences a woman to be stoned to death for allegedly cheating on her husband, then that's different.

But maybe your point is more that Israel isn't any more tolerant of other religions as many Arab nations. Is that also your point?
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +520 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

My point is that there are many here who are outraged with each stoning story, with each woman-degrading story, with each "little girl can't get to school story" that comes out of a Muslim country - and yet there is no outrage and seldom even an acknowledgement that Israel also has these same stories and that the two religions, extreme Muslim and Orthodox Judaiam, have many similarities in their teaching about females.

My point is there is outrage here when there's even a hint of Sharia Law in the United States and yet I posted a story not too long ago about the public buses in a certain section of NY where women are required to sit in the back and virtually no one commented on it. There are communities in NY and NJ were there are signs stating a dress code for women. Virtually all Orthodox synagogues segregate the sexes without complaint from anyone here....yet there are all kinds of complaints about the treatment women get in a mosque.
    There are complaints here about women in burkas - or women in head scarves...and yet Orthodox women always cover their arms, legs, ankles and head when they leave the house or have company. They always have, they always will - and I've not seen one thread bemoaning the unfair treatment of women or how foreigners in America should dress "American."

Those are my points - our own selectiveness and our faux outrage which we blame on "freedom" issues but are really nothing more than racism and/or religious bigotry.
  19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Good post with some brutal honesty I can't deny. Would you agree that our media plays a huge role in explaining this? I never knew about any of the incidents you wrote above in the Jewish community. Never saw your thread either.

I am not saying you're not right, because you are right...but I'll also add that Israel has never attacked the US. We don't see massive demonstrations of burning US flags and effigies as we have for 40 years or so with Arab nations. I'll also add frequency of incidents and examples of Arab nations compared to Israel/Jewish community. Scale and scope are important.

Excuses all, but pretty reasonable ones to explain a largely internationally unaware society at large like ours.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

We have a lot of Bad Guys who pull the trigger on those guns.