PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michigan Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyw

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I hope you are all watching the Wolverines and Lamarr Woodley. Yet another FF, this kid can get to the QB.

Leon Hall is a gem too...solid in coverage and can tackle (a trait that many college CBs lack). I might add fast as hell (or so it looks), I will be interested to see what kind of #s he puts up at the combine.

harveyw said:
Leon Hall is a gem too...solid in coverage and can tackle (a trait that many college CBs lack). I might add fast as hell (or so it looks), I will be interested to see what kind of #s he puts up at the combine.

too bad hes projected top 15..very possibly top 10

Remix 6 said:
too bad hes projected top 15..very possibly top 10

OK pal, its not even November...I could careless where your boy Mel Kiper projects him.

harveyw said:
OK pal, its not even November...I could careless where your boy Mel Kiper projects him.

um i was just letting u know..dont have to be an *******. btw grats on watching your first college ball game. u noticed the players people have been talking about

Remix 6 said:
um i was just letting u know..dont have to be an *******. btw grats on watching your first college ball game. u noticed the players people have been talking about

Ha good one clown, I know far more about college FB than you...I am simply stating how these 2 guys look. I did not tune into Mel's latest board and assume these guys were good much like yourself. They stand out in the game that I am watching and figured it was worth mentioning.

harveyw said:
Ha good one clown, I know far more about college FB than you...I am simply stating how these 2 guys look. I did not tune into Mel's latest board and assume these guys were good much like yourself. They stand out in the game that I am watching and figured it was worth mentioning.

na im a real big Hall fan. all you've done is say "Woodley looks like he can rush the passer!" ..well no ****..he doesnt have a ton of sacks and pressures for no reason.

"Hall looks like a good corner..he can tackle" . good observation..Hall has been the best corner in college since preseason.

forgot to mention that Hart looks like he can run the ball and that Alan Branch looks great too

again.. i wasnt trying to be a **** before..i was saying Hall is a top 15-top 10 pick by the looks of his play and i was saying it in dissapointment because i would of liked to see him in a Patriots uniform

Last edited:
harveyw said:
harvey,
I'm with you on Woodley. His aggression and motor are eye-popping. My only questions: height and speed. Looking at him as a 3-4 OLB, 6'1'' isn't ideal. Also, its hard to tell how quick he is, especially against sub-par competition like NW. So I'm holding off on annointing him until the OSU game. Also, about Leon Hall... when a front 7 is as dominant as Michigan's, it's hard to tell how good a cover man is. Many of his potential flaws could be hidden by the prssure up front. He SEEMS good, but until he can shut down A. Gonzalez or T. Ginn, showing that kind of speed, agility, and the ability to press elite talent, I'm not sold he's an elite, mid-1st rd prospect. I'm not saying he isn't, just that we need to see more against comparable talent.

PonyExpress said:
harvey,
I'm with you on Woodley. His aggression and motor are eye-popping. My only questions: height and speed. Looking at him as a 3-4 OLB, 6'1'' isn't ideal. Also, its hard to tell how quick he is, especially against sub-par competition like NW. So I'm holding off on annointing him until the OSU game. Also, about Leon Hall... when a front 7 is as dominant as Michigan's, it's hard to tell how good a cover man is. Many of his potential flaws could be hidden by the prssure up front. He SEEMS good, but until he can shut down A. Gonzalez or T. Ginn, showing that kind of speed, agility, and the ability to press elite talent, I'm not sold he's an elite, mid-1st rd prospect. I'm not saying he isn't, just that we need to see more against comparable talent.

Now atleast thats a reasonable non-mel kiper ratings based response. I agree with essentially everything stated above. Woodley, however, was a force against the ND line as well. He reminds me somewhat of David Pollack (UGA) with that constant motor (shown on one play today when he chased down Sutton).

harveyw said:
Now atleast thats a reasonable non-mel kiper ratings based response. I agree with essentially everything stated above. Woodley, however, was a force against the ND line as well. He reminds me somewhat of David Pollack (UGA) with that constant motor (shown on one play today when he chased down Sutton).

yea..im 1 of the biggest fans of that dumbass kiper..let me tell you about it. i've never listed to him and never will. and has he even started talking yet?

harveyw said:
Pollack is a good comparison. Another one is Daryl Tapp. I don't know if you watched Tapp at Va Tech the last few years, but he had that same thick build with a knack for pressuring the QB. Pollack was taken about #20; Tapp mid 2nd rd. So would you take Woodley, based on what you've seen already, at #20 (Seattle's pick)? Maybe #32 (the Pats). I'll probably wait til the evaluation process is over this winter before making up my mind (like it matters what I think!).

I saw Tapp many times...I love the Big East and went to BC (winning the ACC this year btw). I cannot judge where Woodley should be slated yet, as it is only Oct. Lets see what kind of #s he puts up for the rest of the year and in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back