Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michelle Obama Writes Of Liberal Racism At Princeton

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 22, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looks like Michelle had a little bit of criticism for white liberal racists - this is from her senior thesis. No wonder Princeton has taken the thesis off their shelves until (I kid you not) November 5, 2008.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before," the future Mrs. Obama wrote in her thesis introduction. "I have found that at Princeton no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my White professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

She hates white America. That was clearly with her "first time being really proud" comment. We all want blacks to be successful - highly successful. But this stuff isn't how they're going to get there.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

I expect we'll see a lot of race related comments in this forum when Obama becomes the nominee. The Hussein stuff is just to transparent for the righties to use.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, in otherwords, the "righties" will pick up exactly where Bill and Hillary left off.

Patters, my friend... here's a nickel's worth of free advice: Stop thinking your sh*t smells sweeter than everyone else's. It only makes you look more and more like a jackass when your heroes show they are not above such tactics either.
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Huh, that is his ******* name, correct?
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

Yeah, you can use it, just as some will use John Sidney McCain III.

The difference is that some righties are attempting to use that name to imply that Obama is Muslim, so as to make bigots question his patriotism. That's dishonest. The irony is that those emails have given Obama cover to play up his religion, something that liberals like me don't normally believe belong in a political campaign.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, especially when the First Lady to be brings it up, directly and indirectly. What do you want us to do ? Ignore the obvious ?
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

As a ~25-year-old she complained about liberal elitists and recently made a stupid remark about being proud of America for the first time (as if she wasn't proud during civil rights and women's rights), and you conclude she hates white America. Now, seriously, BF, look in the mirror.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If you are proud of America for the first time (for moving towards nominating a black man) then, yes, I conclude you have an inner hate for white America. If not, why would this be the first time you're proud of your country. It's clearly all about race with her and while she doesn't clearly have an inner rage about it, that's the conclusion I draw.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Michelle Obama has "Racist" written all over her and it won't be long before it really comes out, the
    "proud of America thing" was nothing.

Many people call Obama "Hussein" because it's his name, his parents gave it to him, the Racist white man didn't name him, his father did.

If by some "Miracle" Mccain or Pant Suit should beat The Prince then you will see the "Real Michelle".

No More Comment, I've said to much already, I'm going out in the barn with my horse.

:bricks:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  11. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

So if the McCain NY Times article was a "hit-piece" what does waiting until now to dig up the candidates wife's senior thesis qualify as?

You'll be hard pressed to find an African-American who hasn't had a similar experience in college, even amongst the most liberal. She articulated this paradox and that means that "she hates white people?" That sentiment is just too simple to take seriously.

Racism in America in still an incredibly entrenched, complicated institution that is both subtle and obvious and can manifest itself in many ways that to some may be surprising, such as this. The dumbing down of the complicated history of race relations in the country into discussion only of PC v. non-PC types and overt racial slurs by high profile people is extremely detrimental to progress. It's far more varied and complicated than that, as Michelle Obama found out when she was 21 years old. Holy f-cking sh!t. stop the presses.
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No one was "waiting until now"... they've been trying to get it all along but were symied by Princeton at every turn. I don't know how politico finally managed to get their hands on one... EDIT: they mentioned something about getting it from the campaign, so apparently the campaign doesn't think there's anything worth hiding...
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Based on your post history, I think you're lying rather profusely here.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +426 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I absolutely want them to be. Completely. My post history suggests that I don't think, as a race, they are going about it very well. But I am absolutely telling the truth when I say I want them to be.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

so you give Politico the benefit of the doubt but not the NY Times? When did the campaign give it to them?

Also, I wonder what Politico's article would have looked at if the campaign had refused to give it to them ("hidden it from them")

Either way, if you put this much stock in a senior thesis written 23 years ago about a black woman's experience in a mostly white college then perhaps you should re-access your decision to vote in the upcoming election.
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

well they now have what appears to be an extremely popular presidential candidate, but you don't seem to associate that with success....
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

I get confused about this thread and similar one like about Chelsea Clinton, I thought that Hillary and Obama were running for Prez.. not their wives or daughter.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Translation: "Michelle Obama said something that makes her look bad, so I want everyone to completely disregard it..!!"

Clearly at that point of her adult life, using her own words, we see a woman that believes white people are racist and she was ashamed to be an American.
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, that is correct. But if Hillary and Barack are going to use their daughter and wife respectively to actively take part in and campaign for them, that makes them fair game. Wouldn't you agree..?
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Translation: "I apparently lack any ability whatsoever to place myself in someone else's shoes so in my mind what she wrote makes her look bad"

Clearly at this point in your adult life you should realize that what she wrote is probably very honest and true.