Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michelle beats Ann, Bill edges the Giants and Cowboys

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

1st night of Democratic National Convention reaches 26.2M viewers, nearly 4M more than RNC - The Washington Post

NEW YORK — Michelle Obama has bragging rights over Ann Romney in one early measurement — television ratings.

The Nielsen Co. said about 26.2 million people watched the opening night of the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday in Charlotte, N.C., where the first lady was the featured speaker.

Last week, Nielsen said 22.3 million watched the first night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., where potential first lady Ann Romney talked about her husband, Mitt.

Michelle Obama was a big hit Monday in a measurement by the social media network Twitter. The company said she was responsible for at least 28,003 tweets per minute shortly after she delivered her speech.

By contrast, the peak moment at the GOP convention was 14,289 tweets per minute during Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech, Twitter said.

Bill Clinton Draws More Viewers Than N.F.L. Opener - NYTimes.com

More people watched former President Bill Clinton’s speech to the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night than tuned in to see the N.F.L. season opener.

But the game appeared to cut into the convention’s ratings, which were lower than Tuesday night’s.

According to preliminary ratings from Nielsen, 20.6 million watched the convention from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m., while 20.1 million people watched the New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys game during the same hour.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Re: Michelle beats Ann

Seems very insignificant if you ask me ...

Michelle Obama has the advantage of already being in the national limelight.

That being said ... where does a thread like this go from here ... what is it that they do?
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Iced Edit :
    You pulled a bait and switch ... :p ... comparing Bill to football now ... no fair.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

There was a thread where some people were commenting that Ann beat Michelle, so that's why I decided to post this. At any rate, it seems that every thread in the political forum finds a place to go. Sometimes I think of browsing through the original post and the final post of some of our longer threads, because I bet the disconnect is very often very extreme.
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

What do you know? I've been waiting this whole campaign for something that would convince me of where I should cast my vote. Now it's as clear as it can be. Bill Clinton got a better TV rating than the Giants game did. Obviously my vote needs to go to Obama.:rolleyes:
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

It came from here:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...863-democrats-set-move-obamas-big-speech.html

I think it's good to post follow-up information. I keep hoping it will make people think about their sources and maybe wait a bit before crowing about one thing or another - just to get confirmation from a more legitimate site than Baithbart.

It's interesting that CPF thought it was a huge win for Ann to get 400,000 more viewers than Michelle - and yet he's not been saying a word about the fact that the truth is - Michelle got 4 MILLION more viewers.

In fact, I can pretty much guarantee you that the number will be minimized by those who do not like the Obama family - but, had it been true, they would have celebrated the 400,000 number as proof of a tremendous difference in interest.

Same thing here:
    Well, now we know...and maybe people shouldn't be quite so sure of themselves - or their candidates.
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Sorry Patters but the temptation was too great for my juvenile level humor... :p:p:p

Honey Boo Boo ties Bill Clinton

[​IMG]
    'Honey Boo Boo' and Bill Clinton's DNC Speech Tie in Ratings - Hollywood Reporter

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

‘Honey Boo Boo’ Ratings Top RNC’s - ABC News

THIS is the most telling truth about the audience....

Full Disclosure: Mrs. Diver and I watched this ..... thing ..... last night, and if this is the way we are going...america is DOOMED. Not even getting into the content of this drivel...the simple fact that it is a show on "THE LEARNING CHANNEL"

sucks
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I was going to make a Honey Boo Boo thread ... man we are seriously swirling down the chute as a country ... and this mom ... I'm trying to get better decorum in the forum so I'll leave it to your imagination what I think of her. Without makeup ... Honey Boo Boo is just some random fat kid. Not that that's a bad thing ... mom should let her be a normal kid.

[​IMG]
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

OMFG.. I wikied it and this is what I found,
    >>>
    June "Mama" Shannon, 32, mother of Alana and her three sisters and grandmother to baby Kaitlyn.<<<<<

At 32, I was having my first kid, not being a grandparent!!!!!!!!!
  11. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

I can honestly say.... I did not watch Ann's or Michelle's speech.
    Who did better..... ???? I sure don't know.

I do know that you can not get the truth from the media.
    I remember the Shannon OBrien vs Mitt Romney final debate.
    moderated by Tim Russert

OBrien made a fool of herself.
    She would not let Romney answer questions, she kept interuppting him
    and he eventually told her (as a gentleman), her interuptions were not becoming.

I still remember the puzzled look on Tim Russert's face when she asked him if
    he wanted to see her tatoo.

I watched the debate at work with a good mix of liberals, conservatives, and
    independents.

Everyone agreed, that OBrien, blew the debate more than Romney won it.

They were in a statistical dead heat before that debate.

The next day in the Boston Globe..... the Headlines..... "Shannon on Points".
    The race was a toss up before the debate, and after the debate Romney
    was Govenor.

Nice job Boston Globe.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

The only bragging rights that matter, are the one's either Ann or Michelle will have in the early morning hours of November 7th. Speeches by wives in September mean didly poo.

What in the name of didly poo is that trailer park family in that picture supposed to represent, and what the heck is Hoo Boo?
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Well 1 speech was before Labor Day when people kids were out of school in much of the country the other speech was after Labor day when families are home and the kiddies are back in school 400k is in the noise floor either way.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

400K isn't even in the equation....what are you talking about?
  15. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -1

Ann, Michelle and Bill... If any of them were running for President then the ratings "might" mattter. Probably not, but that is the only way they would ;)

I guess you have to grab victory where you can.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012