PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick involved in shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism? Oh please.
As for Vick, even if he is innocent, he's still stupid.
Maybe, he should stay out of clubs. Or clubs where people have guns.
Maybe he should run with a better crowd.
Trouble just happens to find this guy? O.K., sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Southie a "hood" loaded with "thugs". What, pray tell, is the racial statistics of that area?

what? How do you know that this guy is part of his posse? Were you similarly up in arms when someone claimed to have gotten shot at Tom Brady's wedding? These guys can't control what everyone around them does all the time, and we have no idea what the circumstances surrounding all of this were. Way to hold of and learn the facts before you tear a guy apart though, that's super reasonable and mature of you.

I don't believe in multiple coincidences converging at a single point, I do believe in something smelling fishy and that is what is going on there.

You can believe what happened at face value but I don't.

Last edited:
Well, if they're still around, Vick was publicly warned about that by the Commissioner as part of his reinstatement. I think we have to wait until all the evidence is in to see whether they were there because Vick invited them or weather they heard about his party and decided to hang around.

That said in Vick's defense, I think that if he was part of planning a big party for his birthday in a party town in the summer, then he exercised bad judgment.

He's hanging by a thread in the NFL and, given the people who have flocked to him in the past, he was just inviting trouble even if the individuals weren't on the invitation list.

The $5 million was a team option for this year, but none of it is guaranteed. A big screw up like this could be an end of seeing any of that money.

Bad judgment isn't an excuse, and if he meant nothing to happen and went out of his way to prevent anything from happening and can show that he tried to prevent problems he might get some leniency but it still falls on him for putting himself in that situation.

What about race-based cultural observations?

Never seen anyone mention Ben Roethlesberger's cultural background in relation to his being a scumbag. Guess as long as he stays away from his old "hood" and his "posse" of good ole boy friends...who are also a bunch of "thugs"...he'll stay out of trouble and ultimately be forgiven for being a rapist. :rolleyes:

Gangsta mentality and culture is gangsta mentality and culture. Same with Mafia mentality and culture. Calling it what it is isn't being racist.

Beh - the MSM wants something like this as a "distraction" over what's going on in the Gulf.

By next week this will pass, as Vick probably didn't do anything to begin with.

The $5 million was a team option for this year, but none of it is guaranteed. A big screw up like this could be an end of seeing any of that money.

Bad judgment isn't an excuse, and if he meant nothing to happen and went out of his way to prevent anything from happening and can show that he tried to prevent problems he might get some leniency but it still falls on him for putting himself in that situation.

Basically what I said, but thanks for reiterating it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Southie a "hood" loaded with "thugs". What, pray tell, is the racial statistics of that area?

You make a good point, Kontra. This jargon might have originated in "South Central," but it is now used for places with completely different demographics, as you are suggesting is the case with "Southie." For most, though, I think the terminology is still tied in their minds to its origins.

LMFAO @ the people who thought Tony Dungy would be able to turn his life around

soooooooo ridiculous

Well, I have a Michael Vick signed football. I suppose now is the time to sell if he's going to get his name back in the news, right?

LMFAO @ the people who thought Tony Dungy would be able to turn his life around

soooooooo ridiculous

How the hell would Tony Dungy turn anyone's life around? The man is a hate filled bigot. He drove his own son to suicide for god's sake. (son was gay, Tony campaigns for anti-gay groups)

How the hell would Tony Dungy turn anyone's life around? The man is a hate filled bigot. He drove his own son to suicide for god's sake. (son was gay, Tony campaigns for anti-gay groups)

Talk about hate-filled bigots. :eek:

Well, I have a Michael Vick signed football. I suppose now is the time to sell if he's going to get his name back in the news, right?

I'd hold onto it. Who knows? Someday they might open a Hall of Fame for "People who were given every chance to turn their lives around and blew it" and they might want to buy it as an exhibit.

According to Cowherd, video refutes Vick's timeline. It shows Vick leaving three minutes before the shooting starts, the shooting originated from the direction that Vick left, and the guy that was shot had, at one point, slapped Vick's girlfriend's hand and got cake all over her. Discuss.

According to Cowherd, video refutes Vick's timeline. It shows Vick leaving three minutes before the shooting starts, the shooting originated from the direction that Vick left, and the guy that was shot had, at one point, slapped Vick's girlfriend's hand and got cake all over her. Discuss.

The devil is in the details as they say and timeline has never been Vick's strong suit... He apparently hasn't learned the lesson that coming clean out the gate is always a better approach than getting caught in a botched attempt at a coverup.

It's always good to see the "Victim" mentality raise it's head. I swear, some of you must get your definitions from coloring books..

Anyhow, based on the video footage (which shouldn't have been released, btw since it's evidence in a criminal investigation) Vick clearly didn't tell the truth about what happened. And that beg's the question, if he didn't have his story straight about that, what else is he not being honest about.

This will definitely hurt Vick and he's likely to face another suspension, much like Adam Jones did.

OH, and Michael Vick's Option was for 5.25 Million.. Of which, 1.5 Million was paid on March 5th and another $1 million is guaranteed. So, 2.5 of the 5.25 million is already in his account.

Just don't let your dog see it.

too late.........
gun_dog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back