Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michael Vick Agrees To Plea Deal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +184 / 4 / -6

Hopefully the NFL has the good sense to never let him on the football field again, and we can forget him. What a pathetic man.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/20/sportsline/main3184703.shtml

(CBS/AP) Michael Vick's lawyer said Monday the NFL star will plead guilty to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges, putting the Atlanta Falcons quarterback's career in jeopardy and leaving him subject to a possible prison term.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him," lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter."
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Al Davis: "When can we get this guy in uniform?"
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Bet you he never sets foot on an NFL field as a player again, remember Art Schliter.. that is the offense that the NFL is concerned about, the dog stuff is secondary..
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Schlister gambled on football.

Vick will play in the NFL again. Personally I don't care if he does or not, as I think he's always been an overrated player who you'd never win a title with. When you have players that have killed human beings playing in your league, it's hard for me to justify a guy not being permitted to, for killing some dogs. Now, don't get me wrong here, I'm not condoning his actions in any way, as I think the guy is a POS thug. I'm merely pointing out that a league with as many criminals in it as the NFL, shouldn't be trying to play the moral and principled card.
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

:nono: Don't even think about repeating that sentiment out on the main board.
  6. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For once Patters, you and I agree on something. For him to do something so heinous, the least of his worries should be on whether or not he can play in the NFL. Dude has some serious sociopathic issues I believe.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I would also hope that other players will make it clear that he isn't wanted in the locker room again. As a quarterback, he wasn't very effective. As a human being, well...I'd rather watch a game and have a beer with the dogs he tortured and killed. What a POS!
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Why not? I didn't read all the posts on the main board, but don't think anyone there supports him. From what I understand, unless your an Atlanta fan, everyone wishes him a good time with Bubba.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

Oh, I know. Reason and sense don't go very far over there. :D
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

I think, and I could be wrong here, that Sdaniels was somewhat implying that anything short of Vick must die is unacceptable over there. Is that accurate?
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the group think is pretty strong out there when it comes to Vick.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Pretty much common ground on this one.. is it time for a warm and fuzzy group hug??
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I thought I may have misinterpreted reading that thread, thanks. I posted a reply (main forum) to someone who said, no team would ever play hire him again. Wrong, Gruden would sign him in a heartbeat. So far, no one has challenged that statement. The fact is, this will calm down and when he gets out of jail, teams will pursue him, you can take that to the bank.
  14. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

He'll go where all miscreants, felons, malcontents, and general undesirables go: the Raiders (it matches their fanbase).
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

:enranged: who you calling warm and fuzzy? :p
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +433 / 5 / -2

My opinion ties into a common flaw made by too many people on this planet, and that's basing, or making, a decision when high on emotion. Emotion can be a dangerous thing. I try to never make up my mind while angry or sad. People despise the man right now, and rightfully so. What most of these people are doing when they say he'll never play again, is they are basing their conclusion at the present, and while very angry. The fact of the matter is that he won't even have a shot to play in the league for 2-3 years. We're talking 2009 or 2010 maybe. A lot can change in that time. Remember, we're a forgiving society, and should Vick do his time, say all the right things, accept blame, and truly seem repetant, I don't see why he won't be playing somewhere by then. Again, he very well may have played his last game, but I wouldn't say for sure.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

What would Knute Rockne think about this "new breed", shootings, stabbings, raping, steroids and now "hanging dogs"
    :bricks:
  18. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I wonder what most of the people here would be saying if - hypothetically of course - this happened to Tom Brady.

"Go get em' Tom!"
    "Eh'... I didn't really like dogs that much anyway."