Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jan 30, 2009.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It will do little to persuade minorities to join the republicans.
    Their moron leaders just last month issued a CD about Barack 'the magic negro'.

The RNC is screwed for an entire generation, based on the f up the past 8 years, they may never recover and may not exist 30 years from now.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

We've been through this, Negro is not the N word.

The VAST majority of Republicans aren't racist, that whole thing is stupid.
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Tell that to Black voters, or any other minority.

While RNC people can tell themselves that everyone else doesn't have a sense of humor, the rest of the country just shakes their head.

The RNC is completely clueless. They have also alienated true conservatives like myself, and there are a lot of us, who have basically jumped ship because the Republican party is a scam that does not even believe in the values it traditionally preached
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I agree they turned into a bunch of sniveling cowardly wimps but I think The Prince Messiah Obama and Sarah Palin will have a lot to do with bringing them back, real quick.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Minorities (and non minorities) might THINK Republicans are racist but that doesn't make it true; of course, it's still a problem in terms of getting their vote and hopefully Steele's election can be a small step forward there.
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

That attitude certainly worked with women and Palin:rolleyes:
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

All you can do is show the best you can you aren't sexist, racist, whatever. The rest is up to the voter.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Putting up a ditzy joke of a woman like Palin or using an Uncle Tom Black guy, in no way will reach out to those demographics. That the RNC leadership thinks it will, reveals how clueless they are, and how little they think of those voting groups. And telling others to 'get a sense of humor' about things, is another example of just how clueless they are.

The RNC is not just being completely incompetent in drawing in minorities or women, but have also done a splendid job of alienating its conservative base.

Any Ron Paul supporter, as I am, basically thinks of the RNC as a total joke at this point.
  10. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Except that doesn't show either of those things, it just shows that the RNC aren't willing to actually understand race relations and inequality and simply think they can insult people's intelligence by sticking a black guy or a women up there.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

And just because Democrats think they can insult people's intelligence by programs like affirmative action shouldn't make people think they understand race relations either. We achieve equality by those who may be considered non equal achieving equal results solely on their own merits; not through affirmative action.
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Hey dumb****, Ron Paul is a republican, in case you didn't notice he voted against the stimulus, unlike every single democrat you love. He is more republican than you think. Abortion. Check. Gay marriage. Check. Tax cuts. Check.

I have to laugh that a Jew hater is a "champion" for minorities.
  13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Just because I think PFEagles is a complete moron doesn't mean I hate Jews, it means that I believe one poster who happens to be Jewish (PFEagles) is retarded. CRAZY zionists like himself would have anyone believe that criticism of Israel means you are an anti-semite. He sounds just like a typical redneck American who says any criticism of America means you hate America and are a commie.

As for BF, I agree that affirmative action is problematic, but it probably will not go away until humanity removes an inherent desire among people to discriminate based on race. For example, lots of people think it's fine to hire people based on who they personally get along with best, which often allows for racial or religious or any other discrimination.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Actually I just forgot that BF is the same person who recently said that Blacks have nothing to blame but themselves since they've had a whopping 40 years since segregation was outlawed!
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't think I quite put it that way but I did say that we are far enough away now from large scale racism that it shouldn't be used as an excuse anymore. It's time to put up and I believe they are fully capable of doing so.
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Without regard it was demeaning.. I will be convinced with greater minority representation the next RNC, what was there something like 1 or 2% minority representation at that event?.. compare to something like 44% at the DNC... whether they are racist is only part of the issue, as they do not look like they embrace diverse cultures.

Have Rush, Hannity, Coulter and all the rest of the pillars of the RNC embraced and annointed Steele??? That is the indicator of whether this guy will be successful.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Michael the new and improved "magic negro", will unite this party and make it a truly diverse party... yea right. One thing I did read is that he is not a big embracer of Palinmania..
  17. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Blacks are not stupid. They can see through the Republican deception.

Michael Steele = Clarence Thomas = Condoleeza Rice = Oreo cookies

18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So what's with the complete disrespect for this man? How long will it be before Michael Steele becomes the left's "worst person in the world"? I'm sure the press is hard at work digging up as much dirt as possible even as I type this and I suspect it will be inside a day before it's plastered all over this board(see Oreo cookie above). All this while all benefit of the doubt is given to our new tax evading treasury secretary and not even a peep about Tom Daschle's own tax evasion.........but I digress.

So let me get this straight

Dungy.....first black head coach to win a superbowl=good
    Obama....first black president=good
    Rice........first black secretary of state=bad
    Steele.....first black RNC chairman=bad
    Thomas...first conservative black on supreme court=bad

I get it now
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

Dirt like "Oh my GOD he smoked a cigarette again!" "What about his Aunt Zeituni!" "His cousin in Kenya lives on $12 a year" "Where's His Birth Certificate??!?!?!?!?" "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" "He's really a Muslim..."?

The only transparency in the GOP is in its strategy, and this selection is one more example of that fact. It's a joke. The RNC gets caught red-handed BEING insensitive, then tried to explain to everybody how they need a sense of humor, then says "look we fixed it!" You really think without the "Barack the Magic Negro" CD, that the selection would have been the same?

Hey, perhaps so. Perhaps not. I can't tell you what the GOP "woulda coulda shoulda" done, but I can tell you how this looks from the POV of a non-Republican. Cynical and transparent.

Still -- it is a gesture. It is the GOP trying to display a new direction, and that will be enough for some. I think the move does buy a tiny bit of redemption.

As tokenism, it will ultimately fail; if it is rather a harbinger of a new direction for the GOP, however, it will be the unexpected beginning of a comeback story.

We will see.

PFnV