PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Silver (Yahoo): A Growing Disconnect Between Brady, Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think Geddie72 is actually a Colts' troll.

Dropping the modified f-bombs will soon make Geddie72 a former poster, regardless of which team (s)he follows.

Actually, I think Geddie72 is actually a Colts' troll.

Regardless, I don't know why anyone bothers responding. I just assumed "it" was a Jets troll since that's what we usually get 'round these parts.

Last edited:
Regardless, I don't know why anyone bothers responding. I just assumed "it" was a Jets troll since that's what we usually get 'round these parts.

It is fun showing how ludicrious his/her arguments are. I guess I am just killing time in a long offseason. His/her assertion that it is a fact that there will be a team in Los Angeles just tickled my fancy.

Hey Chico, you dummy, it will be either the Vikings, 49'ers or Bills. 3 teams with the right QB and right coach all could win a Super Bowl. It won't be an expansion franchise you clown. ...

What are you, 12?

Neither the Vikings, Bills nor 49ers is playing in LA in 2011. (No team is.) And the Bills won't be SB contenders.

This article is 100% true. I mean you are an idiot if you think this guy made this up out of thin air.

So is this part of Silver's article true too:

I don’t believe it will come to this. I think the Krafts want Brady to stay with the team for the foreseeable future, and my sense is that he’ll put aside his desire to play near both of his sons and embrace a return to the organization.

Growing disconnect in Brady contract talks - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

So it is 100% true that after some contentious negotiations, Brady will resign with the team? You can't have it both ways. You can't cherry pick parts of the article and say they are true.

haha, ive stopped reading yahoo writers, i would bet 90% of the ppl on this board would do a better job

Ah! Michael Silver. Remember this one from May 2007?

SI.com - Writers - Michael Silver: New England gets the player, but loses its soul - Wednesday May 2, 2007 2:41PM

'What the Patriots no longer have, as of this past weekend, is the moral high ground.

That's what happens when you trade for the league's most gutless quitter -- a move, sources in the organization say, that was driven largely by star quarterback Tom Brady's frequent communication with a player he should by all rights revile. At the ensuing press conference, coach Bill Belichick cited "competitiveness" and "professionalism" as reasons the sports world's poster child for selfishness will fit in with the Pats.'

Yup! This is the guy whose opinions on the Patriots everyone should pay close attention to. :bricks:

I think the problem with throwing something like this out there - especially when you have a national audience - is that it's going to be cited by hundreds of sites, blogs, writers, etc. and it creates an unnecessary buzz over something that could end up being a non-issue.

I don't know if his intention is to try to rile some feathers and get someone from Brady's camp to say something (or some 'unnamed source' from the Patriots), or if he had another motive when he wrote it. I don't fault him for wondering - but using the word 'disconnect' in the context it was painted in makes it sound like there's definitely a problem, when there may in fact not be. The team could still simply be trying to look at the numbers to formulate a deal that makes sense for both sides, and they just haven't made it work yet. Obviously they want to keep him - but they're clearly going to make sure financially it makes sense considering the other deals they're trying to get done.

Only Brady and his agent know if that's the case, but I'd be shocked if a deal didn't get done eventurally. Obviously if history is any indication, the negotiations involving his previous contract were pretty quiet and the news came out of the blue when it finally did happen.

They know what they have and there's no way they want to let him get away, so unless he's decided to play out the year and leave - I just can't see a deal not coming to fruition.

But you can already see this steamrolling - USA Today has picked it up and I'm sure there will be plenty more. So I guess if he's trying to shake the tree and get an apple to fall we'll hear if someone opens their mouth and says something. If it works, then I guess 'mission accomplished'.

My two cents :rolleyes:

In the meantime let's not turn this into a 'Michael Silver Sucks" thread. It's O.K. to disagree, but let's keep it civil and intelligent.

Last edited:
Irsay's style of negotiation is to drop his pants, bend over and wait to see what happens. Pretty astute business man, especially in light of Manning's desire to personally account for as much of salary cap (whatever form that takes under a new CBA) as possible.

Yeah, pretty much. I love how these pundits always say "look at how much this team or that team pays their players compared to the Patriots" - and how many of those teams won three Super Bowls in four years and went 16-0 on their way to a fourth?

Don't get me wrong, I give Indy credit for putting together such consistently good teams in the salary cap era, and doing it with Pay-me-a-ton taking up 3/4 of the cap space. "I'm committed to helping this team win. As long as I can make $100 million in the process." If Brady were pissed about the amount of money Peyton makes, he would have left New England a long time ago.

And let's just say for a moment that there was no salary cap and the Patriots threw money at players like drunken sailors working for the Yankees' front office. Then all you'd ever hear is "The Patriots suck because they overpay their players. Look at how much Buffalo spends on their players. They don't ever win, but at least they don't give a ton of money to people every year."

The worst thing about this time of year is that there's no football being played to refute these pundit clowns. At least when Tom Jackson made his legendarily stupid "They hate their coach" statement, it was only a few hours before he was proven wrong.

In the meantime let's not turn this into a 'Michael Silver Sucks" thread. It's O.K. to disagree, but let's keep it civil and intelligent.

I don't know, Ian.

Michael Silver appears to be an opportunistic idiot who throws out controversial negative opinions to get attention. He would be ignored by every sane person if he did not also try to create the impression that he has inside information. As it is, his track record is pitiful.

It sounds to me as if you summed it up quite succinctly. :)

I don't know, Ian.

Michael Silver appears to be an opportunistic idiot who throws out controversial negative opinions to get attention. He would be ignored by every sane person if he did not also try to create the impression that he has inside information. As it is, his track record is pitiful.

It sounds to me as if you summed it up quite succinctly. :)

Believe me, I completely understand and trust me - I don't care if anyone disagrees with him writing it because clearly I don't agree with it either. He's created a mess - and I guess the only good thing (as fans) that may come out of this is someone who 'may be in the know' is going to start digging into this (ie: like an Adam Schefter, etc.), and may be able to either prove/disprove his statement and we'll actually hear what's really going on :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This article should really be called A Growing Disconnect Between National Mediots and Local Beat Writers.

:rofl: You are so right BradyManny.
Forget what ANY mediot writes on this topic in the coming days and months.
There is no way Mr. Robert Kraft ever lets Tom Brady walk away.
The franchise QB and the owner are very close. The owner was at Tom's wedding in Costa Rica. Not the coach, the owner.
Tom Brady will retire a Patriot.

Geddie has mention this before in a thread months ago, so he's not just pulling this out of his a**. However, the way Geddie goes about it may get him banned.

With that said, I live near the LA area and I haven't heard too much about a team in LA. The one thing that is still holding them back which single handily cost them the expansion franchise in '99 was a new stadium. In my opinion, the best team for Los Angeles would be the San Diego Chargers which are in dire need of a new stadium.

I wouldn't be shocked if Brady left but I just don't see it happening unless he has a terrible season and shows signs that he's done. And didn't he meet his future wife at a Patriots game?

I'm not worried at all about this:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...wner_kraft_is_investing_in_the_future/?page=2

But he's also aware there's a fairly significant team-specific issue on his fans' minds. That would be Tom Brady's contract situation, as the franchise quarterback approaches the final season of a six-year deal.

And while he maintains there's no timetable for getting Brady locked up, Kraft emphasized that since both sides have an interest in a deal, there isn't a whole lot to be worked up about.
"We're very lucky to have him as our quarterback and we want him to be our quarterback for a long time into the future,'' Kraft said. "Everything he represents is pretty special. He's a winner. We're privileged to have him a part of the New England Patriots organization.''

For that organization, and the league it plays in, uncertain days may be ahead. But today, they all keep moving forward.

"For us, it's been business as usual,'' Kraft said. "I can't speak for other people. For us, it's business as usual. You just have to be more flexible in your plan because you don't know what the rules are going to be. That's the only thing that tempers what we're doing.''

Last edited:
I called this a long time ago. And if you know people who know Tom, he's gone.

GEDDIE - Why do you post here? Every time you do, everything that comes out of your mouth is so unintelligent and never supported by facts...

Great its only a matter of time before Espn jumps on this , and starts speculating where would brady go... ?? I think its a ploy from the Brady camp to jumpstart negotiations...

You clowns are such homers. I mean I can't believe you people.
No. We deal in reality. You, on the other hand, deal in tons of conjecture and spewing idiocy.

FACT: The Pats haven't won in 7 years folks, wake up smell the coffee. Brady can have a ton of money, live in LA, see his son every week and finish his career on top. An I'm a fuking Village idiot. This whole message board is full of village idiots you fuking clowns. I mean do you guys even know how an athlete thinks. You think he's going to sign here for some blind loyalty to the Krafts who are trying to *** over his whole Union. Wow. You guys are really, really uneducated dumb people.

The Pats haven't won in 6 years, moron. Not 7. Yes, you are the "fuking village idiot."

FACT: There WILL be a team in LA in 2011.

This is NOT fact. This is pure conjecture.
Try these on:

FACT: Los Angeles has NOT been able to hold onto a franchise.
FACT: Los Angeles has had 3. The Chargers, who moved to San Diego. The Rams, who moved to St. Louis. And the Raiders, who moved from Oakland to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland.

Now, listen. The Krafts were the ones who helped get the boost in revenue through on the LAST CBA. They aren't the ones trying to screw over the whole union. Also, just because Brady is in the Union doesn't mean he's gone out of his way to support them.

As for how an "athlete" thinks, I am pretty sure most of us here have a better idea how a professional athlete thinks than some Romper Room reject like yourself who has proven, time and again, to spew dumbness than actual fact.

Last edited:
Fuking dopes. Enjoy Tom's last season here.

I'll put $100 down that says Tom Brady RETIRES with the Patriots and won't play for another team before that retirement.

Looks like he's been reading some old threads on this board.

A whole lot of conjecture, not much substance. Enjoy.

LINK

I could be wrong. He might have Kraft or Brady whispering in his ear.

However he is the guy Raider fans point to as "proof" that the tuck was never called before the snow bowl. Before the NFL redid their site (2004, I think) I had links to regular season game reports of it being called i the regular season of 2001.

I've never read his "correction" column. I was a better reporter than him, and I'm not a reporter.

He has no creditability as far as I'm concerned. I'm sad that Yahoo pays him.

Hey Chico, you dummy, it will be either the Vikings, 49'ers or Bills. 3 teams with the right QB and right coach all could win a Super Bowl. It won't be an expansion franchise you clown. If you read the article, an knew anything about journalism, the lines Silver is using have come from someone who has spoken to both sides. This article is 100% true. I mean you are an idiot if you think this guy made this up out of thin air. A deal could get done, but that doesn't mean it will. Meaning if the pats sit on this too long they will be sorry they did.

It won't be the Vikings.

The 49ers are in San Fran for the foreseeable future due to their contract with the stadium up there.

The Bills? Nope.. They will move to Toronto before they move to Los Angeles. You should have said JACKSONVILLE. Then you'd be closer to being correct.

As for reading the article, any person with even 10% of a brain knows that Silver did NOT talk directly to Brady or to anyone on the Pats management staff. If you had, you'd know that Silver is using the infamous "person close to the situation" or "anonymous source."

This article isn't 100% true. An article based on conjecture can't be. It MIGHT have some truth to it, but the author didn't verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes