PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Silver/SI Oops!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../04/11/ultimate.mock.part1/index.html?cnn=yes

Who can spot the rather glaring and obvious error on #24?

(And no, this isn't a "draft forum thread" - - it involves current NFLers, amongst them Tom Brady)

I guess he covered the omission with this disclaimer:

"The concept is the same as it was last year and in 2005. We take the current year's draft order, minus trades -- in other words, all picks are returned to the teams that originally owned them -- and pretend that anyone on earth is available."

"The concept is the same as it was last year and in 2005. We take the current year's draft order, minus trades -- in other words, all picks are returned to the teams that originally owned them -- and pretend that anyone on earth is available."
That's my guess too - so it isn't an error.

Not the one that you mentioned, but I would bet just about anything on it that there isn't one single GM in the league that would take DeAngelo Hall over Richard Seymour.

That is downright laughable.

The whole concept of the article is beyond laughable (and not in the way Silverman intended). It's just stupid.

You're right, my bad. Just call me the pot and Silver is the kettle.

I continued to be amazed at how high people value Dwight Freeney. He is a one trick pony who couldn't even get that right last year. Now obviously the Colts still did pretty well but to have him go 15 overall, only 1 pick behind Peppers and 10 picks ahead of Seymour is a little much. But I guess to each their own.

Well, there is an error, just not the one you mentioned: DeMeco Ryans is listed as a WR.

The whole concept of the article is beyond laughable (and not in the way Silverman intended). It's just stupid.

I agree it's dumb.

I disagree that the artcile is dumb, but even if it was dumb, so what? Dumb stuff is good for a chuckle - don't be so offended someone expects you to enjoy some useless frivolity, geez'um.

News Flash - about 3/4 of the entire world (and 85% of American women) probably would think spending hours a week on a fan frenzy website like this is "dumb."

No mistake about Silver thinking Brady is the very best since Silver says in the opening pick that Tommy Boy is who he would pick.

Not really. ;)

My thoughts exactly.

And to defend my position that the article is a waste of time: I have no problem with things being stupid for the sake of being stupid to get a laugh, but I didn't find the article even amusing; the idiocy of this piece stuck out too much for me to get entertainment out of it.

I like this article too. It's obviously not serious, so enjoy it as historical fiction.

I thought maybe the error in #24 was that Seattle plays in a dome. Maybe they're outside these days?

What is stupid about it is the concept. Picking current NFLers based on team's current needs... Well I am sorry but if you told me that someone just took Tom Brady and Richard Seymour off the Pats, I am NOT picking Adrian Wilson... I am going after Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Ben Rothlisberger (considering better QBs were already taken) or some other remaining defensive stud.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back