PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Sam

One thing I will never understand is why Ninkovich is listed at 6'2". He was 6 feet, 3⅛ inches tall at the combine 8 years ago. Sam was 6 feet, 1⅝ inches at the senior bowl this year. That's a full inch and a half difference.

Also, I think Ninkovich is a very underrated athlete in space. He's not fast, but he's smooth. Sam looked awful in space at the senior bowl. It took years for Ninkovich to become a productive NFL player, and I think we're looking at the same type of situation with Sam, best case scenario.

yeah he seems like someone who will start as a rotational guy and can build into a solid pass rusher if he develops well. If he could play LB then he would probbaly be taken 2-3 round but being strictly a DE who is undersized he seems likely to go in the 4th-5th. He looks like a situational pass rusher, which is still something teams need. If he falls out of the 4th-5h then the pats should absolutely grab him late because they really don't have a good situational pass rusher on the roster right now if Jamie Collins moves to LB fulltime.

Reminds me of Larry English. Short guy who is too short and stubby to play end and too thick and slow to play LB.

COULD convert to LB, but it's a long process and there isn't a whole lot of space on teams for that...unless it's the practice squad.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back