PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Ryder Out Benoit Pouliot In

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Michael Ryder gets 2 years / $7 million from the Dallas Stars - great timing for Michael and good luck to him - he helped us win a cup but that price is to steep for his production here on the 3rd line.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Bruins Insider» Blog Archive » B’s sign Habs FA Pouliot

The Bruins made a minor splash on Day 1 of NHL free agency, signing former Canadiens winger Benoit Pouliot to a one-year deal reportedly worth $1.1 million. Pouliot was the No. 4-overall pick of Minnesota in 2005, but hasn’t exactly prospered. He had just 13-17–30 last season for the Habs and is seen as a chronic underachiever. He has 37-35–72 totals in 183 career games.

Pouliot did not endear himself to the Bruins when he had a fight with the much smaller David Krejci this season.
But Pouliot is 6-foot-3, 199 pounds, and just 24, so maybe he’s worth a shot. The B’s may see him as a replacement for departed UFA Mike Ryder, who signed a two-year deal with Dallas.

Decent minor signing to keep depth and competition for ice time on the team.

we had 11 M free in Cap space

what else do we address?

we had 11 M free in Cap space

what else do we address?

Other than signing Stamkos if we could, well we should really, we could be the team of the decade with that.

I think we are better off using it to extend rather than sign players and lose draft picks. We have:

Horton - Krecji - Lucic
Marchand - Begeron - Seguin
Paille - Kelley - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Caron

Just throwing them on lines because who knows where they go.
For anyone we sign we have to let one go ... which one?
Of that above group 6 of them are centers which is a nice luxury.

Last edited:
We won the Cup... we should remain absolutely quiet in FA'cy and extend OUR players rather than picking up a new acquisition.

Stamkos is going to PHILLY we do not need him for 1 year.

I want Horton and the bunch we have extended. Seguin and Marchand will only get better we are solid @ D and our Goalie is the BEST:)

Philly ha cleared soooo much cap space

Last edited:
Stamkos is going to PHILLY we do not need him for 1 year.

I want Horton and the bunch we have extended. Seguin and Marchand will only get better we are solid @ D and our Goalie is the BEST:)

Philly ha cleared soooo much cap space

I would really love to see Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin on a line. I don't think Claude will do it but I would love to see it. That would be our energy line and a great one at that. Funny that Seguin is a center but we're better off with Krecji and Bergeron centering the top 2 lines and we're wasting Seguin on a 3rd line.

24 is young keyser... I wouldn't say he is "Terrible" bad analysis.:eek:

we are very fortunate we did not have 3-4 above avg or good players hitting FA'cy this year. VERY LUCKY:cool:

say no to Stamkos:D He would be a LUXURY, but we LOSE out LONG-TERM. He is not an Ovechkin I feel he needs to be fed the puck a lot to be effective. Horton Lucic Marchand Seguin are the young bodies we keep and extend. Kos is a sniper no doubt... however we don't need him

When do you think Dougie Hamilton will be up w/ big club??? I assume we keep in minors for 1/2 year or more. I doubt he gets the Seguin treatment. We do lose Kaberle who sucked here imo. Could Dougie Fresh step right in or does he need a lot of fine tuning???

Last edited:
When do you think Dougie Hamilton will be up w/ big club??? I assume we keep in minors for 1/2 year or more. I doubt he gets the Seguin treatment. We do lose Kaberle who sucked here imo. Could Dougie Fresh step right in or does he need a lot of fine tuning???

Hard to say. He needs to get stronger just like any other kid coming into the NHL. We have the luxury of having Chara and Seidenberg, McQuaid, Ference, and Boychuck. We added Joe Corvo who should be ok and we have Matt Bartkowski from the trade with Florida ready to be brought back up.

I think if he hits the weights and shows he can be physical we could see him in the NHL this coming season. If not probably the next.

24 is young keyser... I wouldn't say he is "Terrible" bad analysis.:eek:

we are very fortunate we did not have 3-4 above avg or good players hitting FA'cy this year. VERY LUCKY:cool:

say no to Stamkos:D He would be a LUXURY, but we LOSE out LONG-TERM. He is not an Ovechkin I feel he needs to be fed the puck a lot to be effective. Horton Lucic Marchand Seguin are the young bodies we keep and extend. Kos is a sniper no doubt... however we don't need him

I'm 21, I guess I could suit up for the Bruins and I wouldn't be awful because I'm young? Yeah, my comment was bad analysis :rolleyes:

How about judging him on his play? That might be a better concept. Or how about the fact he is a known LAZY player who needs series motivation?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 21, I guess I could suit up for the Bruins and I wouldn't be awful because I'm young? Yeah, my comment was bad analysis :rolleyes:

How about judging him on his play? That might be a better concept. Or how about the fact he is a known LAZY player who needs series motivation?

you don't have the genetic pedigree keyser- I had it before tumors cancer etc hit me from 10 y/o's and 15-18 and 23

I had that Ryan Westmoreland surgery and there went sports dominance.

Age means a lot. Young legs and he has the ability to get huge and strong.

I was jacked up until my last bout... depression chemo consumed my life... my muscle atrophed from chemo and me not using them.

21 haha at 21 I was 215 10% Bodyfat at 6 ft...

my point is you could never play D1 sports or for the Bruins:singing:

once you get a clue about age hormones like TEST and HGH all natural kind you produce. Come back and talk when you understand them.

If you have a solid GENETIC foundation the sky is the limit... nature vs nurture. Nature is you and what you are Genetically

use common sense then comeback :)

FYI that brain surgery for my malformation effed my SPORTS to ****. Dominance died then **** happens

I just laugh when u use age and do not think why it is important lol check hormone levels sly guy

Last edited:
you don't have the genetic pedigree keyser- I had it before tumors cancer etc hit me from 10 y/o's and 15-18 and 23

I had that Ryan Westmoreland surgery and there went sports dominance.

Age means a lot. Young legs and he has the ability to get huge and strong.

I was jacked up until my last bout... depression chemo consumed my life... my muscle atrophed from chemo and me not using them.

21 haha at 21 I was 215 10% Bodyfat at 6 ft...

my point is you could never play D1 sports or for the Bruins:singing:

once you get a clue about age hormones like TEST and HGH all natural kind you produce. Come back and talk when you understand them.

If you have a solid GENETIC foundation the sky is the limit... nature vs nurture. Nature is you and what you are Genetically

use common sense then comeback :)

FYI that brain surgery for my malformation effed my SPORTS to ****. Dominance died then **** happens

I just laugh when u use age and do not think why it is important lol check hormone levels sly guy

Quick question, what the **** are you talking about? And how about you just space out you sentences like you learned in school. Christ, you're all over the place. Find a topic and stick to it, not 20 random thoughts.

I'm 6'0 180, you need to lose so weight. I was all state in high school football. Who the **** are you to tell me I couldn't play D1 football. Because you know me right? Pick a sport, and I'm sure I would run circles around you kiddo. I don't have a genetic pedigree? :rofl: god you're random and dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, what the **** are you talking about? And how about you just space out you sentences like you learned in school. Christ, you're all over the place. Find a topic and stick to it, not 20 random thoughts.

I'm 6'0 180, you need to lose so weight. I was all state in high school football. Who the **** are you to tell me I couldn't play D1 football. Because you know me right? Pick a sport, and I'm sure I would run circles around you kiddo. I don't have a genetic pedigree? :rofl: god you're random and dumb.

only b/c pf my many cancer setbacks and the malformation brain surgery. Hockey was my sport growing up. Dad said no to Papa Joe Penn State because they had no D-1 hockey program and just club; he was drafted by Browns and Canucks. I know I would have destroyed you :) if I had a clean bill of health. Prep is where it is at bet you were just a pubby I bet and their teams are weaker. I'm not dumb---> 215lbs 10% body-fat is D-1 linebacker big for a 6 foot soldier... 5.21 40 for my height and weight. 5.21 is not bad for all the Cancer set backs and @ 215 10% body fat. 35 more pounds than you.

I am not that anymore w/ cancer again @ 23. w/e I'm alive and talking to you Ponder

I am done w/ this p3nis measuring contest Mr. "Christian Ponder is better than Tom Brady". Cancer and Brain surgery at 11 effed me.

Keyser 180lbs is small. u must not lift much. Light weights instead of heavy Keyser??? Do 6-8 reps or 4-5 reps to get big which u r not 10% bodyfat is Perfect. 5% is swtupid and anything lower is dangerous.

Last edited:
only b/c pf my many cancer setbacks and the malformation brain surgery. Hockey was my sport growing up. Dad said no to Papa Joe Penn State because they had no D-1 hockey program and just club; he was drafted by Browns and Canucks. I know I would have destroyed you :) if I had a clean bill of health. Prep is where it is at bet you were just a pubby I bet and their teams are weaker. I'm not dumb---> 215lbs 10% body-fat is D-1 linebacker big for a 6 foot soldier... 5.21 40 for my height and weight. 5.21 is not bad for all the Cancer set backs and @ 215 10% body fat. 35 more pounds than you.

I am not that anymore w/ cancer again @ 23. w/e I'm alive and talking to you Ponder

I am done w/ this p3nis measuring contest Mr. "Christian Ponder is better than Tom Brady". Cancer and Brain surgery at 11 effed me.

Keyser 180lbs is small. u must not lift much. Light weights instead of heavy Keyser??? Do 6-8 reps or 4-5 reps to get big which u r not 10% bodyfat is Perfect. 5% is swtupid and anything lower is dangerous.

I know more about nutrition than you do. My weight is normal/healthy for my size, you should cut down on the snacks. I really don't care about your fitness pre and post cancer either.

Funny, you were the only one in the draft chatroom that thought I was series with my Ponder comments. You fell for the bait countless times, showing your intelligence it seems.

Brain surgery explains a lot, LOL.

I know more about nutrition than you do. My weight is normal/healthy for my size, you should cut down on the snacks. I really don't care about your fitness pre and post cancer either.

Funny, you were the only one in the draft chatroom that thought I was series with my Ponder comments. You fell for the bait countless times, showing your intelligence it seems.

Brain surgery explains a lot, LOL.

Know more than me in Training and Nutrition???:pigsfly::yeeha::rofl::rofl::rofl:

brain surgery---> it is all good. My genetics>yours you want a STUD child let me know.
"healthy bodyweight" what told you that that FALSE BMI chart??? get BIG then talk:) it is unfortunate I lost my 135 military press 15 rep for warm up/
if you knew nutrition wizard you would know Muscle needs calories to sustain itself. You need 1g-1.5 g's protein per lb of body weight.

you can stay at 180 small time:cool:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back