PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWHiggins

Rookie
Reaction score
I know that most of the people on this board have not seen this guy play much before. He is not a guy who goes out and puts up HUGE numbers, but he was more important to PSU than Reggie Bush was to USC. Take him off of the PSU team and they go 7-4 at best. The guy is a football player and is tough as nails. If you don't think that he can play RB, watch for the hit while on Minnesota's safety on the 2005 review: http://www.gopsusports.com/pennstatestory/home.html.
Answering the question of "Will he be able to switch positions in the NFL?" His passing numbers greatly improved over the first 3 years of his career to last season becuase he puts in so much work in the offseason to get better. I'm sure that all of you draft gurus probably thought that H. Ward wouldn't be able to play WR in the NFL too. If you don't think that he can play WR at the next level find a clip of the TD catch from the 2004 season against Wisconsin or Purdue. Once you see it you will know for sure the one I'm talking about.
And the comment that really has bugged me the most was the post saying that David Givens was more athletic coming out of college!!! Are you kidding me???? There are very few players coming out in the past couple years that can boast a 6 foot 2 frame, weigh in at 220 and still run in the 4.5 sec range for a 40. He'll take the best shot any player can give me and get up and lead his team in any way he can. I don't care what level or position you are talking about, Michael Robinson could play on my team any day.

Thank you JW, I find your analysis most informative. Watch the hoopla after the combine as Robinson makes an impression on the talent scene - wish we could have a pool to see what round he is drafted in.

What's with all the hype about this guy? Sure he was a good leader on the PSU team, but he can't pass, and hasn't shown the natural ability needed to play WR, or the desire to quite frankly. He has no experience at any other position, so there's no use in wasting a pick on him to play RB or DB when there's others who have dedicated their lives to playing the position.

And what's the big mystery about his draft stock? He's a mid to late 2nd day pick. I could see some team trying to experiment with him in the 5th, but the more likely guess would be in the 6th or 7th.

JWHiggins said:
There are very few players coming out in the past couple years that can boast a 6 foot 2 frame, weigh in at 220 and still run in the 4.5 sec range for a 40.

Really? Maybe ten years ago. By my recollection there's about 10 every year, and maybe more, depending on how wide the "4.5 range" is.

Just from last year:

Derrick Johnson
Thomas Davis
Vincent Jackson
Matt Jones
Tab Perry
Chase Lyman
Eric Shelton
Kay-Jay Harris
Adam Seward
Ronald Bartell
David McMillan

Last edited:
I watched every game that PSU played this year. I went to all the home games. I know what Robinson can do. I probably know the most about him than anyone else in this draft class (besides maybe Tamba Hali, who I watched for every snap on the defensive side of the ball) Honestly, I think he main strength is his ability to create from the pocket, with the ball in his hands. I think if he goes to wide reciever, he can help, but the reason he was such an important leader and he was so effective was because he had the ball in his hands EVERY SNAP. I'm not sure if he can do the same things without the ball. With Mills last year, he was our only legitimate playmaking skills guy, and we werent very good. Think about that, because Mills holds a lot of PSU records, and Robinson was alwas his go to guy. I'm not sure that is saying much as Robinson as a reciever. He is a great leader, but I'm not so sure he will make it to the next level...

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I watched every game that PSU played this year. I went to all the home games. I know what Robinson can do. I probably know the most about him than anyone else in this draft class (besides maybe Tamba Hali, who I watched for every snap on the defensive side of the ball) Honestly, I think he main strength is his ability to create from the pocket, with the ball in his hands. I think if he goes to wide reciever, he can help, but the reason he was such an important leader and he was so effective was because he had the ball in his hands EVERY SNAP. I'm not sure if he can do the same things without the ball. With Mills last year, he was our only legitimate playmaking skills guy, and we werent very good. Think about that, because Mills holds a lot of PSU records, and Robinson was alwas his go to guy. I'm not sure that is saying much as Robinson as a reciever. He is a great leader, but I'm not so sure he will make it to the next level...
I value your report, therefore instead of grabbing him in the 3rd or 4th, maybe we can take a chance on him in the 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes