PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Oher (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I didn't see him play once this season. Anyone have any thoughts on how he played, what his best NFL position will be, etc?

Re: Michael Oher

I was just about to post something in here on the kid. Here are some links to information about him, so posters can make up their mind whether he'd be a worthy prospect for NE:

Michael Lewis book, The Blind Side

NY Times article (registration needed)

Youtube link #1

Youtube link #2

(All links stolen from various posters at KFFL, where I still have no posting rights after a year.)

I got to watch him a couple of times this past season. He can play OT or OG. He has had a hard life to say the least.
At the NFL level I can not see him being a monster road grader.

hes very athletic...quick feet long arms. i think he can be a pro LT

I was just about to post something in here on the kid. Here are some links to information about him, so posters can make up their mind whether he'd be a worthy prospect for NE:

Michael Lewis book, The Blind Side

NY Times article (registration needed)

Youtube link #1

Youtube link #2

(All links stolen from various posters at KFFL, where I still have no posting rights after a year.)

I read the book, my all accounts he is a freak of nature but very raw. I am not in favor of spending $6-8M per year on a project.

I now see he's coming out, I had heard he was leaning the other way. Anyway, I don't see us taking him at #7 but he's a very interesting guy for sure. Most think he has more LT upside than Long and also learns well, just differently. He interests me but probably only if we trade down.

I dunno if anyone has read Michael Lewis' book The Blind Side but its basically a book about the evolution of the left tackle and the story of Michael Oher's life - in it Lewis talks a lot about how Oher is a prototypical left tackle physically, but mentally he has a serious issue grasping concepts unless it is broken down to him in a certain way (not saying he isn't intelligent, he's just had a really hard life and it looks like theres a little cognitive disconnect in how he processes info) Given those circumstances, I really doubt that BB/Pioli take a shot at the guy, especially in the first two rounds.

He's going back to school after previously declaring. Saw it on the ESPN bottom line.

Micheal Oher?

The outstanding tackle from Ole Miss is coming out or the draft. How would you fell about taking him with pick 64 if he's there?

Re: Micheal Oher?

The outstanding tackle from Ole Miss is coming out or the draft. How would you fell about taking him with pick 64 if he's there?

He's not coming out. He changed his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots