Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michael Moore's next documentary: Fahrenheit 9/11½ (2008)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 8, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.malibuartsreviews.com/news/070807moore.html

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

we're not worthy, Michael!!!!... but, please... get it in theaters BEFORE the end of 2008, would you?....

ah well ... they'll probably silence Moore somehow before he gets to finish this work... some bullsh!t tax charge, or something equally pathetic... or maybe they'll just create a new law whereby criticizing the executive branch within mainstream art would be a felony ...

if he needed it, i'd give a month's salary towards the production of this film... maybe two... fortunately, Michael Moore won't need it... and he could be done with it within months... there's just too much material already since the summer of '04 when he offered Fahrenheit... this new film makes itself....

To boot, Moore is now in-production for the next expected blockbuster documentary Fahrenheit 9/11½ (2008), executive produced by Harvey Weinstein and produced by Jim Czarnecki, Kathleen Glynn and Moore, where the now famed director continues his investigation into what happened to America after September 11 and the Bush Administration's alleged manipulation of the tragic event to push forward its agenda for unjust wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This second in the series of documentaries is expected to continue Fahrenheit 9/11's allegations of covert ties between the Bin Laden and Bush families, the illegal wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq and exploding gas prices. If this sequel is anything like the first release, box office predictions can expect the film to gross nearly $120 million in U.S. box office, and over $220 million worldwide in addition to first-day DVD sales of two million copies, which was also a record for the genre.

it sells because people know something is f'ed up with this administration...
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This guy could crap golden eggs and find a cure for world hunger, but will be minimized and called fat by the right. He is the favorite whipping boy of Rush, Savage and crew.. without regard he could show all the faux pas of this administration, and no one would listen. The tendency to attack the messenger is never more evident than in this situation.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Maybe a makeover would help.....:cool:
    I mean, if he looked like Mitt Romney, maybe people would listen.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    :bricks:
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The lines for the documentary film F911 were around the block. Of course that was a documentary and no one expected it to do as well as it did so the surprise factor has to be weighed in; but still people lined up around the block to watch that documentary. He doesn't have to worry about getting people to listen to what he has to say in his documentaries.

PS: And yes I chose to use the word documentary excessively in the above post because I know how much it twists the tail of certain members here to hear MM's stuff being called documentary films.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

IF it were pretty boy, Edwards they would talk about the price of his haircut.. cannot win with the right wing control of the talk and press media.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

There are some who think the "seven minutes" were fake, too. You keep hearing, "What was he supposed to do, jump up, run out of the room and scare all the little kids?"...well....Yeah! Get your simian arse up off the chair and get on the damn phone at least!
  9. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My problem with Michael Moore is that he's obviously not objective and makes no bones about it. Why should I trust someone with such an obvious bias and agenda to tell me the truth?
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

That's one of his best qualities. Anyone who claims no bias has to be viewed with more cynicism than one who declares a bias, IMO.
    I don't buy everything he says, but a lot of what he says in his docs is true, although framed in his agenda. The trick is picking out the parts that work for your own agenda. That's what I do. :cool:
  11. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

And that's the best way to do it, find things out for yourself. That's what we all should do, but people are too lazy. I don't care that he has a bias, but he makes no attempt to avoid his partisan leanings. You can tell when someone is really trying to be impartial, and he doesn't at all.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Moore:
    The democrats Coulter/Hannity/Limbaugh all rolled up into one big ball of Sh!t.
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

To me, that was his legacy. No matter how much spin his supporters put on those 7 minutes, it was the most inept, irresponsible judgement in the history of the Presidency given the time it takes for a nuclear weapon hit the United States. Given a second chance (how many people get those), he only waited three days to respond to one of the most deadly natural disasters disasters to strike the U.S. But lets not dwell on the past, there's too many soldiers paying the price to fight Bush's vendetta.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Please, give me a break, the guy is just like that POS Rush Limbaugh. They are losers who stretch the truth, or manipulate facts to fit a personal agenda. They are effective in preaching to the 30-40% I always talk about. That doesn't mean either are incapable of making a valid point. It simply means they are FOS 90% of the time. Of course people believe everything they see or hear, and think that because somebody famous says something, it must be true. The dumbification of America.
  15. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This is true. American schools need to teach something called "critical thinking." It seems as if no one has the ability to critically asses any information coming their way these days.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Who listens to Mitt Romney? :confused:

:D
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

It wasn't a documentary and he's stated so. Of course, that didn't stop it from being called one by those who matter most. :D
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

A plane hit a building, and now we were being nuked? People are so revisionist in here.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Exactly. People don't read books, or don't have (make) the time to research the information that it given them. It's your duty to make sure you know both sides. Sadly, the media in this country has become as partisan as our politics. People spew crap, and refuse to give an inch to anyone representing the "opposite" side. No one ever says "you know Mike makes a good point about that" or "I agree with Bob, there's no doubt that was a poor...". All they do is argue, or mention some stupid retort when a good point is made by someone they are not supposed to agree with. Watch the guests on most shows, when there is a lefty & righty on. See which ones will never agree with the other, and which ones actually discuss issues like rational people. The vast majority of the time the guests are worse hacks than the hosts. Anyone, I'm getting off topic a bit. MY point is, no one discusses things anymore, they just try to one up the other guy. This country is getting more retarded because of it. When you find your self picking/defending a side, it's harder for you to think objectively. If Bob is always wrong, then you'll never concede that Bob might be right some times.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, only liberals do those sorts of things... you know, shouting down the opposition on campus, viciously attacking anyone with the audacity to oppose global warming, and trying to pass laws such as the Fairness Doctrine...