PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Lombardi says Peyton Manning had 3rd neck surgery today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Breaking news, Manning has another surgery on neck.

The Colts were on a downswing anyway and had an abysmal offseason. They were probably a 9-7 team going into the year and will be lucky to be 6-10 now as they - as always - have no viable options behind Manning.

I don't wish the same ill we faced in 2008 with Brady on anyone, even Colts fans, so I am not happy about the news. The game is better with Manning playing, so if he is gone all year, it makes the season less entertaining.

I just had a nightmare vision: Colts go 1-15 and sign Andrew Luck! :eek:

They should make up some bull**** excuse and start Curtis Painter to give them the greatest chance of accomplishing this. It's their best case scenario at this point. One bad season and the Colts will be set for more than ten seasons

Last edited:

the colts better NOT finish Last.

Andrew Luck to INDY scares me.

I don't wish injury on anyone, including Peyton, but now let's see what that franchise is made of. When Brady missed an entire season the Patriots still managed an 11-5 record. Let's see if the Colts can even come within earshot of that. I highly doubt it.

They can't because their team isn't arguably the greatest of all time, like the Pats were coming off that 2007 season; their schedule isn't nearly as easy as ours was in 2008 and Kerry Collins isn't as good as Cassel was then. Expect 7 wins tops from the Colts this season.

I don't wish injury on anyone, including Peyton, but now let's see what that franchise is made of. When Brady missed an entire season the Patriots still managed an 11-5 record. Let's see if the Colts can even come within earshot of that. I highly doubt it.

They went 11-5 with:

a) a future Pro Bowl QB
b) a team that just went 16-0
c) one of the easiest schedules in league history

The Colts are in a very different situation. 6-10, best case.

I hate the Colts and Manning, but only because he is good!

So it's a shame he won't be playing! Looks like more hate for the Jest :D

Most likely he never plays again. What was Indy thinking when they gave him a huge signing bonus.

I will miss the Manning Face and when he throws his O-Line under the bus:cool:

I just had a nightmare vision: Colts go 1-15 and sign Andrew Luck! :eek:

Hey, chill. As that brilliant American philosopher Doris Day once remarked, "que sera sera."

So if the Colts go 4-12 ....

Does this hurt Brady's legacy?

I'm hearing alot of people already talking about the fact that if Manning sits for most of the season or the entire season and they have a bad record, it makes the "is Manning more important to his team over Brady" argument more true.

Seeing that when Brady went down in 2008 and Cassell came in and we still had an 11-5 record "supposedly" shows that Manning means more to his team than Brady means to the Partiots.

Thoughts on this?

If I'm the Dolts, I'm throwing the season. Andrew Luck for the next decade sounds pretty good. Manning is done forever after this surgery, I'm sad to say. The guy was a baller.

Re: So if the Colts go 4-12 ....

I'm hearing alot of people already talking about the fact that if Manning sits for most of the season or the entire season and they have a bad record, it makes the "is Manning more important to his team over Brady" argument more true.

Seeing that when Brady went down in 2008 and Cassell came in and we still had an 11-5 record "supposedly" shows that Manning means more to his team than Brady means to the Partiots.

Thoughts on this?

Yes, although the comparison doesn’t make sense because it’s comparing different things people will say “see, it’s a system that makes Brady, without Manning the Colts were nothing, Manning’s better”.

If the Colts went 4-12 with Matt Cassel at QB, maybe. Unfortunately for Indy fans, they have no such backup.

Thoughts on this?

All it means is that the Colts never bothered grooming an even semi-competent backup, whereas the Pats groomed a future Pro Bowler.

I hope they go 12-4 just so we can stop this "Manning-is-the-better-QB-because-look-how-good-the-Pats-were-when-Brady-was-on-IR-and-Brady-is-only-a-product-of-the-system" shenanigans.

If I'm the Dolts, I'm throwing the season. Andrew Luck for the next decade sounds pretty good. Manning is done forever after this surgery, I'm sad to say. The guy was a baller.

But what if Luck decides to stay his senior year? I don't see Luck as an NFL QB, not because of skill, I just think he plays football to please his dad as opposed to playing the game because he loves it, just the impression that I get.

Look, they still have the Jags and the Titans (who are much improved) in their division. I'm sure that they are dancing in the streets of Houston. Could you imagine if the Colts still beat Houston on Sunday? I say 6-10 without him. I wonder if he will be back in week #13?

All it means is that the Colts never bothered grooming an even semi-competent backup, whereas the Pats groomed a future Pro Bowler.

Agreed.

This is what Holley said and Big O agreed but they also mentioned that fact that people wont use this in the equation or something like that.

I honestly don't see it as "hurting" his legacy for the most part. Just shows what kinds of systems and processes we have as compared to other teams.

These two teams are vastly different in that regard. The Patriots have a no "me" policy, while most other teams are dog eat dog. The Colts, although a very good team with some great players still have a team built around one or two players. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back