Welcome to PatsFans.com

Michael Jackson dead by suicide?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

A great talent, a screwed up life. Very sad. (The main media is reporting that he wasn't breathing when paramedics arrived and was rushed to the hospital, so I'm not sure if the report of his death is accurate.)

Top Stories - Global Associated News

In what appears to be an apparent suicide, musician Michael Jackson was pronounced dead as a result of cardiac arrest after consuming more than two-dozen sleeping pills.

Complete details are not yet available, as this story is still developing.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Wolf Blitzer is still reporting he is hospitalized but not dead. They said on the radio he died but no TV new is confirming that at all.

3. mack207

mack207 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

TMZ has been talking to his family members and they are saying that he is dead. No matter what anyone thinks about him personally, I work in music and this death is really hard to comprehend and really shocking for me.

4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I heard it was a heart attack.
    A fifty year old guy attempting a comeback.
    I'm going to remember Michael for the great
    songs he performed in my youth.
    RIP Michael Jackson.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"The man made thriller.....THRILLER...."

-Dave Chappelle on the witness stand

6. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Looks like all sources are reporting he has died. Farrah must be pissed somewhere.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I think it was suicide by heart attack (through pills) because he had gotten gobs of money for his upcoming tour and wasn't ready to perform.

Sad, I was in middle and high school in his heyday, I wasn't a fan but I remember how big he was.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Gov. Sanford gets lucky and cap and trade and the health care stuff now have a few days to proceed and be ignored.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

How true half the news tonite was about Jackson and Fawcett... guess that is more important, Sanford now moves to the back burner..

10. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I like him when he was young because he was a great dancer. The guy was awesome. Honestly, i don't like his 'new' face much. Other than that, he was a good singer and dancer.

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,080 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Justin Timberlake is basically a copy of 1980's Michael Jackson, the Eminem version of pop music.

Michael Jackson was a great talent, but a pedophile weirdo who had a weird fascination with trying to look Caucasian.

13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its hard to really draw conclusions about the guy. I know he broke his nose badly early in his career practicing some complex dance move and its well known that Rhinoplasty can affect one's voice. That may very well be the reason why he had so many nose surgeries. Not to mention the skin disease he claimed to have really does exist and it really does turn skin pale. Maybe that was the exclusive cause of his later skin tone, maybe he had his facial skin lightened to mask the one patch on his face that the disease itself bleached out.

Who knows? All you can say for sure is he made a bunch of real good songs and is indirectly responsible for pushing the Pats towards Kraft. So I say thanks Mike for the music and for being a typical, ego-enhanced musician who absolutely had to have an enormous stage, without that giant stage on the Victory tour, maybe the Sullivans still own the Pats today:eek:

14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

He got Obama elected, didn't he???

//

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

No he did not get Obama elected, he had nothing to do with politics.. he has for the most part been person non grata in most circles after his pedophiliac tendencies were exposed. Most folks viewed him as a "man-child".

16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, I thought the "Obama-girl" thing was at least a little inspired by the Michael Jacksonish "rock star" persona thing. I mean one doesn't have to be directly involved in politics to influence politics. Tiger Woods also probably helped the Obama-man get a few extra looks.

//

17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

These comments remind me of some type of altered states commentary, apparently you have no clue .. wtf is the "Obama girl" thing, never heard that one.

Tiger Woods pretty much stays out of politics...

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Child Molesters are despised and hated throughout the world, priest's and others are scorned and jailed, then one comes along that can sing and dance and he's going to get a "Kings Funeral" I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Holiday named for him.

WHAT HYPOCRITS HUMAN BEINGS ARE

THE WORLD STANDS STILL FOR A CHILD MOLESTER

I WONDER WHAT SANFORDS KIDS THINK, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WANT THEIR FATHER BURNED IN OIL WILL GIVE A PEDOPHILE A STATE FUNERAL AND HOLD CANDLE LIGHT CIRCLE JERKS FOR HIM

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS A FRIGGIN DISGUSTING PEDOPHILE FREAK (he screwed little boys)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Jerry Lee Lewis was clearly a child molester, but that does not deny his talent and his contributions to the world of music. The same goes for Michael Jackson. Regardless of his personal failings, he made important artistic contributions an has contributed more than $300 million to various charities (according to Wikipedia). Also, it's at least worth considering that Michael Jackson was never convicted of child molestation, in part because many of the kids who stayed with him testified in his behalf.

Again from Wikipedia:

Jackson was accused of child sexual abuse by a 13-year-old child named Jordan Chandler and his father Evan Chandler.[80] The friendship between Jackson and Evan Chandler broke down. Sometime afterwards, Evan Chandler was tape-recorded saying amongst other things, "If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over".[81] A year after they had met, under the influence of a controversial sedative, Jordan Chandler told his father that Jackson had touched his penis.[82] Evan Chandler and Jackson, represented by their legal teams, then engaged in unsuccessful negotiations to resolve the issue in a financial settlement; the negotiations were initiated by Chandler but Jackson did make several counter offers. Jordan Chandler then told a psychiatrist and later police that he and Jackson had engaged in acts of kissing, masturbation and oral sex, as well as giving a detailed description of what he alleged were the singer's genitals.[83]

An official investigation began, with Jordan Chandler's mother adamant that there was no wrongdoing on Jackson's part. Neverland Ranch was searched; multiple children and family members denied that he was a pedophile.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Count me as agreeing with Harry on this one. :D

Millions of little boys everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief. :rolleyes:

Grew up in the "Michael" years and never really cared for him, or his music. He has never "grown " on me in the time since.

I feel bad for his family and all that loved him, as I would for ANY personal tragedy. Outside that, this story doesn't move me.

Sorry, just keeping it real Dogs.