PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Irvin: "Wes Welker is the best WR in the NFL. PERIOD!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porto fan here. And that afirmation is just ridiculous.

Xavi is the most overated player in the world right now. You watch a Barcelona game and he is nowhere to be seen most of the time and Iniesta is making all the plays, but Xavi gets all the credit god knows why. Xavi at this point should lose his job to Cesc, as he is younger and better. I know a lot of people dont agree with me, but Iniesta is twice the player that diving prick Xavi is.

But lets stop with football(!) conversation. This is about Wes.

(can't resist)

All Barcelona players dive...

Did I miss something?

I thought I was on a webpage dedicated to a sport for men.

What is being discussed here?

We already know.

You are the best, a manly guy, right? If you think football is a non contact sport I assume you loath basketball right? And baseball, I bet that you love that contact sport which every minute is filled with action and violence, just the sport for men like you...

NFL Videos: Irvin: 'Welker is the best WR in the NFL'

Welker is #1 in yards with 740 and has over 200 more yards than the guy in 3rd place. He's also #1 in catches, #1 in yards after the catch, and #1 in first downs.

He took a dump on Revis Island last week with a 70+ yard BOMB that left Revis confused and angry

He isnt as flashy/primmadonna as a Brandon Marshall or DeSean Jackson, he doesnt have the size and speed of Megatron or Fitzgerald, but he's outplaying those guys every week. The numbers speak for themself.

Thanx for posting this thread. I've enjoyed looking at this a few times along with Youtube clip of Pat's final drive vs Cowboys. Really cool to hear this comin from MI especially before Pats vs C'boys game. Good Stuff!

We already know.

You are the best, a manly guy, right? If you think football is a non contact sport I assume you loath basketball right? And baseball

Of course football is a contact sport. Why else would they where all the pads?

Basketball is also a fantastic sport. Baseball is terrible

i love Irvin but it was a compliment i wouldn't want with an up coming contract in negotiation. He basically said I'd take Andre Johnson(and a few others) if i was starting a team but I'll borrow Welker for a drive. ones reality, ones fantasy.

Irvin's nuts, funny compliment.

Last edited:
Of course football is a contact sport. Why else would they where all the pads?

Basketball is also a fantastic sport. Baseball is terrible

I was talking about 'soccer'.

The Welker beast has been liberated from solely working the middle; we have Gronkowski and Hernandez, so no one can key in on Welker because he's not the only one who can create space in the middle of the field. I'd rather have a guy who has as much versatility as Welker in our system. If we're talking about an offense with Phillip Rivers, I may want Andre Johnson or Megatron. One major issue with Welker is that when you get held as much as he does, the refs can't call it 1/4 of the time that it happens, and Wes can't get off of a hold with his size as well as others.

Come on now, soccer folk. You had to know you were going to run into an 'America, F*** Yeah'/ soccer is for [insert immasculating noun here] person on an NFL forum. Barca plays a style that requires an unbelievable level of chemistry. That's not something you can work together in 5 days every 3 months, particularly with incompetent coaching.

I was talking about 'soccer'.

Is that what you guys were talking about? I was wondering because I had no clue..now I understand that the conversation went to something that 90% of people dont care about.

You're right. Basketball is much more a physical sport than 'soccer'.

I agree with this statement for the most part.

Are you writing 'soccer' like this because you're questioning whether or not it's a sport?

Last edited:
Getting back on track, I find the 1:1 ratio claim with statistical production=greatness to be highly ironic, coming from a fan base which has spent years arguing precisely the opposite when discussing Brady v. Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back