PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Irvin wants to add Belichick’s name to the Lombardi Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BB wins another two, I could see his name being added. This would have to be many years from now.

I could see that as a formal rule--adding the name of any coach who had, say, five Superbowl victories. It would be a way of keeping track of history and giving the geniuses their due. And I can't imagine anyone objecting to this new recognition.

That IS idiotic. I'd like to put this question to this guy: Here's a billion dollars. You're starting a new football team. You can hire any coach you want. Who would you chose?

When Belichick dies, we can discuss it. Since I do not condone Belichick's execution...:)

Don't forget that Belichick also won 2 Superbowls while a Giant's coach, and went to another Superbowl while an assistant Patriot's coach in the 90's. He's been involved in 8 Superbowls total so far.....

Don't forget that Belichick also won 2 Superbowls while a Giant's coach, and went to another Superbowl while an assistant Patriot's coach in the 90's. He's been involved in 8 Superbowls total so far.....

Nice first post, dude. Welcome aboard.

Not sure the SB Trophy is the right thing to do but when all is said and done, BB deserves something to commemorate the standard of excellence and commitment hes made to the game.

The Lombardi trophy was named after Vince after he passed away. I think BB would like to wait awhile before they name anything after him.

I find it fascinating that for years Brady was just the "system quarterback" who had a great coach, and now it's Belichick who is an average coach living off of the success of his Hall of Fame QB. How times have changed.

Not sure the SB Trophy is the right thing to do but when all is said and done, BB deserves something to commemorate the standard of excellence and commitment hes made to the game.

In addition to and following the National Anthem, open every SB with a new paean celebrating the glorious triumphs of BB :D :D :D

Last edited:
How about they just re-name it the "Anybody But the Jets" trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots