PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Irvin rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoney_33

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know I know nothing he says is worth a damn, I'm just getting sick of hearing him say how the colts are unbeatable, it's a fact they win the SB. Talking about the pats have no chance because they can't cover even if they get pressure. This damn idiot is talking like the pats secondary is just gonna sit on the bench and colt WR's will be running on an open field so even instant pressure on manning will result in big plays. Someone shove a sock in his mouth!!

emoney_33 said:
I know I know nothing he says is worth a damn, I'm just getting sick of hearing him say how the colts are unbeatable, it's a fact they win the SB. Talking about the pats have no chance because they can't cover even if they get pressure. This damn idiot is talking like the pats secondary is just gonna sit on the bench and colt WR's will be running on an open field so even instant pressure on manning will result in big plays. Someone shove a sock in his mouth!!

Too busy checking his house and car for his friends' stashes to keep up.

I find it very funny. If you can sift through his ebonics, his comments always seem to be wrong. He was saying the same things before the Pats-Colts playoff game, and then the Pats-Steelers Championship game. He vehemently picked the Colts and Steelers to beat us. That's why I pray that we win it all, or if we don't someone knocks off Indy (no offense Colts fans), just to shut him and most of the other so called experts up. Irvin is the worst of them though, I'd love to piss him off by winning it all again.

He sounds like he is on crack!

He's just worried about our dynasty being better than their Cowboy Dynasty.

andyguitar said:

Its true...as remember how he vented on Aikman for saying, while calling a game, that the Pats dynasty was harder to achieve because of the salary cap issues. Crack boy didnt agree with that at all.

I really hope that ESPN doesnt bring him back next year. I cant believe they did after his latest incident but it would really take them down a notch in whatever credability they have.

His understanding, or lack thereof, of the English language, should have prohibited him from ever doing TV. Then, when you ad in that he is aways wrong and says some very dumb things, you have to wonder how he still sits there week after week. Then the drug thing.
Can someone out there tell me what this guy actually brings to the table in terms of being an analyst? And please don't say game day experience.
This man contributes nothing and yet still picks up, his paycheck.
Just brutal!

Beavis said:
Its true...as remember how he vented on Aikman for saying, while calling a game, that the Pats dynasty was harder to achieve because of the salary cap issues. Crack boy didnt agree with that at all.

It's just wishful thinking on his part. He said the same thing last year. He should be replaced on Sunday Countdown with Darren Woodson next year--who is much more articulate and unbiased. I have no problem with people picking against the Pats--but to say that we have "NO chance," is ridiculous.

andyguitar said:
This is exactly it.

I heard the pipe belonged to Ty Law's cousin. :rolleyes:

Beavis said:

all that crack must of screwed with his head or somthing what a w*****r

emoney_33 said:

...there isn't enough room for the sock when a cawk is in it.

congenial idiot, schizophrenic tailor, great smile

Bella*chick said:
This is exactly it.

i think the crack comes from from the tailor. look i know these east texas towns he's been stopped in. if he doesn't have enough common sense than to drive thru those towns with a pipe under his seat... they should take away his license just for that.
the one word that keeps coming up for me is "loudmouth".
he's another of the guys cosell was referring to when he talked about the jock-ocracy's takeover of sports media.
no command of english language, no journalistic or broadcast training, room-temperature IQ, and bigmouthed to boot.
2 surpirises: the Educated Jocks seldom do well in broadcasting, except collingsworth, randy cross.
what's offensive to me is that the networks put these guys for whom English is a Second Language on the air, and leave some well-spoken people off. irvin's "visually interesting", unpredictable, idiotic, and right up there with yogi berra and dizzy dean for mangling the language.
they, however, were gunuinely funny, humble, men, both first-ballo HOF guys. irvin? bah.

I think ESPN should be fined for leting him back on the air. Are they out of their minds, what message does that send to the children. He has a drug problem, therefore he should be relaxing in a crack house, not on the air abusing the English language and miscommunicating with fellow cast members.

ESPN - please do the right thing and send this guy packing. Show some class for once.

ilduce06410 said:
look i know these east texas towns he's been stopped in. if he doesn't have enough common sense than to drive thru those towns with a pipe under his seat... they should take away his license just for that.

What E. Texas towns has he been stopped in and how do you know them?

Why are you so upset that he doesn't want the PATS to be considered as good as the Cowboys? Does it really matter what he thinks? All great ex-athletes think rather highly of themselves and have huge egos. That is part of what gives them the ability to go out and perform against other great athletes.

Whether you love him or hate him, ESPN is getting their money's worth because half the people love to listen to his insight (in his own style of English) and the other half has to tune in just so they can disagree and hate him.

Ochmed Jones said:
I think ESPN should be fined for leting him back on the air. Are they out of their minds, what message does that send to the children. He has a drug problem, therefore he should be relaxing in a crack house, not on the air abusing the English language and miscommunicating with fellow cast members.

ESPN - please do the right thing and send this guy packing. Show some class for once.
Couldn't agree more. They had a perfect reason to let this idiot go and what do they do? Suspended for 1 week? Please!

texpat said:
Why are you so upset that he doesn't want the PATS to be considered as good as the Cowboys? Does it really matter what he thinks? All great ex-athletes think rather highly of themselves and have huge egos. That is part of what gives them the ability to go out and perform against other great athletes.

Of course they do. But what on earth does what the Patriots do NOW have anything to do with Michael Irvin THEN? NOTHING. How come Troy Aikman is able to call games when the Cowboys play the friggin' Redskins and is able to be impartial, unbiased and insightful? He's even won over Redskins fans, for pete's sake! Irvin is nothing but an inarticulate, blustering fool who I cannot believe is paid for his worthless opinions.

Bella*chick said:
Of course they do. But what on earth does what the Patriots do NOW have anything to do with Michael Irvin THEN? NOTHING. How come Troy Aikman is able to call games when the Cowboys play the friggin' Redskins and is able to be impartial, unbiased and insightful? He's even won over Redskins fans, for pete's sake! Irvin is nothing but an inarticulate, blustering fool who I cannot believe is paid for his worthless opinions.

ESPN's gotcha. You'll probably sit there and watch just so you can yell at the TV, LOLLOLLOL!

texpat said:
ESPN's gotcha. You'll probably sit there and watch just so you can yell at the TV, LOLLOLLOL!

Nah, they don't. I can't believe I've done it but I've gone a whole season avoiding football media talk.

I have been known to yell at the TV, though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back