Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Seeing Michael Irvin sing his own praises on NFLN's retrospective leading to his Hall of Fame induction is nauseating. The parts where he mentions telling other receivers they have no business getting the ball MIGHT be tongue-in-cheek, but I really wonder.

I'm not suprised at all.

I respect him as a player but he and Terrell Owens are birds of a feather.

Last edited:
The Playmaker knows all
1105gloryi01.jpg

yeah he knows how to get arrested and snort snow. nice role model for the hall of fame.

Hell of a ball player and hell of a speech tonight. As much as I dislike Irvin on the ESPN pre-game shows, I can now look past him mistakes in the past, he gets it.

... hell of a speech tonight. As much as I dislike Irvin on the ESPN pre-game shows, I can now look past him mistakes in the past, he gets it.

One would like to think so, but I'm not so sure. His speech (25 MINUTES!) was pretty self-indulgent, as you'd expect from that guy. Is the Hall of Fame speech supposed to be a pulpit for baring one's soul about EVERYTHING, or to pay homage to the game? To me, it sounded more like a speech you'd hear at church or a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous.

While most of us feel a certain way about Irvin, his speech was one of the more memorable speechs ever. I don't think there is any prerequisite as to what they write their speeches about. IMO anyways.

While most of us feel a certain way about Irvin, his speech was one of the more memorable speechs ever. I don't think there is any prerequisite as to what they write their speeches about. IMO anyways.

Much of it just seemed out of context to me. Is the induction speech supposed to be a life-review confessional, or maybe a little about life/family and a lot about the player's football career? He went overboard on the former IMO and could've dropped about 10 minutes of that stuff.

I loved the speech. Still think he was and is an overrated player.

Irvin frustrates me. He can be so genuine, charismatic, stirring, and likeable like he was during his speech last night, or he can be a total blowhole like he so often is on ESPN. He's impossible to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down