PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Holley: Rams Walkthrough was not Taped

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a tape in his posession the Pats could sue him for stolen property.
Don't forget about the unfettered power of the government. Sphincter could easily give him immunity from prosecution; I guess you're right that the Patriots could sue him in civil court, not have him arrested for criminal court, but if Sphincter wanted to protect him I bet he could.

And then you'll apologize? I won't hold my breath.

Look dude, I'm not reciting anything as gospel. The only reason I became interested was because congress is getting involved.

I understand that some here are taking the loss very hard, and I can understand that, but there is more to life than football. When we lose I don't go home and kick the dog and yell at my wife, as some here may very well do. I'm trying to be objective, but apparently it's too early for that. Too many emotions are being vented and bad feelings expressed.

Hope you feel better soon.

Um, unless Bella*CHICK is pulling a Ray Finkle, I think the term dude is inappropriate.

She's a she, dumbass.

And then you'll apologize? I won't hold my breath.

Look dude, I'm not reciting anything as gospel. The only reason I became interested was because congress is getting involved.

I understand that some here are taking the loss very hard, and I can understand that, but there is more to life than football. When we lose I don't go home and kick the dog and yell at my wife, as some here may very well do. I'm trying to be objective, but apparently it's too early for that. Too many emotions are being vented and bad feelings expressed.

Hope you feel better soon.

And I hope you understand why some of here would be a tad suspicious of someone's whose only posts here were decidedly in more favorable to media ****storm we've been enduring for months now.

Because the banner to this website reads "The best fans on earth" not "The most objective fans on earth."

Carry on.

Last edited:
I'm not really able to hear weei...what sort of things are they saying, besides just that Holley's got multiple sources that call bs on the tape or anything else?

In other words, are Dale and Holley or anyone over there actually blaming Fatso Tomase for running with fiction, or are they pretending he doesn't exist, or are they covering for him?

I'm not really able to hear weei...what sort of things are they saying, besides just that Holley's got multiple sources that call bs on the tape or anything else?

In other words, are Dale and Holley or anyone over there actually blaming Fatso Tomase for running with fiction, or are they pretending he doesn't exist, or are they covering for him?

you can listen on your computer here

http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=23493&

No blame assigned, just Holley saying he has multiple sources that say the game was not taped. Very adamant about it

you can listen on your computer here

http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=23493&

No blame assigned, just Holley saying he has multiple sources that say the game was not taped. Very adamant about it

Thanks for the link. I'm in and out, that's why I can't listen.

I was hoping they'd have something to say about Fatso. If someone in Boston media would come out and say "Tomase had nothing, he didn't do the research, he just ran with a rumor." I think that would go a long way toward getting that greasy punk canned.

Brutal. How did the taping get reported without confirmation from more than one source? I can't wait until the media shuts up about this.

As an outside observer, I would say don't count your chickens before they hatch or you could be in for a big disappointment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as if you're willing to believe one media guy (Holley) and his unnamed sources over another guy (Tomase) and his 1 unnamed sources.

Granted, multiple sources are better than 1, but when they're unnamed, we don't know if it's 2 sources or 1. So right now, I would say that both sides have equal claim until one side proves it unequivocally. Of course, if I were a Patriots fan I would be more incline to believe the writer/broadcaster that's sympathetic to my point of view and do what I can to dismiss the other guy. That's just a natural reaction. But as an outsider, I think can be a little more objective. Like I said before, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know who Holley or Tomase is, so right now I'm giving both the benefit of the doubt.

As for Walsh, it doesn't matter if he could make money from whatever tapes he might have, as some may have alluded to in this thread. He could lose more money than he could get from the media for them if he breached his contract and/or confidentiality agreement. But if I were him, I wouldn't say anything unless I had something. The fact that he was willing to give up everything he had if someone would pay all of his legal expenses speaks volumes to me. I wouldn't dismiss him just yet.

Just some food for thought from a neutral observer.

For a goof, I sent an e-mail to Mike Florio about this. I know if Holley said that his sources said there is definitely a tape of the walkthrough, he would have it on his site in no time. I wonder if he will post this since it puts a damper on the story.

As an outside observer, I would say don't count your chickens before they hatch or you could be in for a big disappointment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as if you're willing to believe one media guy (Holley) and his unnamed sources over another guy (Tomase) and his 1 unnamed sources.

Granted, multiple sources are better than 1, but when they're unnamed, we don't know if it's 2 sources or 1.
You forget the factors that :

- Michael Holley has the best sources around the Patriots.
- John Tomase and his girlfriend, Felger, have been shut out and have no sources.

Granted, multiple sources are better than 1, but when they're unnamed, we don't know if it's 2 sources or 1. So right now, I would say that both sides have equal claim until one side proves it unequivocally. Of course, if I were a Patriots fan I would be more incline to believe the writer/broadcaster that's sympathetic to my point of view and do what I can to dismiss the other guy. That's just a natural reaction. But as an outsider, I think can be a little more objective. Like I said before, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know who Holley or Tomase is, so right now I'm giving both the benefit of the doubt.

As for Walsh, it doesn't matter if he could make money from whatever tapes he might have, as some may have alluded to in this thread. He could lose more money than he could get from the media for them if he breached his contract and/or confidentiality agreement. But if I were him, I wouldn't say anything unless I had something. The fact that he was willing to give up everything he had if someone would pay all of his legal expenses speaks volumes to me. I wouldn't dismiss him just yet.

it's because michael holley has access to the team and wrote an inside book. tomase couldn't get access to the men's room at gilette.

Michael Holley was the only writer to be given inside access to the Patriots for nearly a year while he wrote his book "Patriots Reign". Holley was allowed to sit in on closed door meetings, exclusive access to assistants and other admistrative staff that most reporters aren't. He is far more plugged into the Pats orgainization than virtually anyone in the Boston or national media.

I choose to believe Holley because I know his sources are better than John Tomase. I also know that Tomase likes to beat everyone to the punch on stories and can be premature with his information. If the roles were reversed and Holley said that there is a tape and Tomase said the story was BS, I would be devestated.

You forget the factors that :

- Michael Holley has the best sources around the Patriots.
- John Tomase and his girlfriend, Felger, have been shut out and have no sources.

Like I said, I stand to be corrected because I don't know Tomase or Holley. Or what kind of paper the Boston Herald is. But I would doubt Tomase would claim a source when he didn't have one. Granted, that source could be a drunk guy off the street, but then again I doubt that.

I think as much as it hurts you guys, you're going to have to let this run its course until it's completely dead. And I don't think it will be dead until Arlen Specter says it is. It's unfortunate and I understand how you guys feel about having this distraction, but he is a Senator and if he keeps pushing then it's really not over.

tomase couldn't get access to the men's room at gilette.
Did you see his girlfriend on the pre game shows adding little comments like "back when Belichick would talk to me" ? What a little sniveling whiner. I used to like Felger, he had a good pulse of things at a fan level, but he needs to go back to Wisconsin now.

Like I said, I stand to be corrected because I don't know Tomase or Holley. Or what kind of paper the Boston Herald is. But I would doubt Tomase would claim a source when he didn't have one. Granted, that source could be a drunk guy off the street, but then again I doubt that.
Well Holley wrote Patriot Reign and Never Give Up, the latter this past year with Bruschi, the former a few years ago and he had unfettered access to the team, meetings, Belichick, everything. Both books had serious inside stuff that give Holley impeccable credit as having trustworthy sources withing the team. So much so that it's entirely possible that Belichick is one of his sources.

Tomase gets a hit here and there but is generally a bottom feeder who'll repeat anything and hope his occasional hits are remembered more than his numerous misses.

Did you see his girlfriend on the pre game shows adding little comments like "back when Belichick would talk to me" ? What a little sniveling whiner. I used to like Felger, he had a good pulse of things at a fan level, but he needs to go back to Wisconsin now.

don't get to see any boston television out here in sd. wish i could.

I think as much as it hurts you guys, you're going to have to let this run its course until it's completely dead. And I don't think it will be dead until Arlen Specter says it is. It's unfortunate and I understand how you guys feel about having this distraction, but he is a Senator and if he keeps pushing then it's really not over.

Tomase broke the first rule of journalism. He needs independent verification to run a story like that. Just because the source may be a trusted source, you do not know the information that he/she has is good. In fact, the source didn't even know if the videotaping was authorized by Belichick or his staff or whether Belichick or his staff knew about it or even saw the tape. It sounded like a shakey story to begin with. Doesn't mean that Tomase didn't hear the story from a trusted source. The source could just have bad information which apparently Tomase didn't verify based on his story.

don't get to see any boston television out here in sd. wish i could.
I live about 4 hours North of you - I get the sports package on DirecTV which include Fox Sports New England. On their nightly Path to Perfection show, Felger would say something about Belichick then add the snotty little comment I referred to. And he damn near had an orgasm on TV when the Rams' walkthrough thing broke and he got to talk about "rumors that reporters have knows for months" and have the "I'm going to be a good little reporter and not report rumor" look which dropping insinuations to his prissy little heart's content.

When we lose I don't go home and kick the dog and yell at my wife, as some here may very well do. I'm trying to be objective, but apparently it's too early for that.

Hey, I know who this is! Hi Felgie!

Holley also has a background at newspapers that aren't considered absolute rags. Boston Globe. Chicago Tribune. Cleveland Plain Dealer.
He's also a Pulitzer Prize winner, and a best selling author.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back