PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Holley: Rams Walkthrough was not Taped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Michael Holley just said on WEEI that he has multiple sources that the rumor the Rams' walkthrough was taped is absolutely wrong. He said there is nothing to the rumor and Matt Walsh has nothing that he will be able to provide Goodell or Specter.

Color me unsurprised. Everyone who took a serious look into Walsh quickly concluded he was a BS artist, the national media just couldn't be bothered.

To be perfectly honest, if Spygate were to just go away, I would consider that almost a fair trade for the SB loss. Almost.

That must be why my phone just rang. My brother was calling to tell me. I couldn't get it because my son is asleep in my lap.

No kidding...the phone rang and I started constantly refreshing here because I knew if it was Pats news it'd be here in no time.

Color me unsurprised. Everyone who took a serious look into Walsh quickly concluded he was a BS artist, the national media just couldn't be bothered.

To be perfectly honest, if Spygate were to just go away, I would consider that almost a fair trade for the SB loss. Almost.

It was funny that Mike Fish from ESPN was on Felger's radio show saying that Walsh was sought out and wasn't looking for this spotlight and really doesn't want to provide information on his former employer nor is looking for money. LOL! Yeah, I believe that.

The minute the Patriots issued an adament denial of the rumor, I knew there was nothing to it. The Patriots typically are closed lipped about everything and usually use the term "It's a league matter." The fact that they confronted this head on, gives me the distinct impression that they have nothing to hide.

good news - now we can finally (hopes) move on and get back to regular football?

It was funny that Mike Fish from ESPN was on Felger's radio show saying that Walsh was sought out and wasn't looking for this spotlight and really doesn't want to provide information on his former employer nor is looking for money. LOL! Yeah, I believe that.

btw, this would make sense if there really was nothing to what he had/claimed.

if he had no evidence of anything, then he wouldn't be seeking publicity of any kind

The minute the Patriots issued an adament denial of the rumor, I knew there was nothing to it. The Patriots typically are closed lipped about everything and usually use the term "It's a league matter." The fact that they confronted this head on, gives me the distinct impression that they have nothing to hide.

Just like Watson said: call me unsurprised on an issue OVERBLOWN. This ahole wa clearly looking to ca$h in & had jacksh*t on proof....
Glad the PATS are not given the public message "no comment .. league matter" & denying it right away! Keep up the fight Kraft!

Wow some good news this week..

Like accepting rheumatoid arthritis if the heart problem were to go away? But,
yeah, I don't want to even think of Belichick being suspended.

Idea, hey, Bill, strike up a fishing buddy buddy relationship with Jimmy Johnson and get him to write a quick book on what he's been letting on that everyone does it.

If this Walsh guy had a tape...it would have been on every Network the minute the story broke. The Jets tape was broadcasted because it DID EXIST...and it didn't take long for that tape to be leaked either. I still want the commissioner to talk to this guy and then close the book.

As for John Tomase...bleep you!! You pathetic excuse for a reporter. :mad:

Ridiculous. Someone's head (um, Herald) ought to roll for this. Someone needs to be held accountable for spreading the lies and innuendoes about this. It may have been a factor in the game as it was a distraction. I am so freaking pissed about this because it was a non-story from the beginning.

And yet this will not stop Mike & Mike for spending hours this morning hypothesizing the "but what if there is a tape" "what if BB is lying" "what if what if what if" to death, I know I know I need to back away from the TV and the internet for a few weeks, I just cannot even tell you how angry I get that the media and people in general feel like they can get away with saying ANYTHING about the Pats right now because we are generally so hated. HELLO, part of the reason we are so hated is because people are spewing this misinformation left and right and the public is eating it up!!!

Just like Watson said: call me unsurprised on an issue OVERBLOWN. This ahole wa clearly looking to ca$h in & had jacksh*t on proof....
Glad the PATS are not given the public message "no comment .. league matter" & denying it right away! Keep up the fight Kraft!

I bet you it's likelier that the yellow newspapermen like Tomase and Fish were purposely sensationalizing his response about not wanting to talk about it.

And Holley is still the only on-air personality I can listen to in Boston.

Ridiculous. Someone's head (um, Herald) ought to roll for this. Someone needs to be held accountable for spreading the lies and innuendoes about this. It may have been a factor in the game as it was a distraction. I am so freaking pissed about this because it was a non-story from the beginning.
I don't know about in Boston, but in the SF Bay Area, the two major newspapers are begging for subscriptions/giving away their paper for a month if you sign up. They're in trouble with everyone getting their info online instead and are laying off people all time to keep their heads above water. Maybe the Herald is in trouble too? The Globe would certainly be the survivor in an attrition war.

i want a written apology to the pats from john clayton, chris mortenson and all those other pricks over at espn for smearing the pats and basicly ruining superbowl weekend for me, the pats and other pats fans across the globe.

I'm not so sure this issue is over just yet. Specter could subpoena Walsh for testimony if this builds up steam.

If what builds up steam? The fact that there is no tape? They would look ridiculous.....moreso than they already do.

Completely 100% agree. We all laugh off lame media stories, but this was indefensible. The editor at the Herald and TOMASE in particular need to be held accountable for running with a story that had absolutely NO VERIFICATION, thereby letting every other news organization under the sun run with this since "it is being reported by a Boston newspaper..."
Disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey