PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Felger: Debunked

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is its all about his ratings every week he throws crap out there and see if it sticks. He is so quick to call players a bust such Jackson and Maroney. Just remember who the negative people were when they traded for Moss same ones now who are crying about running up the scores mainly fat boy John Dennis and Michael Felger or as Ordway calls the soccer moms.

My problem is, Felger USED to be the "contrarian" in which he would try to take the opposite opinion of the conventional media. Back then, you would disagree but there would some interesting nugget of something there, or at the very least some good debate. But now Felger is spouting the same tired national media rehash I hear every time I switch on anything to do with the NFL.

In other words, the worst sin of this whole article is that it is boring and unoriginal, totally spineless.

The part I can't understand is, if he's trying to work he way into a national gig or something, spouting the same crap as everyone else in the country is NOT the way to stand out. I think Felger and his radio guests from PFW have WEEI blindness. I listen with more and more incredulity as Felger and Hart and Casale trip all over themselves each week to "debunk" the Pats, as if Smerlas and DeOssie are somehow the national benchmark. In reality, they go down the same tired path of 90% of the shows that are not the WEEI Big Show. None of these guys is going to be seen as "courageous" for spouting the same national tripe as every other commentator.

You would at least think they would want to go out on a limb a little bit and take a position that isn't so safe. Imagine a article based on the data the first poster in this thread presented. Contrarian to the core, it would be clipped and resent around the country, spark some actual real debate, and maybe even get Felger some online ratings. It's sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back