PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's weak area on defense might be our strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk might, but I hope they let him run routes with Hernandez more than they have in recent weeks. This is pretty much one of the only areas where I can really complain about O'Brien. You have this athletic beast at TE that is a match-up nightmare for every safety, CB, and linebacker his goes against. Use him more than just in the blocking scheme.
You're quite right Kontra. As high as I am on Hernandez I believe that Gronk may turn out to be the more complete tight end of the two.

I'm sure the coaches are scheming to exploit Miami's weaknesses.

As high as I am on Hernandez I believe that Gronk may turn out to be the more complete tight end of the two.

I think most will agree with this! I cannot see Hernz being a blocking TE even close to Gronk!

Still can't believe this guy dropped so far in the draft for smoking a joint.

They talked about why he fell on PFW in progress this week, by the sounds of things he had a tough time when his dad died, went a little off the rails by the sounds of things. His mother said that he was "just not a nice person to be around".

Keller killed us in the first half last week. However, keep in mind that we made halftime adjustments and he didn't catch another pass the rest of the game, even though he was Sanchez's clear #1 target.

Keller killed us in the first half last week. However, keep in mind that we made halftime adjustments and he didn't catch another pass the rest of the game, even though he was Sanchez's clear #1 target.

Key word being Sanchez...

Brady will find the open receiver......

plus Pats have more weapons than Jets on Offense :rocker:

Yup, and then Edwards pooped on you guys.

Why?

Anthony Fasano isn't much of a receiving threat and their other TEs change weekly. TE is probably the weakest unit on their offense. How about this game, name Miami's other TEs without looking them up.

You're right that I only know Fasano. But I still feel that our cover game isn't great. It seems we give them too much cushion.

Key word being Sanchez...

Brady will find the open receiver......

plus Pats have more weapons than Jets on Offense :rocker:

Oh agreed. Just saying that we are quite capeable of stopping the TE if needed.

Brady obviously >>> Sanchez

Yup, and then Edwards pooped on you guys.

Oh come on...

All 2 catches? He got the majority of his production on a little 5 yard out where the defender slipped. Braylon caught it, turned around, and the defender was on the ground and the defense had no safety help over to of him b/c we were blitzing the CB from the other side.

Braylon didn't poop on anything...

Oh agreed. Just saying that we are quite capeable of stopping the TE if needed.

Brady obviously >>> Sanchez

Miami's problem will be that Brady has multiple recievers that are capable of torching Miami's pass D...not sure how Pats running game stacks up to Miami's run D...Have a feeling Pats will have to try to run it just to keep Miami honest.

A screen or draw play probably is best bet of slowing down Miami's PR.

The big question is...can Pats D stop Miami

Miami's problem will be that Brady has multiple recievers that are capable of torching Miami's pass D...not sure how Pats running game stacks up to Miami's run D...Have a feeling Pats will have to try to run it just to keep Miami honest.

I think the question is can they make a stop when they have too...I dont expect them to shut anyone down but can they bend without breaking

The Pats D at this juncture can't stop a collegiate team...the Pats MUST outscore thier opponents and that is how it has to be for awhile

Pats score 29 or more?...good chance to win
Pats score 28 or less? ...there is always next week to get back on winning track

someone pointed out in the globe comments to an article that miami has had issues covering tight ends with teams which had good running game. unfortunately , BJGE wont scare them as much as LT and AP...

The Jets had 400+ yards of offense and scored 31 points.

So you stopped Keller?

Did it matter?

It's a good question too...

I'm not sure how this game is gunna turn out, but I'm sure there is going to be a lot of points on the board for both teams, so it should be fun to watch...

The Jets had 400+ yards of offense and scored 31 points.

So you stopped Keller?

Did it matter?

No, it didn't, b/c the Jets won. But that wasn't the question. The question was talking about the specific match up between TEs and our defense.

But thanks for making such an insightful contribution to the thread...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye