Miami's Wasted Top 10 Pick Ginn Not Progressing As Planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Miami Herald...
After the draft, much to the distaste of Dolphins fans, coach Cam Cameron consistently said the team would work toward developing Ted Ginn Jr., the ninth overall pick, into a successful kick and punt returner instead of as a wide receiver.

Two months later, in June, Cameron again said he was sticking to that plan.

''We have a plan and that's the most important thing,'' Cameron said of Ginn. ``We have a plan and that starts as a punt returner and a kick returner and then taking every day one day at a time.''

Now, in a twist that won't be any more popular, the plan apparently has changed again. Ginn isn't even handling kickoffs for the first team. On Thursday, Ronnie Brown and Jesse Chatman were relegated to return duties. Although the move initially seemed experimental, Cameron said otherwise after the game.

CHANGE OF PLANS

''That'll probably be our return unit [Brown and Chatman],'' Cameron said. ``We want to focus with Ted on punt returns and give him a chance there because that takes a lot of work.''

Punt returns, they shoulda kept Welker.

Last edited:
From the Miami Herald...
After the draft, much to the distaste of Dolphins fans, coach Cam Cameron consistently said the team would work toward developing Ted Ginn Jr., the ninth overall pick, into a successful kick and punt returner instead of as a wide receiver.

Two months later, in June, Cameron again said he was sticking to that plan.

''We have a plan and that's the most important thing,'' Cameron said of Ginn. ``We have a plan and that starts as a punt returner and a kick returner and then taking every day one day at a time.''

Now, in a twist that won't be any more popular, the plan apparently has changed again. Ginn isn't even handling kickoffs for the first team. On Thursday, Ronnie Brown and Jesse Chatman were relegated to return duties. Although the move initially seemed experimental, Cameron said otherwise after the game.

CHANGE OF PLANS

''That'll probably be our return unit [Brown and Chatman],'' Cameron said. ``We want to focus with Ted on punt returns and give him a chance there because that takes a lot of work.''

Punt returns, they shoulda kept Welker.
did you see the numbers brady quin put up the other day for the browns .lol lol i can just picture Aballsack4ever04 crying in his piss soaked bed lol lol.mommy mommy i wet the bed again whaaaa .why didnt the dolphins draft brady quin mommy whaaaaa.lol lol

They spend such a high pick on him and all he is gonna do is return punts? Even if it's only for his first year, it seems to me you want to get a little more use and production out of a top ten draft pick. He acts like Ginn will get overwhelmed if they ask him to do anymore than just return punts.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for ballsack4ever to jump in and say he's a threat to take the rock to the house everytime he touches the ball, just like he did in the game vs the Chefs, wow, did he look awesome returning punts..................

did you see the numbers brady quin put up the other day for the browns
That was a bunch of dump offs with 5-7 minutes left, down by more than 2 TDs. Miami may regret passing on Quinn but what happened Saturday night was meaningless.

That was a bunch of dump offs with 5-7 minutes left, down by more than 2 TDs. Miami may regret passing on Quinn but what happened Saturday night was meaningless.

Quinn took what the defense was giving him and ended up nearly winning the game. I agree that it is preseason so it doesn't mean he is going to be a great quarterback, but knocking him because he didn't force the ball downfield into double coverage when the short passes were wide open doesn't really make sense to me. He showed poise and like I said, took what the defense gave him. He deserves credit for the way he played, especially considering he missed so much of practice, but it is only preseason and he wasn't doing it against real NFL caliber players.

Last edited:
Quinn took what the defense was giving him and ended up nearly winning the game.
I'm just saying that not only is preseason meaningless but 3rd string against 3rd string is even more meaningless and 3rd string against 3rd string with a 17 or so point lead is even more meaningless.

But if you want to take meaning out of it - great.

Wow, it's August and already he's a bust. I'm sure no one thought Hester would do as well as he did last year.

Wow, it's August and already he's a bust. I'm sure no one thought Hester would do as well as he did last year.

Hester was drafted 57th.

Ginn was drafted in the top 10 and Hester wasn't even in the top 50; it's like comparing apples to hand grenades. Another worthless point by you to try to justify drafting Ginn, basically a glorified punt returner.

It's ok to admit a player you have could be a bust, we won't go and tell the douchebags at Finhaven that you are a turncoat.

I swear Aqua with each post you get dumber (thought that was next to impossible, but you've proven me wrong sad to say).

The fact that you claim to have all of this football knowledge is even more pathetic.

Quick question; is the ball inflated or stuffed?

I'm waiting.

Ginn was drafted in the top 10 and Hester wasn't even in the top 50; it's like comparing apples to hand grenades. Another worthless point by you to try to justify drafting Ginn, basically a glorified punt returner.

It's ok to admit a player you have could be a bust, we won't go and tell the douchebags at Finhaven that you are a turncoat.

I swear Aqua with each post you get dumber (thought that was next to impossible, but you've proven me wrong sad to say).

The fact that you claim to have all of this football knowledge is even more pathetic.

Quick question; is the ball inflated or stuffed?

I'm waiting.
The ball's not inflated?:confused:
What's it stuffed with.

I'm waiting for ballsack4ever to answer that question, my guess is he'll say it's stuffed.........

Best of luck with that response from Wingnut, aka, Travis the Troll, aka, Triple T. No point in trying to get in a debate with him, it's like getting into a pissing contest with a skunk, ie, a no win situation.

He's picking the Patriots WR's as a group; he can only HOPE and PRAY they are a flop for his Doofins to have a prayer this year.

Last edited:
Best of luck with that response from Wingnut, aka, Travis the Troll, aka, Triple T. No point in trying to get in a debate with him, it's like getting into a pissing contest with a skunk, ie, a no win situation.

He's picking the Patriots WR's as a group; he can only HOPE and PRAY they are a flop for his Doofins to have a prayer this year.

forget about his lack of talent, the kid doesn't have the spine to be a writer...

Why talk with a bunch of old men who are just here to call me names? You guys are pathetic, get a life.

Why talk with a bunch of old men who are just here to call me names? You guys are pathetic, get a life.
this coming from a racist lying welshing multiple screen name having loser .ya were are pathetic lol:rolleyes: your the loser who keeps coming back for more .we have a reason to be here .we are patriots fans .and don't give me this crap about this being the visiting LR.nobody here is the least bit interested in talking football with you because you know nothing about footabll.your nothing but a insecure little boy that nobody has any respect for .and we both know you want that more than anything .you aren't respected and your dofphins aren't either .lol lol go cry to your mama.

Last edited:
The ball's not inflated?:confused:
What's it stuffed with.
It's stuffed with whats left of aqua's brains, so it must be an undersizedf football.

Who here has spent the past 3 years trolling a rival's fan board with more furvor that most of us homers?

Your entire shtick is making hoplessly inflated claims about your crappy team, then calling us pathetic losers when we call your bluff. Seriously now, the Dolphins suck. Get over it. Stop acting all high and mighty when we call a spade a spade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes